State elections 2013 thread: Delhi, MP, Chhattisgarh, Rajasthan, Mizoram

The Outsider

yes but that wont last for more than a few months and another election would be along with lok sabha where Modi wave will help BJP in delhi. I was surprised that even some of educated folks have no idea about election system. An educated CA from dilli told me that he cant vote for AAP as that will cut the vote for BJP and will affect Modi :((
As I wrote above the only reason AAP didn't win this time is because people thought their vote will be wasted. After seeing this result, BJP and Congress stand no chance whenever the next elections might be - whether they are in six months or five years.

the only reason I think AAP would prefer a coalition to fresh elections is that if fresh elections happen then they would happen alongside Lok Sabha elections and there the people would most probably prefer a National Party to an upstart like AAP. But I still think there won't even be a need for AAP......BJP will win this thing on its own or will reach close enough to get form the Govt. with support of just 1-2 independents. I don't think it will be even. I expect AAP to end up with around 26 or 27. If a situation comes that there has to be another election then BJP will be the biggest gainer as it will use the UPA's bad image to win both the Lok Sabha and Vidhan Sabha polls in Delhi.
spot on

NCT OF Delhi - NEW DELHI Counting In Progress Candidate Party Votes ARVIND KEJRIWAL Aam Aadmi Party 19483 SHEILA DIKSHIT Indian National Congress 9174 VIJENDER KUMAR Bharatiya Janata Party 6870 RITU SINGH Bahujan Samaj Party 306 :hysterical::hysterical:

As I wrote above the only reason AAP didn't win this time is because people thought their vote will be wasted. After seeing this result' date=' BJP and Congress stand no chance whenever the next elections might be - whether they are in six months or five years.[/quote'] I really want AAP MLAs to work at the ground level now and fix basic issues like traffic lights, parking, uncovered manholes and water issues. If they are able to show it in the next few years then people in the neighboring constituencies will also vote for AAP else BJP MLAs will have to also match the work to retain. In either case it will benefit Delhi. Everytime Sheila ji said "humara kaam hume jitayega", the traffic jam in Saket and not functioning traffic lights and cars parked on the main road came to my mind. It can take upto 2 hrs if one drives to a local saket market (not the malls) and our CM was proud of her "work"

AAP will get a decisive majority if there are re-elections. The only reason they are not beyond the majority mark is because a lot of people did not want to waste their vote on a party which does not have a chance to come to power.
Not much chance of that. Already many AAP voters are saying that although they have voted for AAP here, they will vote for BJP in Lok Sabha. So if there are re-elections in Delhi they will happen alongside Lok Sabha polls and as a result BJP will win big. Another factor in favor of BJP is the CM candidate Dr. Harshvardhan - he has a very clean image and has made a good connection with the voters in only 2 months (in fact everyone agrees that BJP made a big mistake by not naming him CM candidate earlier). Now if there is a hung Assembly he will get 3-4 more months which will be more than enough for him to win this thing outright next time.