India A tour of South Africa, 2013

What i learned from this tour (A) Vijay sucks. Open with Rohit. Might as well. (B) Ishwar Pandey should make the squad for SA © Binny is to quote KT an SOB of the highest order. Was a joke with the bat. (D) DK has fluffed his chance. Saha for SA tour (E) The new ball in SA is everything. I would suggest we protect our batsman by sending Bhuvi at 3/4 to suck down the new ball. (F) As mentioned earlier keep Unadkat for the ODIs

Like hell Dhoni is going to be selecting Rohit and Rahane when Raina's century has given him the perfect excuse to push the serial Test failure into the team.
He did prefer Rahane over Raina for the last test vs Aus. And the timely knock by Rahane today could have just saved him his spot unless they decide to give Rohit his test debut in the 1st test vs SA.
Yeah m slowly coming around to the rohit opening our batting option......
the way i see it Pujara is our best batsman. If Sachin was not there i would make him play at 4 or even 5 to protect him from the new ball. Infact pujara at 5 is something India needs to consider. We need somebody to cash in after the new ball has been seen off. IMO opening with Che will be a huge mistake.

send Rahane in at 3 IMO. Somehow i doubt Rahane in his current form will get you big score. However i am confident he will be able to suck out balls from the new ball. Has has the role at Mumbai coming at 3 down and has also opened for mumbai in the ranjis many times. If you look at Trott thats was initially his role. KP was bumped down from 3 to 4 after England realised he was exposed to the new ball too often

send Rahane in at 3 IMO. Somehow i doubt Rahane in his current form will get you big score. However i am confident he will be able to suck out balls from the new ball. Has has the role at Mumbai coming at 3 down and has also opened for mumbai in the ranjis many times. If you look at Trott thats was initially his role. KP was bumped down from 3 to 4 after England realised he was exposed to the new ball too often
send rahane as opener if ur convinced he will fail dont mess with only batting position in team which is not broken :winky: trust me even if u come in first over as number 3 batsman its still totally different thing from being an opener..whole mindset and approach is different.
Yeah I mean seriously tricky man do u drop an opener who's got huge hundreds in your last series. Its as if u r abandoning your belief system a bit at least right away in your very 1st test also rahane apparently doesn't want to open isn't it. Yeah weird situation this but now that we are getting down to these nitty gritties surely rohit has to play i mean there isn't a doubt in anybody's mind right or will we see raina being penciled in :facepalm:
vijay will play for sure..so lets not even discuss about that next thing is deciding who will fill number 6 ? if going by past track record dhoni might give rahane few more chances after all he did same with kohli in tests in australia and rohit in odis .. u just cannot drop player after one match and now after playing such a terrific knock in a tour im sure rahane will get another go .. after all why change the team which won 4-0 even though at home bowling selection will be more tricky..ashwin would play and jaddu will be dropped for one fast bowler..i still think we should play 5 bowlers with 4 fast bowlers to have slight chance but others think the opposite :nervous:
Rohit over Vijay for sure. @cabby the more i think about it, the more i would like Pujara to play at 5 (assume sachin cannot be moved).
i get why you are saying that but have some faith in pujara :winky: if anyone is going to score at number 3 its this guy and if he does score a big 100 we might have a chance at 5 it might be already too late for him to make big runs and save our ass
What i learned from this tour (A) Vijay sucks. Open with Rohit. Might as well. (B) Ishwar Pandey should make the squad for SA © Binny is to quote KT an SOB of the highest order. Was a joke with the bat. (D) DK has fluffed his chance. Saha for SA tour (E) The new ball in SA is everything. I would suggest we protect our batsman by sending Bhuvi at 3/4 to suck down the new ball. (F) As mentioned earlier keep Unadkat for the ODIs
Rohit's technique is suspect against the new ball especially in SA,let him play in the middle order but before Kohli.

Most importantly pace matters two games that India lost were because of pace, fastish spell on a decent deck can unnerve anyone, India needs to look at guys with PACE, SUYAL, AARON, SHUKLA,PANKAJ SINGH. Gains PUJARA, PANDEY, ROHIT, SAHA, RASSOOL, AND DK, BINNY, MAJOR FLOPS, JURY IS OUT FOR MV, KAUL, RAYUDU ALTHOUGH YOUNG AND HAVE POTENTIAL, overall a good tour.