What would you be doing on this Eid-ul-Fitr?

Rahul Khan

Well, everyone has plans for Eid day. Whats yours? I have some Eid parties on Sat. and Sun. If its on Friday, I will offer Eid prayer and Juma prayer and keep sleeping. Since I am in KSA, no cousins and relatives here ..just few friend families... Please tell us where and how you would be celebrating eid...there are a lot better things to do, so... ...Come on!

Plus I will spare a thought for animals that will get slaughtered cruelly.
Respecting the fact that they have to celebrate their festival... They sacrifice alot of goats, chickens and cows, which is pretty harsh. Spare the animals please...!!! Eat vegetables instead

Eid-ul-Fitr is a festival to mark the end of Ramadan. I think some of you are confusing it with Eid-ul-Adha which commerates Ibrahim's willingness to sacrifice his son for God. I myself will be getting up nice and early for Eid prayers and will spend most of the day visiting family and friends.

Respecting the fact that they have to celebrate their festival... They sacrifice alot of goats, chickens and cows, which is pretty harsh. Spare the animals please...!!! Eat vegetables instead
Dude that's the other Eid, not this one.

Nah! can't be asked getting into religious debates. All killing of animals is WRONG in my book. Let's leave it at that :wink_smile:
Well if that's your opinion then I whole-heartedly disagree but I can understand that you would take that stance. But that's not what you said. You said "Halal/Kosher killing is extra cruel." That's the statement I have a problem with. BTW, isn't is easy to make slanderous remarks and then refuse to back them up because you "don't want a religious debate."

Well if that's your opinion then I whole-heartedly disagree but I can understand that you would take that stance. But that's not what you said. You said "Halal/Kosher killing is extra cruel." That's the statement I have a problem with. BTW, isn't is easy to make slanderous remarks and then refuse to back them up because you "don't want a religious debate."
mate, religious debates arent allowed here. (AFAIK)

mate, religious debates arent allowed here. (AFAIK)[/quote And I have no intention of getting into one. But if i were to say "Most Hindu practices are the most barbaric and dispicable acts known to mankind", don't you think someone would want, at the very least, an explanation? Disclaimer: I do NOT hold the view in quotes and I am not saying that remark is equal to the remark Gaurav made. I've just trying to make a point.