Hindu religion rockz

Cricketics

:dance::two_thumbs_up: Hindu religion rocks why? our fasting days going on(Navratre), and still i can drink pepsi, sprite wagara during fasting days also.. i mean which religion allows this freedom?? make home made french fries and khate raho with a good soft drink.. . hail hail.. :two_thumbs_up:

I have to admit i have never ever seen anyone praise their religion because it allows them to drink coke, sprite or eat french fries during fasting days. You got all your concepts wrong mate ! Irrespective , enjoy your food and drink ! :two_thumbs_up:

i think u might not be getting the whole concept for fasting right if your enjoying the food. but we are pretty lenient - we can eat fruit, dried fruits, aalo, water. personally as much as i love chips - being ristricted to eating just chips/aalo makes me not wanna eat them. :P

:dance::two_thumbs_up: Hindu religion rocks why? our fasting days going on(Navratre), and still i can drink pepsi, sprite wagara during fasting days also.. i mean which religion allows this freedom?? make home made french fries and khate raho with a good soft drink.. . hail hail.. :two_thumbs_up:
I can tell you more things you can eat when you are fasting.....:D How do potato chips without salt taste?Do you take salt?:P

Doesn't fasting mean not eating at all?? No offense to you Hindus, but Jain fasts are hardcore.
You can say that again, but I find it torture -------- ..at the same event I find it complete nonsense, that you pick a day or two for fasting and then you eat the other days!!! You don't eat meat for a given day of the week and you eat em rest of the days. So you please him for one day and he rest of the days you are bad? Defies logic and reasoning.

Why do u need such 'allowance' from your religion?

i dont understand how one can drink coke, sprite etc, while fasting. This cant be true fasting. We cannot offer Coke to the deities as it contains caffine, therefore during a fast cannot consume. In a fast - generally speaking u cannot eat what u cannot offer a deity: therefore: - No intoxication (Alcohol, Caffine etc) - No Meat, No fish, No Egg - No ONIONS, NO Garlic (Infact nothing from the Allium family), also nothing from the Fungi family

i dont understand how one can drink coke, sprite etc, while fasting. This cant be true fasting. We cannot offer Coke to the deities as it contains caffine, therefore during a fast cannot consume. In a fast - generally speaking u cannot eat what u cannot offer a deity: therefore: - No intoxication (Alcohol, Caffine etc) - No Meat, No fish, No Egg - No ONIONS, NO Garlic (Infact nothing from the Allium family), also nothing from the Fungi family
Aissi koi baat nahi hai...kahin likha to nahin hai .. I am sure God doesn't want people to suffer.Besides it just shows your shraddha towards God . What you eat during fast also depends on your community and also how your family has been doing it . I don't have salt and cereals...... Fruits,dry fruits..tea, coffee ,milk curd , chocolate with nuts ....pea nut chikki.....are all there in my allowed list:wink_smile:

Thats not religion but more cultural based Cricketics :aetsch: In Bihar, for example, there is a festival called Chath(also known as Surya Puja). It lasts for 3 days and the second day is a mandatory 24 hour fast without any food(or water). Most of the people who observe Chath go foodless(and waterless) for 3 days. Incidentally the Ramadan fasting is a good concept not only because of no food/water regulation between sehri and iftaar(often a 12 hour window) but also because in the duration you are not supposed to think anything bad(quite tough for young people really). It is not exactly about torturing yourself as some may think but more about disciplining yourself. I kind of like fasting, cleanses your body really. Personally I dislike people fasting and then stuffing themselves with fruits/milk/nuts etc. Kind of defeats the whole fasting idea really, doesnt it? xxx