If mumbai ODI result would have happened earlier in the series

putrevus

I know india lost the series 4-2 but if this kind of game would have been played earlier in this series , where in they put up some fight and won when all the chips were down the outcome would have been different . I feel the difference in two teams is more mental and lack of toughness on indians part.They needed that assertion that they are as good as Aussies.If you recollect 2001 series after mumbai loss we have VVS laxman's knock then you know how the series turned out.2004 when they toured in Gabba test Ganguly making century turned whole series upside down. They dont have Waugh , Mcgarth and Warne any more, these three were pillars of their success .This team is not on the same level as those teams.All India needs is strong start when they visit them later this year and show then they can fight and stay with them when chips are down.

I think the mumbai match being a dead series match also helped us win it (like the Mumbai test in 2004). If it was earlier in the series, aussies would have thrown the kitchen sink once we were 64/6 to demolish India. If the series result was not already known, I feel Aussies would have shown a little more fight, and it's tough to say how our guys would have fared in that situation, if going to Mumbai if the result was 3-2 or 3-3 (no washed out match in that case).

I know india lost the series 4-2 but if this kind of game would have been played earlier in this series , where in they put up some fight and won when all the chips were down the outcome would have been different . I feel the difference in two teams is more mental and lack of toughness on indians part.They needed that assertion that they are as good as Aussies.If you recollect 2001 series after mumbai loss we have VVS laxman's knock then you know how the series turned out.2004 when they toured in Gabba test Ganguly making century turned whole series upside down. They dont have Waugh , Mcgarth and Warne any more, these three were pillars of their success .This team is not on the same level as those teams.All India needs is strong start when they visit them later this year and show then they can fight and stay with them when chips are down.
I agree with you. A spirited performance like this in earlier games could have helped us square the series. We were either too slow in scoring early and/or too eager to give up wickets. Couldn't accelerate at the top or stop the wickets from falling in the middle.