Asia Cup 2014

StriKe

If Rohit sharma cane be given infinite number of chances why not others .. unne kya bigara hai .
That is a generic statement we make when we talk about dumping players. Just because we made that mistake with Rohit, we don't have to continue the same mistake with every crappy player out there.

Bhuvi's bowling avg is 75 in 16 matches with just 10 wickets. With just one strike bowler in 3 pacers you can't win matches. His best bowling figures are 56/2. His economy rate is although fine, but he mostly bowls with the new ball where batsmen try to see him off. Some people may say he is a handy batsman but in this period his batting average is 8.5. In the same period Shami has averaged 24. :omg: I don't think he is bowling that badly, even yesterday he had 2 LBWs denied. But wickets are not coming his way and he needs to address this problem.

Raina is a hack. You are missing your regular skipper.
No, we are not missing regular skipper but regular WK/batsman at 6 who could turn the game on his own. You cannot fill the big void of one of the best ODI batsmen ever. He is 25% of our batting.
It takes years of experience and hours of practice to become a good death bowler. IN this team, due to Dhoni, we do not have that practice mentality. We usually have options practice sessions because Dhoni does not believe in practice during a series. Neither Shami or Yadav will start bowling yorkers overnight neither did Malinga do it. We need to identify bowlers who have the action to do that. Shami I doubt can become that guy because of some issues in his action. When everything in his comes right he bowls very well but sometimes he drops his left hand too early and loses balance at the delivery stride. Yadav has same issues sometimes. Only 2 bowlers in India I have seen bowling good yorkers are Abu Nechim who has a round arm action and can bowl at a decent clip like Shami and Aaron. Even in last ODI in NZ, Aaron had bowled some good fast yorkers in batting PP and slog overs and had only conceded 25 in those 24 balls with a wicket.
From another thread.
Bhuvi's bowling avg is 75 in 16 matches with just 10 wickets. With just one strike bowler in 3 pacers you can't win matches. His best bowling figures are 56/2. His economy rate is although fine, but he mostly bowls with the new ball where batsmen try to see him off. Some people may say he is a handy batsman but in this period his batting average is 8.5. In the same period Shami has averaged 24. :omg: I don't think he is bowling that badly, even yesterday he had 2 LBWs denied. But wickets are not coming his way and he needs to address this problem.
BK is not bowling to take wickets but to contain that is why he has a good ER. Shami bowls to take wickets aggressively but has been expensive.
Raina is rubbish overseas and walking wicket overseas. Sorry sick of players who can only deliver in indian subcontinent. need to pick players who can deliver home and away in all formats. Also with next world cup in oz on bouncy tracks then sorry raina being in odi team is a no
That's true as well I suppose little chance of Raina scoring against Aus in Aus, Clarke would bring in MJ immediately. Need a hitter/finisher though as well so tough situation for selectors.