Hindu religion rockz

Cricketics

since Buddhists insist on being different from Hindus...
Because we are. So are Jains and let me be the first to tell you that we do not like the arrogant hindu like Sandtest and others who nonchalantly say it is all the same, since their focus is against the far more alien viewpoint of Islam. Hindus and Buddhists cannot be the same, because there are FUNDAMENTAL DIFFERENCES in viewing the universe.
is there any restriction on them regarding what to eat and what not to eat..?
Yes and no. Many schools of buddhism believe in strict vegeterianism. But if we were to get completely technical about it, Buddha said it is both of good health and virtuous to be a vegetarian ( the health part has been proven recently) but if one offers you something that is food to them, you should be gracious enough and thankful enough to accept what is given to you in good intentions. Ie, if i were to be technical about it, I should be a vegetarian but if I am offered some chicken or beef or whatever, by someone intending to gives me food , i should accept it. I find it to be a far more enlightened perspective than inflexible attitudes towards food- be it pork, shellfish or beef.

some people claim that even sikhs come under the umbrella of Hinduism..
Yeah. Its all a question of perspective i guess. From a buddhist perspective, hinduism has some deepset ideas that are similar to buddhism but most of the fluff that goes along with hinduism ( the external aspect of it) is superfluous. Jains and Daoists are a lot closer to the core concepts,so close infact that i often can't tell the difference. Christians, Jews & Muslims have little or no similarity to the core concepts from my viewpoint. Sikhs i dont really know, tbh, i don't know much about sikkhism. All i know is ' if her dad wears a pagree, don't chase her, lest he kirpans you to death'. :haha: PS: Swets, i hope you have stopped sweating over it now.

>>>>I see Hinduism as a lot of nonsense Is that really required ?
I stated my perspective. I didn't say anything malicious or aggravating- i said it is a lot of nonsense with a few core concepts that make sense. If you agree with me, you have no reason to be angry, if you disagree, well then its just my opinion. Disagreement is not the point here.

I do not take kindly to editorials to my post. I speak my mind and if you edit, i will edit it back to what i said. If you find the post offensive, delte it or ban the poster. But don't f*ck with what he/she said lest you cause much confusion and misleading ideas forming amongst posters about each other. This is the first and last time i will mention this.

I stated my perspective. I didn't say anything malicious or aggravating- i said it is a lot of nonsense with a few core concepts that make sense. If you agree with me' date=' you have no reason to be angry, if you disagree, well then its just my opinion. Disagreement is not the point here.[/quote'] To actually make a sweeping statement like " Hinduism is a lot of non-sense" and then to say that " I didnt say anything aggravating" is just wishful thinking at its best. Accept it , you sometimes just succumb to your tendency of wanting to take unprovoked pot-shots at Hinduism. There is a lot of history to prove that.

Bongo, can you please edit your above post. Let's not pass value judgements on religions. It's going to flare things up needlessly.
i would've. But no, now i won't, since someone arrogantly took the liberty to edit my post without permission or notification either way. I've fixed it to say exactly what i've said before and i will fix it whenever someone tampers with what i wrote.

I do not take kindly to editorials to my post. I speak my mind and if you edit, i will edit it back to what i said. If you find the post offensive, delte it or ban the poster. But don't f*ck with what he/she said lest you cause much confusion and misleading ideas forming amongst posters about each other. This is the first and last time i will mention this.
Fine, all I did was take out value judgements on religion which are against forum policy. Was not sure you were around, otherwise would have asked you to edit it as I have done above.

To actually make a sweeping statement like " Hinduism is a lot of non-sense" and then to say that " I didnt say anything aggravating" is just wishful thinking at its best.
Its called freedom of speech. If i think someone or something is nonsense, i have the right to state so. I didn't use any elaborate paragraphs or color commentary intended to diss hinduism- i said it is nonsense for the most part because thats what i think about it.

Fine' date=' all I did was take out value judgements on religion which are against forum policy. Was not sure you were around, otherwise would have asked you to edit it as I have done above.[/quote'] Leave mail in my private messages and then wait for atleast a day before you edit. As i said, i do not take kindly to other tampering with what i said as long as its published UNDER MY NAME. You create grave misunderstandings and problems when you edit people's posts without their consent or notification. I will not edit the above post in concern and infact, i will re-edit it everytime someone messes with it if i can. This is my example of consequences to you. Consequence for the insolence of editing my words without my permission or notification. But in future, your requests for editorials will be respected.

i would've. But no, now i won't, since someone arrogantly took the liberty to edit my post without permission or notification either way. I've fixed it to say exactly what i've said before and i will fix it whenever someone tampers with what i wrote.
Okay, now that I know you are around, can I request you to edit the parts of your post where you are passing value judgements on religion as it is against forum rules and policy?

Leave mail in my private messages and then wait for atleast a day before you edit. As i said, i do not take kindly to other tampering with what i said as long as its published UNDER MY NAME. You create grave misunderstandings and problems when you edit people's posts without their consent or notification.
For provocative topics like these we cannot wait for one day for you to edit your post as there will be ruckus by the mean time over here.

Notification? I left a note in the reason for editing the post. What more notification do you want?