ICC World T20 2014

ICC World T20 2014  

1. 1.

• Chandimal
    • Matthews
    • Malinga
    • Jaywardene
    • Flout Some Rule like WT20 2012

Pakistan team showed lot of class today. As a sportsperson I have to admire the class showed by Pakistani team. Irrespective of how immature the fans maybe the players have deep respect for each other. I am in particularly impressed with Afridi when he shook hands after the winning runs. Wins and losses mean nothing if you don't conduct yourself properly. I would like to thank Pakistan for playing a spirited game. In t20 it is very fickle if you win because differences are small so let us appreciate how pakistan conducted themself (their players) after the game. Good game and may god bless both the teams.

India-Pak contest: Friends first, rivals later http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/series-tournament/t20-world-cup-2014/top-stories/India-Pak-contest-Friends-first-rivals-later/articleshow/32391195.cms "Things have mellowed down. We don't see any altercations on the field now," said Dhoni. "It is important to not cross the line and promote the game in the right way. In the past whenever we watched India-Pakistan matches, we used to get very tense as a lot of things happened apart from cricket on the field. We used to enjoy it too. But now things are a lot different," he stated. Dhoni's counterpart Mohammad Hafeez too said that the game against India is a really big one and people from both the countries get really excited, but stressed that beating India is not the be all and end all. The relaxed atmosphere spilled out of the press conference room onto the turf of the Sher-E-Bangla National Stadium as both teams practised their fielding drills. "Kaisa hain Lala", yelled out Yuvraj Singh to Shahid Afridi as the Pakistan all-rounder was practising his pick up and throw and the Indian southpaw was walking towards his team. "Oye Yuvi paaji, kahan jaa rahe ho," asked Afridi. As Yuvraj pointed out that he was going for training, Afridi, with, a smile said, "Oye Koi nahin. Karlo training. Waise bhi haarna hain aapne kal." Yuvraj smiled and walked away.

India-Pak contest: Friends first' date= rivals later http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/series-tournament/t20-world-cup-2014/top-stories/India-Pak-contest-Friends-first-rivals-later/articleshow/32391195.cms "Things have mellowed down. We don't see any altercations on the field now," said Dhoni. "It is important to not cross the line and promote the game in the right way. In the past whenever we watched India-Pakistan matches, we used to get very tense as a lot of things happened apart from cricket on the field. We used to enjoy it too. But now things are a lot different," he stated. Dhoni's counterpart Mohammad Hafeez too said that the game against India is a really big one and people from both the countries get really excited, but stressed that beating India is not the be all and end all. The relaxed atmosphere spilled out of the press conference room onto the turf of the Sher-E-Bangla National Stadium as both teams practised their fielding drills. "Kaisa hain Lala", yelled out Yuvraj Singh to Shahid Afridi as the Pakistan all-rounder was practising his pick up and throw and the Indian southpaw was walking towards his team. "Oye Yuvi paaji, kahan jaa rahe ho," asked Afridi. As Yuvraj pointed out that he was going for training, Afridi, with, a smile said, "Oye Koi nahin. Karlo training. Waise bhi haarna hain aapne kal." Yuvraj smiled and walked away.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
I took you as a troll at first. But after having few discussions with you' date=' it seems you also bring up some fair points at times. I may not agree with you about Ajmal but I got to say I respect you as a poster.[/quote'] End of the day you have to admire people who play this sport. Afridi really carried himself with lot of class. Good luck to Pakistan in this tournament as long as you don't click against India.
I agree, that is why losing to India never bothered me. You guys have great players hence you won. Good luck to India as well, It was a nice opening game.
India was better this day, I am not sure this team is the better team. Ttrust me in T20 they could have easily lost to you. This unit has shortcomings and Yuvi and Sharma are liabilities at this time. Pakistan has a good team but pace bowling is below par and batsman do not have any confidence. On top of it you have a class player in Misbah and half you country finds faults with him. I still stand by my analysis, this team is not whole lot better than Pakistan but we will take the win.

Pakistan is missing batting fire-power. Iits a kindof chicken and egg situation because you need confidence to bat freely, and until you are able to put together a few good scores, you can't develop confidence. Root cause, to be blunt, is lack of batting class. India don't have their balance right, so I don't think they will go too far in this tourney. But to be honest, its Twenty-20, anybody's game. so it doesn't matter that much. I like Dhoni's strategy of playing a batsman short, and playing 3 spinners - its a better gamble on bangla wickets. But at the end of the day, its a strategy based on compensating for weakness, so the team is not quite championship material.

Pakistan is missing batting fire-power. Iits a kindof chicken and egg situation because you need confidence to bat freely, and until you are able to put together a few good scores, you can't develop confidence. Root cause, to be blunt, is lack of batting class. India don't have their balance right, so I don't think they will go too far in this tourney. But to be honest, its Twenty-20, anybody's game. so it doesn't matter that much. I like Dhoni's strategy of playing a batsman short, and playing 3 spinners - its a better gamble on bangla wickets. But at the end of the day, its a strategy based on compensating for weakness, so the team is not quite championship material.
to be honest, we have jaddu at 7, ashwin at 8. thats some heavy batting, plus if mishra plays he can slog a few if needed and add runs. so we can afford to have 5 bowlers and nothing wrong in that since we increase our chance of getting wickets and hunting in packs. to be fair, the downside to the team is rohit sharma - i dont like his approach, its too slow and will cost us in a high-scoring game because he will give his wicket away. so id have rahane open or kohli open, rohit out and if kohli opens then binny in

Same could be said about Indian team no exaggerated celebrations after winning the game, few smiles shook hands and were gone. No attempt what so ever to milk an easy win and yes we outplayed pak their was not one moment when pak even looked in the game. heck bhatti and pak team seemed more excited after yuvis wicket than Indian team after the win.