I want Pak to win 3-0 and 5-0.

jf1gp_1

And I think I know why .... You have this tendency to cry hoarse on such issues ... and will be the first to hit the exit when confronted with facts ... if you want to be taken seriously atleast have the moral fortitude to stand the cross questioning else you are nothing but a hypocrite.
huh? - I am not crying hoarse about anthing. . It's not my fault to see a simple request that way. - The religion issue was discussed in one of the threads in detail. You gave me the link to that freedom site and i went over almost all the points. Then the Dada rocks issue was also discussed in one of the threads too. So just because i don't want to say any more about these issues it doesn't give you the right to call me a hypocrite.
Yes there is a need .... most here dont accord the same courtesy to any other guys religious sensitivites on similar matters ... You should be treated no differently ... and yes it does highlight your tendency to look at everything in life through your religions glassses which pretty much is the root cause for why your religion gets criticized by everybody.
So give them the same courtesy...have i ever said this right only belongs to me? I advice that you take a step back and look at this particular situation objectively and see how you have overreacted.

The politely asks for a bit of respect, in the most non-confrontational way possible, and this is what he gets. As for the name thing....that's one of the things that really bothers me about ICF. I hate the practice of corrupting people's names. I dunno, whatever. You wanna call Afridi a retard, Akhtar a chucker, whatever, but I find corrupting names to be shallow. cents>

The politely asks for a bit of respect, in the most non-confrontational way possible, and this is what he gets. As for the name thing....that's one of the things that really bothers me about ICF. I hate the practice of corrupting people's names. I dunno, whatever. You wanna call Afridi a retard, Akhtar a chucker, whatever, but I find corrupting names to be shallow. cents>

Shallow people love to show off. “Look at me, how fair am I.†But what do they have to show? Skin, fat, bones, puss and hair. Big deal. Bad deal. Bad for them, and bad for those who watch the show.

The Paks are going to get whipped 4-1 in the ODIs and 2-0 in the tests if they're lucky. They seriously need to develop some consistency within the team and take advantage of good starts and winning positions rather than choking at every conceivable opportunity.

MP...may be you should make such requests by PM. We (most of us)view religion differently . Probably most names will have some religious basis to it. My name is Radhika. A much revered name for hindus...but here it just means my name. I personally would not feel offended if some one currupts my name as long as it is not some thing obscene to me. Most muslim names also must have some religious basis to them. If someone calls razzaq something that coruppts the name...it is just a curruption of the cricketers name...not the religious reason behind it. This is the way most people here probably feel about the issue and hence may find your request unnecessary or even an over reaction. My 2 cents. Don't mean to offend you or any one else.

MP...may be you should make such requests by PM. We (most of us)view religion differently . Probably most names will have some religious basis to it. My name is Radhika. A much revered name for hindus...but here it just means my name. I personally would not feel offended if some one currupts my name as long as it is not some thing obscene to me. Most muslim names also must have some religious basis to them. If someone calls razzaq something that coruppts the name...it is just a curruption of the cricketers name...not the religious reason behind it. This is the way most people here probably feel about the issue and hence may find your request unnecessary or even an over reaction. My 2 cents. Don't mean to offend you or any one else.
This is a good post. If Boss Bhai had stated it in above terms, then it is not offensive to MP, IMO. However, BB does a whole rant at MP! Why!? (i can sure feel burning past history there or maybe a general hatred towards Pakistanis! - just my guess, since i dont know all his past posts)
Finey , No rant want ... just some straight talking based on past experiences in dealing with such issues ... I am not into this business of beating around the bush and makkhan lagoing .... And this is not the first time that MP has raised such issues ... needless to say every single time ... he hits the exit door after 2 or 3 rounds of cross questioning ... maybe you should ask him why. This is a Indian Forum ... we operate in our own ways ... and our way of life and operation supersedes any of his religious sensitivities ... Else the next thing you know if is going to demand his players name be written in Arabic and that we sanitize our keyboards before we type those names.
Example of an Indian's arrogance and hubris over his perceived superiority. I'm glad all others doesn't feel your way in this forum!

MP asking posters to not twist sensitive names is purely a matter of courtersy/sensitivity. BB's assertions on MP's motives or the way this freedom works is an entirely a different issue. I am pretty sure BB will never completely understand what MP is saying , nor will MP ever want to prolong the debate along the lines BB wants. Essentially , we have two guys who are looking at this issue from completely different perspectives trying to eek out a debate. We all know what can happen then. Lets get back to the cricket. There isnt even an issue here. But bottom line, If MP finds twisting of certain names a bit putting -off , his request has to be acceded to, no questions asked.

MP...may be you should make such requests by PM. .
i agree that was my mistake. Real shame that it turned in to such a big issue.
MP asking posters to not twist sensitive names is purely a matter of courtersy/sensitivity. BB's assertions on MP's motives or the way this freedom works is an entirely a different issue. I am pretty sure BB will never completely understand what MP is saying , nor will MP ever want to prolong the debate along the lines BB wants. Essentially , we have two guys who are looking at this issue from completely different perspectives trying to eek out a debate. We all know what can happen then. Lets get back to the cricket. There isnt even an issue here. But bottom line, If MP finds twisting of certain names a bit putting -off , his request has to be acceded to, no questions asked.
Yes- please!!