pakistan, what chokers

jukkha

Let's all laugh at Pakistan...AGAIN :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Last six wickets for 20 runs :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Throwing away a 2-1 lead to lose 2-3 :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Being the biggest CHOKERS in world cricket :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Now THAT is what I call a choke. Exactly the type of thing that make me hate it when people use the word "choke" too often because it deemphasizes it when it really happens. What happened at the end is the type of thing you remember whenever you are chasing and it looks like you are home but you still can't help but feel nervous. Every once in a while things do go wrong and there's no stopping it. After the initial disappointment died down, there were two things there were 3 things that stayed with me: 1. It's plainly obvious to the cricketing world (including, most importantly, India) that Pakistan live and die by Mohammad Yousuf. So much so that him simply making a good contribution isn't enough. He HAS to be the one who wins it for us. It doesn't matter how well your bowlers perform (and they've been doing so consistently), if Yousuf doesn't score big, it won't look good. 2. Say what you want about doom and gloom and Pakistani batting, but wasn't this to be expected? Did people really think Inzamam would leave the ODI team and it wouldn't make a difference? Did people not believe that there would a transition phase, where the batsman that weren't relied upon before are relied upon now and will need time to get used to that? You can't just lose a great pressure batsman like Inzamam and not expect to have some growing pains once he's gone. 3. This needs to be taken as a learning experience. Geoff Lawson needs to make it clear to the team that they screwed up. BUT, that's cricket. It happens. No need to pretend like it's ok (because it isn't), but use the experience positively.

kabloee, what do you think of Shoaib Akhtar ? What is the sentiment like amongst pakistani fans re; his return to the side ? I reckon he should be the first name on the team sheet. He is easily Pakistan's best player and a proven match-winner. I'd much rather see Pakistan take the field against India without him on their side.

kabloee' date=' what do you think of Shoaib Akhtar ? What is the sentiment like amongst pakistani fans re; his return to the side ? I reckon he should be the first name on the team sheet. He is easily Pakistan's best player and a proven match-winner. I'd much rather see Pakistan take the field against India without him on their side.[/quote'] Simply put, I hate the fact that Shoaib Akhtar the person has to be in the Pakistani team. But love the fact that pakistan have Shoaib Akhtar the bowler at their disposal. Pakistan are a better team with him. Anyone who denies this is confused by all the external factors. That being said, there is no way in hell Shoaib will play all 5 ODIs vs. India and still be fit for the Test series. It's just not gonna happen. If it does, I'll be the first to acknowledge my incorrect statement.