Brett Lee rates Tendulkar above Lara

sachin gets more weight-age for his consistency .. if we consider the peak ' date=' there are many who r better than sachin[/quote'] Jim Courier at his peak which lasted a couple of years was brilliant on all surfaces but Sampras was consistent even though he sucked on Clay courts for a looooong time....sampras is an ATG and Courier is a footnote....SO the peak argument holds no value
sachin gets more weight-age for his consistency .. if we consider the peak ' date=' there are many who r better than sachin[/quote'] Lol, nope, experts don't sit on cricinfo and pull up stats First of all, it is clear you have no idea about how destructive and entertaining Sachin was in his prime. He was one of the greatest entertainer And no, he gained most of these opinions before he showed consistency for a long run or broke a single record. What he does not have is a huge score in test or 900 ranking points. But in the 90s, he was way, way ahead of any competition and was one of the most prolific scorers
i saw few old threads here .. like how sachin is better than bradman or why sachin shoudl be given more weight because he carried more expectations from billions of fans which other players didnt carry :giggle: obviously in ICF , 8/10 are scahin fans and i wont be surprised if a poll picks sachin is a better tennis player than federer :giggle: but i know i neutral forums , you got pawned again n again , n again n again :king: Note:- I love sachin but i love sachinstas more . I have more serious complaints about sachin than whether he is the 2nd best or not.
I am not talking about any polls. I am talking about threads were these so called theories of being or not being a match winner, etc were blown to bits many times
Jim Courier at his peak which lasted a couple of years was brilliant on all surfaces but Sampras was consistent even though he sucked on Clay courts for a looooong time....sampras is an ATG and Courier is a footnote....SO the peak argument holds no value
Nope, Mohammed yousuf is way ahead of any of Lara, Richards, Sachin based on peaks :giggle:
Now When SRT fails in a losing cause-It is SRT chokes under pressure and not a big game player. When SRT does not perform in a winning cause-India have 100's of match winners at their disposal and SRT is just a useless bandwagonner. In the last 2 posts I must have summarised Velus and Yodaesqueji's cricketing philosophy Lol
problem is nobody is complaining about his greatness .. but when he is compared with other players of similar caliber other facts pops out.. like i said .. if we go for longevity , sachin is light years ahead.. consistency , again sachin wins.. but f we go for match winning ability , hek even KP played more memorable knocks that sachin
I think we should have a thread on "Who is the greatest poster on this forum?". We can have statistics, posts from different threads etc. :woot: Contenders MTC The Outsider Bossbhai Mariyam (Women's quota pick)
I am one of the 9 or 10 guys who visit Nerd Talk brah ,among all posters and lurkers on ICF....I got your back :two_thumbs_up:
I am not talking about any polls. I am talking about threads were these so called theories of being or not being a match winner' date=' etc were blown to bits many times[/quote'] i didnt mean only polls .. no one denies his mtach winning ability .. but when compared with others, there are few who are better than him

Sachin himself says that Gavaskar and Richards are his idols. :dontknow:

This is another silly debate. SRT and BCL are both legends. If you ask 10 bowlers, it'll be a 5/5 split as to who was ever so slightly better. For me: SRT was more consistent, BCL has higher peaks. It balances out.
++
tendulkars legacy was built on ODI heroics .. hardly he won matches for us in tests esp in away matches Note:- i presented the proof for my above point with stats years before , but the targeted audience is yet to counter it :giggle:
that is so wrong..tendulkar was a master in the test arena,just watch some of his innings on difficult pitches to know more about him..its not just the runs he scored or the fluency in those knocks but also the way he negotiated the threatening deliveries,putting away good balls to the fence and playing with the bowlers mind etc which made him look better than anyone.. he is probably one of those batsmen who'll give u the pleasure of risk free innings and dominating attacks on helpful pitches.. 92 in bridgetown,114(92)&70(2008) odd in perth,100 in mcg,140 odd against the best in cape town,136 in chennai,100 at old trafford are some of his magnificent knocks to begin with.the list is too long
that is so wrong..tendulkar was a master in the test arena,just watch some of his innings on difficult pitches to know more about him..its not just the runs he scored or the fluency in those knocks but also the way he negotiated the threatening deliveries,putting away good balls to the fence and playing with the bowlers mind etc which made him look better than anyone.. he is probably one of those batsmen who'll give u the pleasure of risk free innings and dominating attacks on helpful pitches.. 92 in bridgetown,114(92)&70(2008) odd in perth,100 in mcg,140 odd against the best in cape town,136 in chennai,100 at old trafford are some of his magnificent knocks to begin with.the list is too long
for a career spanning 22+ years, the returns are not too many