Supreme Court pronounces gay sex illegal

Stuge

The fact is the Indian society in general is far from accepting homosexuality as normal and acceptable. Indians are still largely religious and every single religion opposes homosexuality.
They are still fighting cultural issues like Valentine's day and women drinking in bars, still cannot fathom people of the male variety indulging in consensual sex. They even forbid consenting heterosexuals before marriage, let alone homosexuals. .
People's ignorance cannot be used a valid excuse for bigotry. If homosexuals are not given the same rights as straight people, the fundamental right to equality is violated , which is far more serious than Section 377. The chaddi brigade can buzz off.

People's ignorance cannot be used a valid excuse for bigotry. If homosexuals are not given the same rights as straight people, the fundamental right to equality is violated , which is far more serious than Section 377. The chaddi brigade can buzz off.
definitely agree. democracy should not mean the majority's right to persecute the minority

]People's ignorance cannot be used a valid excuse for bigotry. If homosexuals are not given the same rights as straight people, the fundamental right to equality is violated , which is far more serious than Section 377. The chaddi brigade can buzz off.
True. But popolar opinion matters a lot when the onus of the decision is on the government. Political parties will usually avoid what 90% people of the country do nit support.

True. But popolar opinion matters a lot when the onus of the decision is on the government. Political parties will usually avoid what 90% people of the country do nit support.
Except a small fringe of right wing numbnuts, I don't see anyone worked up about decriminalizing homosexuality. And these are the kind of idiots who oppose Valentine's day and girls going to pubs as well so I don't see why rest of civil society should be held hostage to their whims and fancies The Delhi HC order has been in place for 4 years now and there was no uproar when it was announced. People really don't care much about it and there is absolutely no reason why homosexuals should be persecuted.

Except a small fringe of right wing numbnuts, I don't see anyone worked up about decriminalizing homosexuality. And these are the kind of idiots who oppose Valentine's day and girls going to pubs as well so I don't see why rest of civil society should be held hostage to their whims and fancies The Delhi HC order has been in place for 4 years now and there was no uproar when it was announced. People really don't care much about it and there is absolutely no reason why homosexuals should be persecuted.
+1