When Tendulkar flew in for a Single Match

Rajiv

Guest HariSampath

Punter on Sachin

let me know if there is any further need to heap more Eggy's :giggle:
Forget about all the pro SRT and anti SRT fan opinions for a moment. Here's what Ricky Ponting had said some 2-3 months back..even before the England tour...I think that it is a fair comment for us to make that one of the top cricket batsman and captains of modern day cricket and someone who has done plenty of battle against Sachin can have the last word. On speculation over Sachin Tendulkar's `retirement': "He has got runs in the last series against Bangladesh, though they are not among the strong teams going around but that's up to Sachin, if he thinks he can keep improving day after day then he should keep playing. Steve Waugh, when he was coming close to retirement, said that if he thought he could make himself a better player everyday then he will continue playing. So if Sachin still has the desire and the mood to make himself a better player then he should keep playing." On whether he could overtake Tendulkar's record tally of 37 Test hundreds: "He has got a couple of hundreds in the last series and he is up to 37 and I am at 33. But he is older than me and I would like to think that I would play longer so I would like to wait and see how it goes. Sachin has always been someone I looked up to. Probably he is still the benchmark as far as international batsmen go and all batsmen look up to him." So we can conclude that as long as Sachin plays normal cricket and yesterday was just an aberration he should keep playing till he knows best and form and fitnes warrants it. Hari Sampath
Answer my qn. Is he a walker ? No Did the umpire give him out ? No Why did he walk then ? If instead of Akhtar, it were Eddo Brandes bowling and the opponent were Zimbabwe, would he have walked ?
Yes, he used to walk, I've seen him at least once. And stop thinking like the pak fans, too much hatred for someone is bad for yourself not that person.

the whole walking thing is BS... if you are given out when you are not out.. can you argue? NOOOO.. soo why would you walk when you are out and not given out.. ?? and in case of SRT.. he has been given out unfairly just too many times.. Never walk against CONVICTS and CHEATS....

dont take my word Lurks feel free to open a Poll here and see how many care about the LG ICC ranking .... Ever see a thread here discussing the change in rankings ?
That doesnt mean the ratings are wrong or anything. This is essentially an Indian cricket fan website and Indians in general dont care about ratings that doesnt show their players in good light. Period. Of course that doesnt mean one should make ICC ratings as be all and end all of all arguments, I never mentioned ICC ratings as Holy Grail. My question was rather simple - How do you explain that Sachin's ICC ratings is lowest since 1994?
What has SRT's ratings got anything to do with say todays result or the amount of runs he made against England a month ago or the SAF series ?
Putting it simply, it will give you a pointer that the man is way behind his best and quite simply as good as perhaps his worst.
I thought you were discussing ODIs ... if you want Test Cricket lets do Test cricket too ... he is indeed in the top 3 of the last 2 test series minnows or otherwise.
My issue with Sachin, as I am sure you would have seen in myriad thread now, is with his game. This clearly includes both Test and LOI. Personally I do not quite see why SRT's game should be based on LOI in the first place, the more challenging version is Test cricket. I see Sachin as well Sachin..not a Bevan for sure. And yes please tell me about his Test performance. Is he ranked in top 15 bats of this year? This for a batsman who for most part was in top 5 and certainly top 10 of his career. xxx
Iam yet to meet a individual Indian fan or otherwise that gives a rats behind about the ICC ratings .... how ever you are more than entitled to fool yourself.
Ah yes the patronizing BB. Here I am talking of ICC ratings and you shall yet to meet an Indian fan. Yeah sure feel free to be blind as a bat.
and my answer is even simpler get me the formula and I will explain ... and as far as its usefullness is concerned feel free to answer blue_brigades question on the other thread .... (MSD being no 1 on ICC ranking after 50-60 ODIs )
Huh...So the next time there is a list of some sorts you would want me to suggest how the list was compiled? Sorry dont have that kind of time on hand. The ratings are right there, take it or leave it. Stop making this whole act of - If you can't convince them, confuse them.
No it doesnt .... because anybody can play well during a given time frame .... but that does not necessarily mean that they will have a good ICC rating ..... its quite irritating that you play dumb as Iam prety sure you are well aware of this but just to keep arguing for the sake of it you hang on to any ludicrous excuse that you can.
And why would they not have a good rating? Care to give me some concrete examples rather than your usual rant?
I created a seperate thread where the top run getters of 2007 in both forms of the game are listed .... feel free to comment.
Will check it.
But again this obsession with world rankings .... who the heck cares.. didnt you say you careabout the team results first ? .... I will take the last ranking guy as long as he scores runs for our team .... Yeah he doesnt rank among the top whatever - do I care - hell no ... does he himself care .... fat chance ...
You are whipping rants out of thin air now. I have said it before, and I say it again, the ratings are a pointer to how the player has performed. I am not picking, or dropping, Sachin because of his low ratings. But what that rating amply shows is Sachin of today is as good as his worst. Please feel free to address that instead of regular claptrap.
Now you want to talk about why he merits his place in the team or you want to keep regurgitating the same "Ohh he isnt in the XYZ ranking list ... ?"
Arent you the one to complain? Thus far you have indirectly commented about 10 times on the ICC ratings, in various threads, and still not once addressed the base issue - Why is sachin's rating today as low as it has ever been. Adress it and then we shall move on, fair?
You also have not answered my question on which team selects its players based on world rankings ... a Straight answer will be greatly appreciated.
Read up response up where I have mentioned I am not suggesting a player should be picked, or dropped, on ratings. Mine is a simple question - Why is Sachin's ratings lowest of his career(excluding first 2 years). Stop making it complicated. xxxx
Whjy dont you throw some names from our list of regulars .... I dont recall anyone being concerned. And BTW how many threads have you started on ICC Ratings considering how you take it so seriously ?
So the next time I mention a viewpoint I should first put in 3 other names that have done so? :hysterical: I mean come on man you dont like ICC ratings, fair enough, why expect me to haul names of those who like and those who do not? I am right here telling you about it, you dont like it let it be. Fair?
And u want me to take a list seriously while its clouded in secrecy and no one knows how the numbers are arrived at ?
No different than Oscar awards then. I am sure you dislike them as well. Anyway its a matter of personal opinion and all but hey if you wanted you could have atleast tried to answer that simple question that I have asked you and you have responded within a dozen thread without even mentioning it.
Once again for the millionth time. 1. I dont care about his ICC ratings 2. No one else cares as far as I know 3. He himself doesnt care
1. You dont have to care. Just look at the numbers and give an opinion. How hard is that? 2. I care and I am right here, open your eyes. 3. Why would Sachin care about anything? You think he cares about ICF or you?? :tounge_smile: xxxx
The ICC ratings for individual players are generally ver good' date=' sure they have their faults but give a very good trend. They were earlier known as the PWC ratings and even in those times reflected the trend very well. Their team ratings are much worse though.[/quote'] Yes they were called as PWC ratings. I would say the ratings were lot better in old days. One good thing(till ICC bought it) was that it allowed players to be compared. I remember very clearly comparing Kapil to Imran, Kapil to Botham and so on. And Kapil would come out on tops as LOI all-rounders(Imran came out as best Test allrounder), even though those who follow pure numbers would never agree to that. I dont think they let you do that anymore. xxx
Simple logic if those ranking were so popular they would have been commented upon regularly here.
Great logic that one. This website routinely deals with Indian, and Indian cricket, mostly. I have never seen much coverage of Sheffield Shield(now Pura Cup), Curie Cup or English county. So by your logic, and behaviour, I should probably assume they dont exist! Sorry it doesnt work that way with me.
Bladebhai had a ranking system too should I coment on that ? Convince me how this soo called ICC ranking is worth my time and I will indulge you .... must be very easy for you since you seem to know all about it. :giggle:
You are flattering yourself that I would bother with convincing you. It is a take it or leave it offer. You dont like it fair enough, just dont try to suggest how SRT is doing all fine and dandy when he clearly isnt. xxxx

If this guy is scoring at an avg of 40+ runs of SR 80+, tell me a reason why should I drop him. Even if he looks sh1t playing in the middle. Second thing, we are talking about 11 players of which 7 are batters. If you find a batsman who is young and giving consistent 35+ then he can replace SRT....So lets see who are there. Yuvraj ----------Best at the moment. Cannot be replaced. Dravid---------- One of the best in any form, including Bis-Bis.... Gangs---------- Top scorer of the year...of course cant be replaced Dhoni---------- He is tallented...captain...doing good...cannot be replaced either.. ..... .... ... Who are the last 3? what are their achievements? What are the averages? Which big games they have won us? STOP talking on SRT, talk about these last 3 potential players...when you are done justifying...we will compair them with SRT.

But, I don't see anything wrong in a player being ranked 17th or whatever Tendulkar is specially when 6 out of the top 8 spots are taken by batsmen from one team. In fact, Tendulkar or Yuvraj would be the highest and second highest Indians in the rankings. So if rankings are used to drop players, we should drop our entire line up I guess? PS : I still think Tendulkar should look to quit ODIs soon, but it's certainly not because of performance as some here are trying to suggest. He has been in the top 3 Indian batsmen this year in either form of the game.