Delhi Daredevils -IPL 2014 Official thread

Switchblade

On Tuesday, a select audience in the capital will interact with Pietersen at the latest edition of Express Adda, the first foreign cricketer to grace the event. Pietersen will be in conversation with The Indian Express Editor-in-Chief Shekhar Gupta. The 33-year-old will talk about what makes him click as a match-winner across all formats, and his plans for the Daredevils this season. :two_thumbs_up:

On Tuesday' date= a select audience in the capital will interact with Pietersen at the latest edition of Express Adda, the first foreign cricketer to grace the event. Pietersen will be in conversation with The Indian Express Editor-in-Chief Shekhar Gupta. The 33-year-old will talk about what makes him click as a match-winner across all formats, and his plans for the Daredevils this season. :two_thumbs_up:
:two_thumbs_up: Dil Dil D D

On Tuesday' date= a select audience in the capital will interact with Pietersen at the latest edition of Express Adda, the first foreign cricketer to grace the event. Pietersen will be in conversation with The Indian Express Editor-in-Chief Shekhar Gupta. The 33-year-old will talk about what makes him click as a match-winner across all formats, and his plans for the Daredevils this season. :two_thumbs_up:
they shld ask him more about what happened in the english dressing room :--D

IPL for me is just about expressing myself, says Dinesh Karthik http://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/ipl-for-me-is-just-about-expressing-myself-says-dinesh-karthik/

“Of course, there will be pressure. When a corporate invests in you, they have high expectations. But money is not the only issue here. As a professional, you are expected to give your best for the team irrespective of you getting more money or less,
“To be honest, I have not worked on anything specific. It would also be tough to gauge my form with the way I played in the domestic T20s (Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy) as IPL will be a different ball game,” said the 28-year-old.
The all new Daredevils squad starts training Wednesday and like other sides, doesn’t have much time to work on the team chemistry.
“It would be too premature to say anything on the team. I will only get to meet the coach (Gary Kirsten) and others in the camp. We have a good-all round team with some explosive international players but there are a whole lot of factors that determine success.
“Personally, I would like to take it match by match and see how it goes,” said the Chennai-based cricketer adding Pietersen and Taylor’s presence was a big boost to the franchise.
“We might not have a lot of India players in the team but in the spin department, both Rahul and Nadeem have proved themselves in the past IPL editions.”
“IPL for me is just about expressing myself. If I do well, the future will take care of itself,” he summed up.

Not eyeing IPL 7 to prove critics wrong, says Pietersen http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/ipl/news/Not-eyeing-IPL-7-to-prove-critics-wrong-says-Pietersen/articleshow/33459632.cms

"The break away from cricket has been fantastic and I'm really looking forward to playing in the IPL. What transpired in March has nothing to do with what I'm about to do now. I'm not out here to make any point and neither do I play cricket for that reason," he said at a media interaction here.
"I find the opportunity of again playing in the IPL really nice especially because I missed the last season due to injury and also due to the fact that I absolutely love the competition. I've played in every part of the world and after playing for almost a decade, I don't think I need to prove anything to anyone," added Pietersen, who will lead Delhi Daredevils in the seventh season of IPL.
"We're bringing together a talented side. It comprises a good blend of experience and youth - all international, Indian and domestic players. The most important task is to make everyone feel like it's their own team," Pietersen said.
"According to me, the key to success this time around would be to make sure that the management, the captain and the coach understands each player and let every single individual be themselves. Also, the idea will be to train well in whatever way we can and try to perform to the best of our abilities."
"I flew to Cape Town a couple of weeks ago to meet Gary and we went through the whole schedule. We both synced on many levels and our ambition is to get every player to be at their best," he said.
"Both him and I are aware that some players will do well and some won't. But that's understandable in this format. So if we have a few players not performing well, the others will and we're looking forward to it and grooming them in the best possible way," Pietersen said.
"Once we reach Dubai on Saturday, we have a good three or four days during which we will play a few practice matches in order to help us get into the groove. I think this would give us a nice little opportunity to build a team together over the next 10 days and then set a platform from where we can proceed further," he said.
"Dubai is fairly similar but the wicket in Abu Dhabi tends to be slow and low. I've played on that wicket a few times and it's a bit tricky," he said.
"In terms of conditions, Abu Dhabi is totally different from Dubai. Although I haven't played in Sharjah but Mushi (Mushtaq Ahmed) says it's the flattest wicket in the world. Hence, our batsmen will fancy their chances; can't say the same for the bowlers though."