Rohit Sharma is sucking the momentum out of India

G_B_

SRT has a higher strike rate than RS. RS has a strike rate before 80 thats just abysmal in todays era.
Dude u thought I was serious comparing srt to rohit. I am pretty much summing up the point of this thread.criticise rohit fair enough but blaming him for some brain dead cricket from others is not fair

^why can't others back them up to cover for their Sr same way rohit does....just because rohit is blocking doesnt give a batsman to play brainless shots....play the ball on merit....simple as that....sure that's what players try to do where as we try to search for other external reasons for failures

Last match when we had good opening partnership. Virat came and played 2 maidens and Rohit got out in between' date=' did anyone blame Virat for Rohit's poor shot ?[/quote'] No, because Virat played 2 guns knocks prior to those maiden whereas Rohit hadn't done anything in his last 8 innings.
Dude u thought I was serious comparing srt to rohit. I am pretty much summing up the point of this thread.criticise rohit fair enough but blaming him for some brain dead cricket from others is not fair
^why can't others back them up to cover for their Sr same way rohit does....just because rohit is blocking doesnt give a batsman to play brainless shots....play the ball on merit....simple as that....sure that's what players try to do where as we try to search for other external reasons for failures
why are you replying to yourself ??? :dontknow:
Last match when we had good opening partnership. Virat came and played 2 maidens and Rohit got out in between' date=' did anyone blame Virat for Rohit's poor shot ?[/quote'] kohli has got reputation.. even if he playes 4 maidens , he can compensate it later.. nohit will bottle it 99 out of 100 times
No' date=' because Virat played 2 guns knocks prior to those maiden whereas Rohit hadn't done anything in his last 8 innings.[/quote'] Or probably it wasn't a big deal. Rohit's bad shot was Rohit's fault. Same holds true for Virat. While I agree that Rohit needs to work on strike rotation, the hatred for Rohit Sharma makes people blind here. How can you blame others dismissals on him. Its fecking ridiculous.
Last match when we had good opening partnership. Virat came and played 2 maidens and Rohit got out in between' date=' did anyone blame Virat for Rohit's poor shot ?[/quote'] Virat has played two dozen brilliant innings and he has the luxury of playing according to the situation. Meanwhile Rohit is a certified FTB and he has much to prove outside India and he can't afford to play the way he did.
Virat has played two dozen brilliant innings and he has the luxury of playing according to the situation. Meanwhile Rohit is a certified FTB and he has much to prove outside India and he can't afford to play the way he did.
Sure but my point was when Rohit got out in that match, everyone just said it was a poor shot from the hack/ftb/crap batsman etc., nobody said its not his fault today, Virat playing 2 maidens put pressure on him. So it should be the same way for other batsmen, their own poor shots got them out. Besides Rohit has some great innings in our big series victories out of SC which Virat cant claim. CB series/CT 2013 etc etc. :winky:
Sure but my point was when Rohit got out in that match, everyone just said it was a poor shot from the hack/ftb/crap batsman etc., nobody said its not his fault today, Virat playing 2 maidens put pressure on him. So it should be the same way for other batsmen, their own poor shots got them out. Besides Rohit has some great innings in our big series victories out of SC which Virat cant claim. CB series/CT 2013 etc etc. :winky:
If it wasn't for Dhawan, we would have had similar starts in CT. When you score 2 runs in 23 balls while chasing 6 RPO, the pressure obviously gets to the other batsman. Check out the start NZ got. Despite losing wickets early on, they capitalized on it. Usually, Williamson and Taylor took some time in the middle order due the cushion provided by Ryder & Guptil. Whereas it's the opposite for us. When we lose our openers, we would be crawling at 3 RPO and the two new batsman would have to compensate on that poor start by trying to score quick in the middle overs. I am not drawing any comparsions here but an example is that of Sehwag in the WC SF. He played a short blitz and at the other end, when he got the strike, Sachin wasn't blocking and leaving every ball. He was taking singles and scoring boundaries when he had the chance. No one is suggesting Rohit needs to be dropped but demoted down the order. He is so not our opener overseas.