Australia in India 2013-14

saneindian

Cummins may be' date=' but Pattinson doesn't have that Johnson X factor.[/quote'] You forgot how quick he bowled against us in tests when they toured India. He cleaned up Vijay with a 150K yorker in first test. They could also play Josh Hazelwood . He might not have high pace like Johnson, though still can bowl high 80s, but compensates that with bounce. He was really effective in CLT20 2012 held in SA with his bounce.
He did bowl yorkers and Shaun Pollock was the first one to bowl a slower ball bouncer - IPL 2008. But sure' date=' don't let facts come in your way of dishing BS.[/quote'] :hysterical::hysterical: venky retired long time back 2008 and he was the first one try those variations like bowling slower bouncers even in the 90s. At least he was the one who used to bowl that crap time and time again..Either you have not seen him bowl or just ignorant. I have hardly seen him bowl Yorkers. Srinath had a wonderful Yorker because he had pace and it was more lethal at his pace. Venky never had pace, hence he was bowling those slow bouncers and some other useless variations.
You forgot how quick he bowled against us in tests when they toured India. He cleaned up Vijay with a 150K yorker in first test. They could also play Josh Hazelwood . He might not have high pace like Johnson' date=' though still can bowl high 80s, but compensates that with bounce. He was really effective in CLT20 2012 held in SA with his bounce.[/quote'] Pattinson was carted around after that initial burst and I don't take Vijay as a barometer for playing Pattinson. Patto is the work horse but I don't think he has the X factor in him to instill that doubt like Johnson.
:hysterical::hysterical: venky retired long time back 2008 and he was the first one try those variations like bowling slower bouncers even in the 90s. At least he was the one who used to bowl that crap time and time again..Either you have not seen him bowl or just ignorant. I have hardly seen him bowl Yorkers. Srinath had a wonderful Yorker because he had pace and it was more lethal at his pace. Venky never had pace' date= hence he was bowling those slow bouncers and some other useless variations. http://www.espncricinfo.com/fantasy/engine/match/287853.html?bowler=2228;innings=1;view=commentary Btw, check out some slower ball bouncers by Venkatesh Prasad. _mDGkV0dd3U
Stereotypes once again - credible source which mentions Prasad bowls those slower ball bouncers ot STFU. Prasad however used to bowl those slower leg cutters without much change in action. In fact, I am wrong - Pollock bowled the slower ball bouncer in WT20 2007 much before the IPL.
Stereotypes once again - credible source which mentions Prasad bowls those slower ball bouncers ot STFU. Prasad however used to bowl those slower leg cutters without much change in action. In fact, I am wrong - Pollock bowled the slower ball bouncer in WT20 2007 much before the IPL. http://www.espncricinfo.com/fantasy/engine/match/287853.html?bowler=2228;innings=1;view=commentary Btw, check out some slower ball bouncers by Venkatesh Prasad. _mDGkV0dd3U
:hysterical::hysterical:...i can see you completely ignoring the second line in which I said at least he was the one who tried the slower bouncers time and time again. :hysterical: I can also see you ignoring the fact that venky never had pace , hence he hardly bowled an yorker and kept bowling those useless variations. I though agree with you that venky may not be bowler to introduce slower bouncers but he used it time and time again since he never had pace like srinath. I don't have to see the video, because I have seen him bowl from early 90s and he was never quick. either you know the facts or shut the **** up.
Pattinson was carted around after that initial burst and I don't take Vijay as a barometer for playing Pattinson. Patto is the work horse but I don't think he has the X factor in him to instill that doubt like Johnson.
Carted around? Did you even see how he bowled in the entire series. He was the lone threat in that series and consistently bowled quick and his departure was a huge relief for us due to homework gate. He was the best pacer from both sides on that tour and remember pitches were dead, no where close to as bouncy as these in this ODI series for pacers. Regarding Vijay not being a barometer, a 150kph yorker is still 150KPH yorker whoever the batsman is and no batsman will find it easy to negotiate such a ball.
what?:hysterical::hysterical: venky never used to bowl Yorkers and he was the first one to come up bowling slower bouncers :hysterical: instead of bowling Yorkers. He can teach what he believed is good and bowling slower and slower (not that he was fast even when he tried) to avoid getting hit by batsmen. Nobody improved him being a bowling coach. Ishanth started bowling badly when he was the bowling coach. If he was any good' date=' he would not have been booted out as a bowling coach.[/quote'] :hatsoff: for u ignorance Did u even read what i wrote.Ishant did go off the boil form ipl 2009 and he has himself admitted he tried to copy zak with out telling anyone.Venky was kicked out after Wc t20 2009 in england where our batsman failed to play bouncers and kirsten wanted to help his friend eric simmons earn some rupees.Now we have a fat slob as coach who does not even have a test match to show for.
Then why wasnt he continued?
Because our batsman could not play bouncers in world t20 in england and we needed a scapegoat,Also kirsten needed to help simmons eric earn a buck.Again fletcher got rid of simmons and got the fat slob from australia.
It is a very good decision!! Sanity needs to prevail rather than knee jerk reactions. Dropping the likes of Ishant and VK now is letting them of too easy!! Its a lot lot harder trying to comeback and prove oneself after such a hammering. Rest assured Shami and Unadkat will be taken to the cleaners as well by the Oz squad. Why should the onus of taking on a very good Oz one day side on flat pitches rest on inexperienced shoulders. We do not have half decent pacemen at the moment. After BK the next best thing we have is an almost retired Zak who may or may not have a medical emergency at any given moment. Yadav who has everything going for him has brain tumor, I cant find any other reason for him bowling the way he did in his last few India games!! Rather than sitting at home after being dropped, Ishant and VK have to comeback and prove themselves, if they cant no one has any excuses left, not them two, not the selectors nor Dhoni/Fletcher. Resting them now means the 'senior pacers' can rest at home and watch a crop of inexperienced trundlers get hit around the park. If they cant comeback now then India's fast bowling manual needs a fresh new sheet. Or what will happen is a few new trundlers will be taken to the slaughter house and the same 'senior' culprits will make a comeback the next series.
You are assuming that the current pacers are the best picks , but are not performing. Ishant lacks consistency, controlled, brains, yorkers and VK lacks even decent pace, decent bounce, movement, nor does he have any great control but just about average. Their ODI records are not good either They are are two of the worst picks to start with.
:hatsoff: for u ignorance Did u even read what i wrote.Ishant did go off the boil form ipl 2009 and he has himself admitted he tried to copy zak with out telling anyone.Venky was kicked out after Wc t20 2009 in england where our batsman failed to play bouncers and kirsten wanted to help his friend eric simmons earn some rupees.Now we have a fat slob as coach who does not even have a test match to show for.
I dont bother if some one has played a test or not. It is not always necessary that test players will become great coach. Coach is one who understand his trade and can help others learn it. How many tests have Troy Cooley or David Saker played. I believe an India national team coach really does not have much time to spend on players because we do not hold enough camps for season to work on them and things can only be worked out in breaks not when you are playing matches. Joe Dawes is as good a coach as any can be. He helped Rayn transform from a trundler into a genuine quick bowler and had a great hand in Queensland's rise. I like such coaches who can develop players. One another is Subroto Bannerjee who worked extensively with Umesh Yadav and remodeled his action to get his outswing going and made him a better bowler when he was Vidarbha coach, now switched to Jharkhand from this year.
I dont bother if some one has played a test or not. It is not always necessary that test players will become great coach. Coach is one who understand his trade and can help others learn it. How many tests have Troy Cooley or David Saker played. I believe an India national team coach really does not have much time to spend on players because we do not hold enough camps for season to work on them and things can only be worked out in breaks not when you are playing matches. Joe Dawes is as good a coach as any can be. He helped Rayn transform from a trundler into a genuine quick bowler and had a great hand in Queensland's rise. I like such coaches who can develop players. One another is Subroto Bannerjee who worked extensively with Umesh Yadav and remodeled his action to get his outswing going and made him a better bowler when he was Vidarbha coach, now switched to Jharkhand from this year.
I do not agree It was harris who ran all those laps on the beach and hot sand.Nobody barred joe from attending nca or having private sessions with players.If u cannot correct basic errors like sunup and wrist position after 2 years then u got to be sacked.
I do not agree It was harris who ran all those laps on the beach and hot sand.Nobody barred joe from attending nca or having private sessions with players.If u cannot correct basic errors like sunup and wrist position after 2 years then u got to be sacked.
It does not happen like that. Neither any happens in NCA. Players or board themselves will have to take the initiative. "Kua tumhare paas nahi aayega pyas bujhane, tumhe kuyein ke paas jana padega." Until it happens, whichever coach you hire, nothing is going to change.
It does not happen like that. Neither any happens in NCA. Players or board themselves will have to take the initiative. "Kua tumhare paas nahi aayega pyas bujhane' date=' tumhe kuyein ke paas jana padega." Until it happens, whichever coach you hire, nothing is going to change.[/quote'] Thats why i want some reputed guy who will have enough confidence and authority over the players to be strict with them.