Who would prefer as test captain?

zep1706

Who would prefer as test captain?  

1. 1.

• Kohli
    • Pujara
    • Other (mention who)

I say give test captaincy to Rohit Sharma. I know his place is not certain but the added responsibility might just make him dig in harder and cut out those loose shots. Pujara and Kohli can bat without any added pressure as they are our best batsmen and Sharma is not contributing much anyway, so even if he doesnt do much we don't have a lot to lose but I get the feeling its worth taking the gamble and he may do well. Its important in tests that some changes are made to arrest the slide.

When did avging above 50 become a criterion for choosing a captain?
It didnt. But a guy who is likely to average 50 in tests, in a weak and new batting lineup, does not deserve to be given the responsibility of captaincy. thats all your eggs in one basket. if kohli pulls a tendulkar with the captaincy ( or ganguly, azhar, etc), then we get a mediocre batsman, which is far less useful to the team. a good captain and mediocre batting kohli is worth far less to indian team than a no captain, great batting kohli.
To your of point of risking kohl and pujara.
individuals do matter in team sports, in the sense that it is foolish for a team to risk its greatest indiviual assets to a scenario that runs a high risk of them being mediocre. a team that deliberately handicaps its best players, is not going to perform well in any team sport, since the team is ultimately a coordinated effort between individuals. worsening the individual does automatically make the team worse.
It didnt. But a guy who is likely to average 50 in tests' date=' in a weak and new batting lineup, does not deserve to be given the responsibility of captaincy. thats all your eggs in one basket. if kohli pulls a tendulkar with the captaincy ( or ganguly, azhar, etc), then we get a mediocre batsman, which is far less useful to the team. a good captain and mediocre batting kohli is worth far less to indian team than a no captain, great batting kohli.[/quote'] Dhonis averages about 2 outside India but that's ok, keep him as skipper????:hysterical: CSK boys just make it up as they go along Stone the mofos hosue with srinis. Greedy ****ers milking India for every rupee in their corruption. Let them pay out for repairs the frigging a holes
Dhonis averages about 2 outside India but that's ok, keep him as skipper????:hysterical: CSK boys just make it up as they go along Stone the mofos hosue with srinis. Greedy ****ers milking India for every rupee in their corruption. Let them pay out for repairs the frigging a holes
inciting criminal behaviour over the internet is a crime. please be aware of that. dhoni stays skipper because there is no other choice currently.
It didnt. But a guy who is likely to average 50 in tests' date=' in a weak and new batting lineup, does not deserve to be given the responsibility of captaincy. thats all your eggs in one basket. if kohli pulls a tendulkar with the captaincy ( or ganguly, azhar, etc), then we get a mediocre batsman, which is far less useful to the team. a good captain and mediocre batting kohli is worth far less to indian team than a no captain, great batting kohli.[/quote'] If you are looking at the poll results & commenting on Kohli as the captain, Kohli has relished additional responsibility.. based on the limited instances I have seen in IPL & U-19, he has done well as a batsman. May not be a bad idea to try him. At the moment, anybody other than Dhoni seems a sensible choice. ps:I would go the Aussie way. Select the team first & name a person in the X1 as the captain.

leading U-19 and IPL is nowhere the same pressure as being long term captain of team india. its a very demanding job, everyone who's done so says so. no need to derail kohli when he is still establishing himself in the lineup of young talents. this is not 5 years ago with maharaathi batsmen in the side that could carry the batting load, for kohli or dhoni to be not under tremendous pressure to perform. kohli now is taking on some of tendulkar's career trajectory, in the sense that he is one of only two reliable batsmen in the team. to add captaincy to that, is madness IMO.

oh and if we went the aussie way, we'd have a veteran fc player in the mix at all time when openings crop up. aussies believe in developing their talent and giving people who are top rate performers in FC Cricket for 5-10 years their shot. we consider them over the hill, we have this amatuer-era fantasy of finding a 19 year old who will blow everyone away, keep blowing them away with bat or ball or both all the way till he is 35/36 and then retire.

leading U-19 and IPL is nowhere the same pressure as being long term captain of team india. its a very demanding job, everyone who's done so says so. no need to derail kohli when he is still establishing himself in the lineup of young talents. this is not 5 years ago with maharaathi batsmen in the side that could carry the batting load, for kohli or dhoni to be not under tremendous pressure to perform. kohli now is taking on some of tendulkar's career trajectory, in the sense that he is one of only two reliable batsmen in the team. to add captaincy to that, is madness IMO.
I did says "limited instance in IPL & U-19"... so why not try Kohli for some minor ODI series & rest Dhoni. Unfortunately our selectors are constrained by the form of seniors like Sehwag/Gambhir/Zak & from that remote control in Chennai.
inciting criminal behaviour over the internet is a crime. please be aware of that. dhoni stays skipper because there is no other choice currently.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh scared I tell you see dhoni walking down street will punch him right on nose! Now get me arrested:finger:
individuals do matter in team sports, in the sense that it is foolish for a team to risk its greatest indiviual assets to a scenario that runs a high risk of them being mediocre. a team that deliberately handicaps its best players, is not going to perform well in any team sport, since the team is ultimately a coordinated effort between individuals. worsening the individual does automatically make the team worse.
Its does not matter ,we are losing now with them scoring centuries .It cannot get worse for them.The probability of the them losing it all due to captaincy is not high.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh scared I tell you see dhoni walking down street will punch him right on nose! Now get me arrested:finger:
i wont but someone might. especially if there is arson, its easy to prove incitement of arson over the internet. do read up. you are a hot-head who makes hot-headed statements but the internet is not what it used to be.
What no alterantive to someone who loses every game and who picks 120 bowlers.:hysterical: O come on!! A trained monkey could do better! Also at least the monkey would want india to do his best and will give his all
there is no other option than Dhoni for another couple of years, till one of the new crop of batsmen are settled enough to take on the reigns. thats the reality of the situation.
Its does not matter ' date='we are losing now with them scoring centuries .It cannot get worse for them.The probability of the them losing it all due to captaincy is not high.[/quote'] we lose even more and with even greater certainty if our most reliable batsman overseas currently turns into a lemon. It is a high risk of happening, since there hasn't been a SINGLE Indian captain, except Dhoni, who's performances have not started plumeting since the new media age of interviews, money and pulled in ten different directions due to PR commitments. Azhar, Tendulkar, Dravid, Kumble, Ganguly- all suffered lowered returns as captain but had other memebers in the team-established and poised to carry the performance burden. Kohli is in the same boat as Tendy in the mid 90s. If he fails, India fails. Too much to risk at the moment with him as captain.
I say give test captaincy to Rohit Sharma. I know his place is not certain but the added responsibility might just make him dig in harder and cut out those loose shots. Pujara and Kohli can bat without any added pressure as they are our best batsmen and Sharma is not contributing much anyway, so even if he doesnt do much we don't have a lot to lose but I get the feeling its worth taking the gamble and he may do well. Its important in tests that some changes are made to arrest the slide.
Not at all wise to give captaincy to a player who is on verge of being dropped. Making him captain will cause problems in a way that we will waste one place in squad just because someone is captain.
we lose even more and with even greater certainty if our most reliable batsman overseas currently turns into a lemon. It is a high risk of happening, since there hasn't been a SINGLE Indian captain, except Dhoni, who's performances have not started plumeting since the new media age of interviews, money and pulled in ten different directions due to PR commitments. Azhar, Tendulkar, Dravid, Kumble, Ganguly- all suffered lowered returns as captain but had other memebers in the team-established and poised to carry the performance burden. Kohli is in the same boat as Tendy in the mid 90s. If he fails, India fails. Too much to risk at the moment with him as captain.
We are lost 10 out of last 12 tests away and I do not think any new captain will do any worse. Even if kohl/pujara score runs we are not winning.Many players perform well under captaincy and Kohli seems one who relishes responsibility and is well established now in all formats.Its better to give captaincy to an inform player than wait for him to lose it.