The one major flaw in Dhoni's captaincy

Mr. Wicket

Dhoni thinks that if he can smash spinners for fun' date=' everyone else can too. He needs to get out of that mindset.[/quote'] If thats the case he would not have opened the bowling with Bhajji in the prev game. Dhoni wanted to preserve our best bowlers for the death. But against the Aussies its better to take the risk and go after their top order early than play conservatively & attempt to stop the flood of runs at the death. Dhoni chose the latter route. But he will learn quickly.

Your analysis is spot on, Salil. Another thing i've noticed with Dhoni is that he is always in a hurry towards the end of an over to go and have a chat with the bowler bowling the next over and that seems to have affected his keeping . He has messed up some regulation takes on the last ball of some overs & he even dropped symonds off the last ball of bhajji's over in the 6th ODI. But these are very minor issues, it's his first series as captain in ODI's. He is smart and very competitive, he will improve.

ANy idea why captain after captain for India' date=' goes for the rubbish 5 bowler theory and still bowl part-timers? Yesterday, Rohit sharma for Harbhajan/Kartik woould have won the match for India,.[/quote'] Until now we werent guaranteed of a 10 over quota from Pathan. In Indian conditions i agree that SRT, Yuvi combo can eek out 10 meaningful overs. We should drop motor mouth Sreesanth & give Pathan the new ball.

the other gripe i have with otherwise good captaincy by Dhoni is his field settings..... as far as pacers are concerned, he puts a lot of pressure on them by setting fields which require very precise bowling.... with the spinners, he lost the plot by not having even one guy to cut the single on the leg-side.... a nudge to the leg got them 2 runs.... murali and Bajji were attacking the stumps and dhoni had a full offside cover and 3 men on the leg boundary instead of applying pressure and making them go over mid-wicket against the turn in Karthik's case.... Salil's points regarding bowling change was spot-on.... it was an elementary mistake... my opinion, why we lost the game was captaincy mistakes.... for the flat pitch, our bowling and batting coped decently... but against australia, we gave them a lot of exit routes through patch captaincy...

^^ useless bump, he did state he was doing a bad job at that moment and you're the last person who should be bumping threads about people putting dhoni down
I bumped it to show how ironic it was. To be honest went through the threads he started and they were so boring and PC with so much sitting on the fence that hardly anything interesting to bump
maybe not' date=' but you are the last person who should be doing this[/quote'] Why is that? He is bumiping my threads continoulsy so I will do some back, why you getting your knickers in a twist about it:(( I state my opions clealry wether people like it or not. I disliked dhoni after rejecting test cricket, now I am back on board after he has showed his loyalty again. I refuse to be a PC poster, whose aim is to be popular like salil. He never states any real opion. I have bumped a few threads to show he has some egg on his face as well, like we all do. However, you will also find a lot of what I say turns to be true. Don't make me bump them all:weights: