Bhuvneshwar Kumar is nothing special

IMO, BK will do well in England. I have no problem with him, but Ishant will be useless. He got success in NZ because of bounce which he wont get in England and he will struggle. Shami, BK are good..need one 90 mph pacer. Umesh would have been ideal. Aaron is another punt.

IMO' date=' BK will do well in England. I have no problem with him, but Ishant will be useless. He got success in NZ because of bounce which he wont get in England and he will struggle. Shami, BK are good..need one 90 mph pacer. Umesh would have been ideal. Aaron is another punt.[/quote'] Why not 2 90mph bowlers, no idea what we are scared of in playing fast bowlers. All other countries think more the better. In india we are so tentative in playing fast bowlers. We are pertified of pace when facing it and including such pacers in our own team:--D Aaaron and Yadav are not scatter guns, no idea why labelled as such just cos quick. But it is a fact that if fast have more leeway in accuracy, as with pace can get away with more.
Why not 2 90mph bowlers, no idea what we are scared of in playing fast bowlers. All other countries think more the better. In india we are so tentative in playing fast bowlers. We are pertified of pace when facing it and including such pacers in our own team:--D Aaaron and Yadav are not scatter guns, no idea why labelled as such just cos quick. But it is a fact that if fast have more leeway in accuracy, as with pace can get away with more.
I am yet to fully get what is the hype for BK for, in tests that is. I dont understand it too. can some one throw some light on that for us please ? How is he way better than Umesh/Shami etc and how is he an automatic choice to lead the attack everywhere.
Why not 2 90mph bowlers, no idea what we are scared of in playing fast bowlers. All other countries think more the better. In india we are so tentative in playing fast bowlers. We are pertified of pace when facing it and including such pacers in our own team:--D Aaaron and Yadav are not scatter guns, no idea why labelled as such just cos quick. But it is a fact that if fast have more leeway in accuracy, as with pace can get away with more.
I could but we already have Shami who was clocking 90 mph plus in IPL. Umesh isnt there, so Aaron is the automatic choice as 3rd seamer for me, but I would have preferred Umesh over him for tests at this point if he was there. If conditions are good like NZ, not helping spin, I would 4 pacers. In 3-men,pace attack, you must play one bowler who can bowl long spells at relentless accuracy. You cannot expect Aaron ir even Umesh to bowl long spella at 90 mph. Such bowlers must be used un short bursts. A bowler like BK who relies on consistency and can bowl long spells is as useful as others to keep one end tight and let others to attack from other end likes of Shamo who himself can bowl 140 plus bur is prone to concede runs. A balanced attack is the best attack. And BK is good enough make every bit of use of swinging conditions and make inroads.
I am yet to fully get what is the hype for BK for, in tests that is. I dont understand it too. can some one throw some light on that for us please ? How is he way better than Umesh/Shami etc and how is he an automatic choice to lead the attack everywhere.
Conditions in England will help his kind of bowling. Though I dont think he is an automatic choice already.
I don't get it either, why is everyone pencilling him in as automatic. Bizzzare
moves the ball both ways at 130 to 135 kph. also have a decent line an length. thats all it takes to get international wickets. one reason why i rate him above shami is most of the international batsmen now a days are most susceptible to swing than pace. generally speaking there is not much difference in value between shami and bhuvi at the moment. people saying he is useless after 15 overs is being a bit harsh. he is still a work in progress as is shami.
moves the ball both ways at 130 to 135 kph. also have a decent line an length. thats all it takes to get international wickets. one reason why i rate him above shami is most of the international batsmen now a days are most susceptible to swing than pace. generally speaking there is not much difference in value between shami and bhuvi at the moment. people saying he is useless after 15 overs is being a bit harsh. he is still a work in progress as is shami.
Let me put this simply. After 15 overs and probably right from start. The keeper can with ease stand up to him. These bowlers were keeper can stand up to are not the ones you need for test match cricket. WHEN WILL WE LEARN!
Let me put this simply. After 15 overs and probably right from start. The keeper can with ease stand up to him. These bowlers were keeper can stand up to are not the ones you need for test match cricket. WHEN WILL WE LEARN!
bhuvi, shami and umesh yadav are the 3 best seam/swing bowlers in india (not based on stats but based on the talent on view). so when we play 3 seam bowlers and umesh not even in team, bhuvi is an automatic choice rite? its straight forward rite? you are talking like mj and dale steyn are indians and we are picking bhuvi ahead of them :)
bhuvi, shami and umesh yadav are the 3 best seam/swing bowlers in india (not based on stats but based on the talent on view). so when we play 3 seam bowlers and umesh not even in team, bhuvi is an automatic choice rite? its straight forward rite? you are talking like mj and dale steyn are indians and we are picking bhuvi ahead of them :)
Aaron is there as well. Accurate, fast and gets movement So back those 3. Back them, play them, groom them. We will reap benefits in the long run
Aaron is there as well. Accurate, fast and gets movement So back those 3. Back them, play them, groom them. We will reap benefits in the long run
you will have to remove the word "Accurate" from the first sentence :) I agree with that line up of bhuvi, shami and aaron since umesh is not selected. especially i want to see indians repeat a mitchel johnson kind of attack on english batsmen. but see bhuvi will still be in the team.
I could but we already have Shami who was clocking 90 mph plus in IPL. Umesh isnt there, so Aaron is the automatic choice as 3rd seamer for me, but I would have preferred Umesh over him for tests at this point if he was there. If conditions are good like NZ, not helping spin, I would 4 pacers. In 3-men,pace attack, you must play one bowler who can bowl long spells at relentless accuracy. You cannot expect Aaron ir even Umesh to bowl long spella at 90 mph. Such bowlers must be used un short bursts. A bowler like BK who relies on consistency and can bowl long spells is as useful as others to keep one end tight and let others to attack from other end likes of Shamo who himself can bowl 140 plus bur is prone to concede runs. A balanced attack is the best attack. And BK is good enough make every bit of use of swinging conditions and make inroads.
4 pronged bowling attack - if it is Bhuvi, shammi , aaron and Ashwin- then its a Good 4 pronged attack. if it is bk,shammi, ishant and ashwin/Jaddu- then its a weak attack if it is ishant aaron shammi and ashwin / jaddu - then also its a weak attack but better then option 2. if its a 5 pronged attack..ishant bhivi shammi aaron and ashwin - then bowling is capable to take 20 wickets... i guess key is 4 pace bowlers for me if it is a 4 pronged pace attack and rohit sharma as Spinner than its a good attack- do as the romans do.... in england play pace bowlers..england is selecting 4 pronged pace attack and so we shud do.
An other thing that i wonder about is BK's swing...i dont see lots of bana swing from him more of angling the ball...Umesh swings at furious pace when the conditions are neutral,Shami does it in flat pitches but have never seen BK do that anywhere..

Umesh Mat Inns Balls Runs Wkts BBI BBM Ave Econ SR 4w 5w 10 9 16 1485 1040 32 5/93 7/103 32.50 4.20 46.4 2 1 0 BK Mat Inns Balls Runs Wkts BBI BBM Ave Econ SR 4w 5w 10 6 11 624 341 9 3/31 3/60 37.88 3.27 69.3 0 0 0 shami Mat Inns Balls Runs Wkts BBI BBM Ave Econ SR 4w 5w 10 6 12 1344 796 27 5/47 9/118 29.48 3.55 49.7 2 1 0 Alright all of them are inexperienced but Yadav and Shami have taken lots of wickets.. And look at Bhuv's strike rate..his first class strike rate is around 60! in-comparison UY is 50, shami 51 pankaj 52