India's Tour to South Africa, 2013

australia will win but hammer them is far fetched if we in 2000's can compete with them then so can this south africa side but that said australia will win..no question about that but keep in mind england with good bowling attack got better of aussie batsmen and all i said was that this attack will even trouble aussie side of early 2000's an wont be surprised if they fail like they did in 2005 ashes..but with mcgrath and warne they should win
We compete against them on turning tracks due to The best knock played in the cricket history ,The series win is the biggest achievement of indian cricket.they were at peak and those days they seemed invincible.
We compete against them on turning tracks due to The best knock played in the cricket history ,The series win is the biggest achievement of indian cricket.they were at peak and those days they seemed invincible.
dude i am not even saying south africa will win are you really saying this south africa bowling wont trouble them ? cos english bowling did in 2005 and i rate these guys better than flintoff and co
Rohit will also get exposed :--D
There is no such thing as being exposed. It will be a learning tour for all of them. Many of our ATGs struggled initially in their overseas tours. Dravid averaged 29 in all tests in SA. Only Sachin ( Avg. 46) and Laxman(avg. 40) and Gambhir(Avg. 60 even though he played only 2 tests) did well there.
dude i am not even saying south africa will win are you really saying this south africa bowling wont trouble them ? cos english bowling did in 2005 and i rate these guys better than flintoff and co
they were not the same as in 2001.i rate highly slats,waugh,martyn.

almost perfect squad selection by indian selector standards. Neither Viru/Gauti have done enough consistently to warrant reselection considering batting is india's strongest suit. Zak has done enough tho- especially considering that bowling is india's weakest suit. Also sends a +ve message to our other Galacticos (Viru and Gauti) that if you perform in Ranji- reselection is possible. Rayudu and Ishant are only contentious selections. You could also make a case for Uday Kaul over Saha.

This is a very good squad barring one name of course! But as long as he doesn't get a single game, i don't care if they want to carry him as Dhobi's good luck charm I'd really like to see Zak, UY, and Shami form our attack in the first test with Ashwin as the spinner.... BK is really good with his swing and control but he is not as good as Zak with the older ball and when the pitches loses it's juice later on in the test so I'd definitely use Zak while he is in the squad. Batting wise I would definitely go with Rahane at 6 since I didn't like what I saw of Jaddu's batting in the ongoing odi series to warrant a spot at 6 in SA

IMO I think the Zaheer move was a good plan because you want an experienced pacer who has toured there before to guide the bowlers like Bhuvi, Umesh, and Shami who have NEVER toured South Africa. He'll be great in the locker room for them. Let's hope he gives us joy like how he used to. Also, this is a short term plan. I believe he has at max a year left. It's his fitness issue I'm concerned about.

why saha?its wonder selection. why rapeat him again n again in every overseas tour.but he did not show any performance for that in domastic cricket.he just waist and dummy player.more over he proved jinx by luck.he was gone with en****** aus.tour team and we lost 8 test in the row.now in sa it will rapeat again.kartik would be the better selection then him.but our selectors are as per amarnath told a bunch of jokers. dammmmmmmmmm

On a serious note, its a blunder not to select Gambhir. His experience would have been very handy in tough conditions of South Africa. When you can select dead ducks like Rayudu, Raina and Yuvraj why not Gauti? I must say Dhoni has some personal agenda towards Gambhir as cricketing reasons can't keep him out.

On a serious note, its a blunder not to select Gambhir. His experience would have been very handy in tough conditions of South Africa. When you can select dead ducks like Rayudu, Raina and Yuvraj why not Gauti? I must say Dhoni has some personal agenda towards Gambhir as cricketing reasons can't keep him out.
No blunder ... Gauti has to earn his way back now, and that would mean getting a 100+ average in Ranji Trophy. No harm giving opportunities to new people, and Vijay anyway would play both the Tests. He has had a good run, and you cannot drop someone if he fails in just one Test. No point taking Gambo along for a two-Test series.
No blunder ... Gauti has to earn his way back now, and that would mean getting a 100+ average in Ranji Trophy. No harm giving opportunities to new people, and Vijay anyway would play both the Tests. He has had a good run, and you cannot drop someone if he fails in just one Test. No point taking Gambo along for a two-Test series.
So are you saying at present form Raina deserve a chance in playing XI? He cant handle the bounce in Indian pitches what he will do in South Afrcia? What has Yuvi, Rayudu done to regaing their place? I am sorry, players were not selected based on form but out of favouritism.