Hindu religion rockz

Cricketics

Its called freedom of speech. If i think someone or something is nonsense, i have the right to state so. I didn't use any elaborate paragraphs or color commentary intended to diss hinduism- i said it is nonsense for the most part because thats what i think about it.
I definitely respect your freedom of speech. But as the saying goes, every right comes with a responsibility. And besides , its just your opinion and not necessarily the truth. If everybody were to insist on expressing their "opinion" in the name upholding their freedom of speech, that would lead to a lot of trouble. You are free to express your opinion , irrespective of whether it is right or wrong , as long as it doesnt go against the stated policy of discussion here, which is that religious topics arent exactly welcomed.

And besides , its just your opinion and not necessarily the truth.
Isn't this exactly what i said earlier ?
If everybody were to insist on expressing their "opinion" in the name upholding their freedom of speech
And that is their right to for that is exactly what freedom of speech means.

For provocative topics like these we cannot wait for one day for you to edit your post as there will be ruckus by the mean time over here.
Wasn't i clear enough ? If i wasn't here it is again : NOT MY PROBLEM. I have stated to you clearly that i do not take kindly to editing my post. If you are too busy to leave a note for edition and wait on response, you are free to delete the post. Take that option if you must, but as i said, i will NOT tolerate random editorials to my posts with simply a one-liner response left by the concerned moderator. I hope this is clear enough ?

Isn't this exactly what i said earlier ?
Precisely. Then anyone can let out an utterly inflammatory statement and justify it by saying - " Well , its opinion and i have the right to express it" That isnt the point is it ? Again i say , irrespective of whether you "think" what you are saying is right is wrong , its just basic decorum to not say things that might upset a sizeable majority of posters.
And that is their right to for that is exactly what freedom of speech means.
Dont exactly want to get into a long drawn debate with you on this. We have done this before , many times.

Bongo, a few things : 1. This forum is not the ideal place for freedom of speech as far as one topic is concerned - religion. This has been discussed here on numberous occasions and we are not prepared to go through the hassles of site hackings and legal nonsense to pass value judgements on religion. 2. I edited your post because I was not sure you were around and left a note for the reason of the edit (isn't notification what you were looking for). 3. If I knew you were around, I would have asked you to edit the parts which were violating forum rules. 4. Now that I know you are around, I apologize for editing your post and request you to edit out the parts where you are passing value judgements on religions. 5. If you don't do so, I will have to delete those posts as you don't want them edited and they are in violation of forum rules.

Again i say , irrespective of whether you "think" is right is wrong , its just basic decorum to not say things that might upset a sizeable majority of posters.
As i said, i have the freedom of speech to state my perspective. I did not get into a slanging match about hinduism or denegrating its Gods or whatever in pointed fashion. I said i see most of it as nonsnese and that is a statement of my perspective. If i cannot say what i think on a topic, even in the most generalized and one-worded sense, then you ARE impinging my freedom of speech.
Dont exactly want to get into a long drawn debate with you on this. We have done this before , many times.
This topic, i am afraid, is not a question of opinion but a question of rights chartered under freedom of speech. Freedom of speech carefully draws the line between not tolerating inflamatory nonsense and yet having the option of expressing your opinion. I have done so in the manner- i have not used any detailed denegration or even any words that can be considered harshest parts of english vocabulary.

Bongo, a few things : 1. This forum is not the ideal place for freedom of speech as far as one topic is concerned - religion. This has been discussed here on numberous occasions and we are not prepared to go through the hassles of site hackings and legal nonsense to pass value judgements on religion. 2. I edited your post because I was not sure you were around and left a note for the reason of the edit (isn't notification what you were looking for). 3. If I knew you were around, I would have asked you to edit the parts which were violating forum rules. 4. Now that I know you are around, I apologize for editing your post and request you to edit out the parts where you are passing value judgements on religions. 5. If you don't do so, I will have to delete those posts as you don't want them edited and they are in violation of forum rules.
I will agree to your request. Give me a few minutes to rephrase what i wrote in a manner i think will suit the PCs amongst us.