Indian deputy consul general arrested in US on visa fraud charges

maniac

Diplomatic row? I don't think I have witnessed anything like this before! Read the below India might as well unfriend the US on Facebook and stop Following them on Twitter.
This is getting serious.US must understand that all South Asian nations are not the same and wont tolerate their non sense and high handedness.How will the US react now is the question.They have been provided enough diplomatic niceties in India while they refused to do the same to Indians.

Removing barricades etc in retaliation. Basically no security So in retalaition we help jihadis by offering them chance to attack Yanks embassy??? Slightly crazy reaction Maybe move to get muslim vote:cantstop:
US embassy was provided excessive security and special priviledges which were extended to no other embassy.Good Step.Long Overdue.

Removing barricades etc in retaliation. Basically no security So in retalaition we help jihadis by offering them chance to attack Yanks embassy??? Slightly crazy reaction Maybe move to get muslim vote:cantstop:
They always have their own marines and US forces inside. Removing barricades is a symbolic gesture

I have no idea why people are defending this criminal. Lied on the visa form to exploit her maid. Diplomatic immunity or not, those facts are as black and white as they get. As for being strip searched and what not, the police followed the procedure they follow for every criminal. Not sure why she expects to be given special treatment.

I have no idea why people are defending this criminal. Lied on the visa form to exploit her maid. Diplomatic immunity or not, those facts are as black and white as they get. As for being strip searched and what not, the police followed the procedure they follow for every criminal. Not sure why she expects to be given special treatment.
Because she is a Diplomat.A representative of THE REPUBLIC OF INDIA. Consular officials can be arrested only for HEINOUS CRIMES and even then they have to be extended all diplomatic courtesies. Regarding Visa fraud well the GOI has said that except the salary her lodging fooding travelling medical allowances all were paid by the GOI so taking all that into consideration she was paid a substantial amount and all these deductions were mentioned in the visa application form.

Because she is a Diplomat.A representative of THE REPUBLIC OF INDIA. Consular officials can be arrested only for HEINOUS CRIMES and even then they have to be extended all diplomatic courtesies. Regarding Visa fraud well the GOI has said that except the salary her lodging fooding travelling medical allowances all were paid by the GOI so taking all that into consideration she was paid a substantial amount and all these deductions were mentioned in the visa application form.
Someone in her position should know better FFS. She harps on about gender equality, human rights and whatever else but exploits her maid by paying some $3.00 odd dollars/hour. Not to mention the fact that she lied on the visa form. Do the crime, do the time. No sympathy for her as far I am concerned.

Someone in her position should know better FFS. She harps on about gender equality, human rights and whatever else but exploits her maid by paying some $3.00 odd dollars/hour. Not to mention the fact that she lied on the visa form. Do the crime, do the time. No sympathy for her as far I am concerned.
You are completely missing the point and that is not what the hullabo is about No self respecting nation will allow a diplomat to endure this treatment. That is the whole point behind the Vienna convention. And no, the crime doesn't matter when this point is under discussion. She has to be treated under international laws You have to ask yourself - Will US allow any of its diplomats to be treated like these? Will US do this to countries like Russia? If the answer is no, then you know what the noise is about

why the strip search?

You are completely missing the point and that is not what the hullabo is about No self respecting nation will allow a diplomat to endure this treatment. That is the whole point behind the Vienna convention. And no, the crime doesn't matter when this point is under discussion. She has to be treated under international laws You have to ask yourself - Will US allow any of its diplomats to be treated like these? Will US do this to countries like Russia? If the answer is no, then you know what the noise is about
No self respecting diplomat would have behaved in the way she has. Do the crime, do the time.