Ipl Auctions 2014

PAA-G

You cannot go behind every player. They need to eye some particular player who they will buy even if bid goes high likes of KP' date=' Warner, and Finch and then there are some players they can buy who are good but might not get high bids like Hales, Butler, Lumb, Lynn, Dunk, etc.[/quote'] That's wrong thinking , in my view ..Paying Top Dollars for someone like Dhoni who comes in mostly at 15 overs stage in IPL in India is nuts ..I would go for the Moneyball strategy of paying Top dollars to impact all-round players,impact bowlers or no.1,2 and 3 who face most of the overs in IPL ,especially on Indian wickets. Therefore, in my view, if bidding goes over the budget for that player , go to Plan B and target another player identified for that position. I would also add RYAN TEN DOESCATE in my list of Target buys .:pray:

Yes ' date=' but with retentions , they can't afford to go for a higher bid ..teams like Mumbai,CSK and Bangalore have now got to get 20 players for less than 25-30 crores of available purse ..so they can't get into bidding wars like earlier and also , due to scrapping of PWI and KT francises , there are less franchises and more available players. This correction of the demand-supply situation coupled with MI/CSK and RCB having little maneuvring in very less available purse would mean they can only go for max 1-1.5 crore for marquee players.[/quote'] I think MI should go aggressive at auction and get 6 good player in 19 crores and fill remaining slots by signing unsold overseas and domestic players for their base price

You cannot go behind every player. They need to eye some particular player who they will buy even if bid goes high likes of KP' date=' Warner, and Finch and then there are some players they can buy who are good but might not get high bids like Hales, Butler, Lumb, Lynn, Dunk, etc.[/quote'] Yeah agree

That's wrong thinking , in my view ..Paying Top Dollars for someone like Dhoni who comes in mostly at 15 overs stage in IPL in India is nuts ..I would go for the Moneyball strategy of paying Top dollars to impact all-round players,impact bowlers or no.1,2 and 3 who face most of the overs in IPL ,especially on Indian wickets. Therefore, in my view, if bidding goes over the budget for that player , go to Plan B and target another player identified for that position. I would also add RYAN TEN DOESCATE in my list of Target buys .:pray:
what? in ipl no matters how many good bowlers you have in team almost every match will be big scoring (except few) so its better to have good attacking batsmen who can score big scores quickly. and about dhoni. he is best in ipl, in those last 5 to 8 overs he has done always excellent job and had converted many matches in CSK's favour. in last few overs hes score and impact is more than what other teams top order had in first 12 overs :beee:

I think MI should go aggressive at auction and get 6 good player in 19 crores and fill remaining slots by signing unsold overseas and domestic players for their base price
Teams with large difference in salaries between select few and most of the squad are going to self-distrust by ill-feelings and bad team spirit , in my humble opinion.:finger: Regarding Dhoni , he has a habit of taking the match upto last overs .You are mixing up his ODI prowess,where he is rightly the best ODI batsman, with T20 where he does not have an interntional T20 fifty for many years now .. Also , can't believe that you would say that Alex Hales,World no.1 T20 batsman , will not get a high bid PROVIDED he is available for full-season , which he should as he is not part of England Test or ODI teams.

Teams with large difference in salaries between select few and most of the squad are going to self-distrust by ill-feelings and bad team spirit , in my humble opinion.:finger: Regarding Dhoni , he has a habit of taking the match upto last overs .You are mixing up his ODI prowess,where he is rightly the best ODI batsman, with T20 where he does not have an interntional T20 fifty for many years now .. Also , can't believe that you would say that Alex Hales,World no.1 T20 batsman , will not get a high bid PROVIDED he is available for full-season , which he should as he is not part of England Test or ODI teams.
large salary difference is not new, every team had that structure from first season and this will continue in future as well. Big players would get large salaries and less for unknown faces. average salary structure isn't possible as this is money making league so franchises need some big names instead they are playing big to some player and adjusting by paying less to some players. if we are talking about ipl then why are you asking about IT20 50 of dhoni? look at his ipl record. he is in list of top run scorers, best averages, top 50's , most sixe. his keeping record also is good plus he is best ipl kaptaan. I am agreed with rkt's idea of eying some particular players and not to run behind every player. all team management's should do that including DD. Hales may not get big money like warner or kp. he is good t20 player and i want to see him playing in ipl for any team.

large salary difference is not new, every team had that structure from first season and this will continue in future as well. Big players would get large salaries and less for unknown faces. average salary structure isn't possible as this is money making league so franchises need some big names instead they are playing big to some player and adjusting by paying less to some players. if we are talking about ipl then why are you asking about IT20 50 of dhoni? look at his ipl record. he is in list of top run scorers, best averages, top 50's , most sixe. his keeping record also is good plus he is best ipl kaptaan. I am agreed with rkt's idea of eying some particular players and not to run behind every player. all team management's should do that including DD. Hales may not get big money like warner or kp. he is good t20 player and i want to see him playing in ipl for any team.
tl;dr :beee:

Mitchell Johnson still on Mumbai Indians' radar http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/ipl/news/Mitchell-Johnson-still-on-Mumbai-Indians-radar/articleshow/29019294.cms NEW DELHI: It's being discussed at various levels in the IPL that Mitchell Johnson could strike it rich at the February auction. But whether his last year's team -- Mumbai Indians -- would buy him back during auction is the big question. The Mukesh Ambani-owned franchisee had a choice between Johnson and Sri Lanka's Lasith Malinga to retain in their team, but the team management went for the latter. Will they bargain for Johnson now at the auction by using their one and only right-to-match option? It's emerging that Mumbai's top choice of retaining one more player through auction is, of course, Johnson, but both West Indies all-rounder Dwayne Smith and India's Dinesh Karthik figure in their wish-list. "The general trend is to ensure that the team would retain last year's winning team," an insider told TOI on Friday. But if teams would bargain hard for Johnson, Mumbai may find it tough to retain the Aussie pacer. That is because they have a small purse of Rs 21 crore. Already, Mumbai have exhausted Rs 39 crore out of Rs 60 crore by retaining five of their cricketers.

Sunrisers Hyderabad may look to buy back Quinton de Kock, Darren Sammy http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/ipl/news/Sunrisers-Hyderabad-may-look-to-buy-back-Quinton-de-Kock-Darren-Sammy/articleshow/28955367.cms Sunrisers Hyderabad have retained two of their top cricketer - Shikhar Dhawan and Dale Steyn — and now they may be eyeing the man in form Quinton de Kock as well as West Indies all-rounder Darren Sammy at the IPL auction. Sources insisted that leg-spinner Amit Mishra is also in contention as he has Australian coach Tom Moody's backing. But the team owners may be tempted to use their two 'right-to-match' options on Kock and Sammy. This year, Kock is also one of the top draws at the February auction after his superlative batting display against Team India in the three-match ODI series in South Africa last December. Last year, the wicketkeeper-batsman, Kock, played three matches for Sunrisers without much success with Parthiv Patel mostly donning the keeper's gloves. Interestingly, Sunrisers had another keeper-cum batsman in Sri Lanka's Kumar Sangakkara, who also captained the side before passing the baton to Australia's Cameron White. "Ultimately, it all depends on the day of the auction and what order the players come under the hammer. But the Sunrisers certainly have their plans in place," a source said. Sunrisers, who played their first season of the IPL and did reasonably well to reach the knock-out stage, may also look to purchase some of their domestic stars from last year's line-up.

Daredevils may use their three right-to-match options http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/ipl/news/Daredevils-may-use-their-three-right-to-match-options/articleshow/29068863.cms The Delhi Daredevils may not have retained any player from their last year's team, but they may use three of their right-to-match options at next month's auction to buy back some of their star performers. Sources said three out of four Daredevils cricketers, David Warner, Kevin Pietersen, Virender Sehwag and Umesh Yadav, could be bought back. It appears Warner is at the top of this heap because of his superlative form in recent weeks. Even Pietersen, who is available for only five of the eight weeks of the tournament as he would be on national duty for England, is still in demand because of the dominant way he bats in the shortest format of the game. Among the batsmen from last year's team, Delhi won't mind if Sehwag is also bought back at the auction on insistence of coach Gary Kirsten. There are other teams also eyeing the former India opener, but the first right of refusal rests with Daredevils. Lastly, even Umesh is in good books. The Nagpur-based medium pacer may be in and out of the national team, but his image in IPL remains rock solid. Warner and KP :dance::dance: happy to hear that

I would say retain warner KP ,Yadav and aaron sent from dil se
I think getting kp will be though for DD as he is one of the most loved T20 and IPL player and he can attract many sponsors towards his franchisee so he is definitely getting 10 crore plus. I think DD, KKR, RCB, SRH, KXIP should try to get him in their teams. he is one man army if he is in form :giggle: I don't mind if he plays for MI :dance: vayu do you supports DD?

CSK needs to get Hussey. Sehwag can be a fun addition if he can be picked up for cheap. We also need good bowlers - MJ would be the best available altho MI will match.
Read somewhere that they want Faf as Hussey is already 37 or 38 so he won't be playing for a long time that was the reason he was not retained.

i think KXIP SHD GO FOR MIKE HUSSEY OR DWAYNE SMITH TO GET A GOOD GILLY REPLACEMENT!!! ALSO BRING IN DAVID HUSSEY THROUGH RTM...!!! THEN GET A GOOD FAST BWLER MAYBE JOHNSON OR MORNE MORKEL
I think they should bring back Marsh instead of David Hussey. need a keeper.maybe Haddin or De Kock fast bowlers there are enough options like Broad,Parnell,Boult even if we dont get MJ