1st Odi - South Africa vs pakistan

Cricketics

Pakistan team Mohammad Hafeez, captain.gifShoaib Malik, Younis Khan, Mohammad Yousuf, Misbah-ul-Haq, keeper.gifKamran Akmal, Shahid Afridi, Umar Gul, Imran Nazir, Iftikhar Anjum, Sohail Tanvir It'll be interesting to see how Tanvir does in ODIs here. SA Team AB de Villiers, JH Kallis, JM Kemp, keeper.gifMV Boucher, SM Pollock, JA Morkel, M Ntini, J Botha, CK Langeveldt ,Gibbs and Smith And Pollock gets his first game of the series. Should be a good match.

Few things that i need to mention - M hafeez is not an opener- he is a useful off spinner who can bat a bit so either have at #6 or play a batting all rounder(Fawad Alam). - PAK need to play 5 bowlers. - Yasir Hameed needs to open the batting with Younus Khan. - S Tanvir must play all 5 ODIs. Well played SA especially Gibbs and AB.

Few things that i need to mention - M hafeez is not an opener- he is a useful off spinner who can bat a bit so either have at #6 or play a batting all rounder(Fawad Alam). - PAK need to play 5 bowlers. - Yasir Hameed needs to open the batting with Younus Khan. - S Tanvir must play all 5 ODIs. Well played SA especially Gibbs and AB.
Do you think Yunis Khan would be able to take the opener's slot? Who would you drop to play 5 bowlers, and who would your 5 bowlers be? I'm also quite impressed by Tanvir and had they run Gibbs out when he was on 17, story would have been different.
Do you think Yunis Khan would be able to take the opener's slot? Who would you drop to play 5 bowlers, and who would your 5 bowlers be? I'm also quite impressed by Tanvir and had they run Gibbs out when he was on 17, story would have been different.
M Hafeez should be dropped but if they really want to play him then he shouldn't open. A full strength team should look like this 1- Y Khan 2- Y Hameed 3- M Yousuf 4- S Malik 5- Misbah 6- Kamran 7- Afridi 8- Tanvir 9- Gul 10- Asif(M Sami for now) 11- Akhtar( A Rehman for now) The only way to balance the team is to a) play a 50-50 player like M Hafeez b) to have one of the 3 senior batsmen open the batting.