Sarfaraz Khan

prinzo

Kevin is purely a SA product......I am not sure how much county cricket help to enhance the skills....may be Matt prior was not as good as he was...when he started playing for england
KP was a brilliant batsman from his first season. But he was dropped from his South African domestic team. So there you see a way in which England's system was better. It is not all in development, sometimes it is in talent identification.

Trott and KP are 100% came through their formative years in south africa. Its not just them. Players like Alan Lamb and Grieg too were in the same boat before them. Take a look at Gary Ballance. Came through the system at Zim and SA, now playing in the counties and then for England. As far as India goes, I think infra structure is starting to catch up with the talent. Facilities are being built. The very fact that we are producing players like Dhoni from jharkhand and now Zol from Aurangabad etc shows that the talent is coming through. What india needs is 60 stadiums spread across the country, with cricket academies. The big problem India faces is. Who exaclty do we pick ? There are like 10-15 promising people and only a few spots.

One example proves **** all. Even if that was your point' date=' congratulations because it had NOTHING to do with what I said.[/quote'] it has everything to do with that in the end cricketers that are playing in national team are not product of county cricket like you said . if they are so good at developing cricketers why is almost 50 percent of team made of outsiders who have actually represented other country for gods sake!
KP was a brilliant batsman from his first season. But he was dropped from his South African domestic team. So there you see a way in which England's system was better. It is not all in development' date=' sometimes it is in talent identification.[/quote'] Either way, he is more a South African than and Englishman
Either way' date=' he is more a South African than and Englishman[/quote'] Absolutely. I have never stated otherwise. All I said is that County Cricket is a good system and then people pounced on me with the "England poaching" argument. Such an argument does not undermine my point at all.
Absolutely. I have never stated otherwise. All I said is that County Cricket is a good system and then people pounced on me with the "England poaching" argument. Such an argument does not undermine my point at all.
Yes totally agree, ever since the ECB restructured the County Circuit in 1999-2000 (after a home defeat to NZ) they have done a fine job in overhauling the domestic game and the standard of English cricket has improved.