Shastri bats for Sachin captaincy!!

Prudent

29_sp_shastri_4.jpgDubai: Former Indian allrounder and Test captain Ravi Shastri believes Sachin Tendulkar is the right man to lead the country because he "commands tremendous respect". Shastri, who is in Dubai as a guest of the HSBC Cricket Challenge, was reacting to reports that Tendulkar is set to replace Rahul Dravid as captain. "Tendulkar is the right choice. He is a certainty in the side and he commands tremendous respect from all the teammates," said Shastri, who is also the chairman of the National Cricket Academy. "He may not be a natural leader but, unlike when he previously led the country, he now has many experienced players around him." Shastri also felt it would be unfair to entrust Twenty20 and one-day captain M.S. Dhoni with the Test role. "To be a wicket keeper in a Test match, concentrating every ball over a period of five days is not easy," he said. "If he is given the responsibility of captaining the team as well, it will be a heavy burden on him." http://archive.gulfnews.com/articles/07/10/29/10163544.html

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !! Down down for Sachin's captaincy ! Say Sreesanth sprays the ball for 5 legs-side wides in the first ball of the Aussie series , all Sachin would do is walk up to him and tell in his squeaky voice " I would like to tell you that this is a really important series, we need to bat well , bowl well , field well. The whole nation is pinning its hopes on our back and we must not let our motherland down...... zzzzzzzzzzzzzz........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.... * After one hour later* " So that is why you need to bowl good length balls outside off-stump" While if the same thing happened when Dhoni was captain, He would finger Sreesanth towards him and tell him with a straight face " Now , bowl the fckin ball outside off-stump or i will eff you off in the A tour to Zimbabwe where you will get nothing but stale bread and cheese pizza to eat, have to buy petrol for 65,000 rupees/litre and have to listen to Mugabe's speeches all day along" Sachin is the ultimate version of the ultimate version of the ultimate politically correct guy on this planet. He is a master-batsman, but his captaincy is as good as Kris Sreekanth's Hindi , Rubbish.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !! Down down for Sachin's captaincy ! Say Sreesanth sprays the ball for 5 legs-side wides in the first ball of the Aussie series , all Sachin would do is walk up to him and tell in his squeaky voice " I would like to tell you that this is a really important series, we need to bat well , bowl well , field well. The whole nation is pinning its hopes on our back and we must not let our motherland down...... zzzzzzzzzzzzzz........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.... * After one hour later* " So that is why you need to bowl good length balls outside off-stump" While if the same thing happened when Dhoni was captain, He would finger Sreesanth towards him and tell him with a straight face " Now , bowl the fckin ball outside off-stump or i will eff you off in the A tour to Zimbabwe where you will get nothing but stale bread and cheese pizza to eat, have to buy petrol for 65,000 rupees/litre and have to listen to Mugabe's speeches all day along" Sachin is the ultimate version of the ultimate version of the ultimate politically correct guy on this planet. He is a master-batsman, but his captaincy is as good as Kris Sreekanth's Hindi , Rubbish.
u base this on the time when he was the only 'player' playing for india?... now he has good players around him..
All he needs to tell the team is. "I have 10 tests left. My legacy is in your hands." Sree will go mad. Tendu is his idol. He even uses an MRF bat because Sachin does :hysterical:
No u retard... he is sponsored by MRF cuz he's from Kerala just like the company :finger:

True. We just look at cricket as some politics. Punjab vs Karnataka vs MS. There is no place for such divide. SRT is too bigger to be brought down to such a level of reginal politics. He is too good of a player. We have habitt of talking ill about each and everyone in the team. We had dime a dozne criticizing Dravid for his captaincy. Now that he is gone, these folks are still not happy. Now will go after SRT and SG. This will never stop. These are bunch of impatient guys who think just by replacing someone they will start to get the results. As for Dhoni as a captain, we need to ensure that he does well in ODIs and become btter and stable batsman and then take over as a captain. The biggest mistake Dravid did was continued with VS when he should have been dropped long time ago. Now look what young guys are doing, they talk of dropping someone who just failed only 1 series. Imagine, if we start to do that with everyone. and I think we should apply same thing to SRT, SG, Yuv, VVS, Dhoni and ZK. They all should be treated equally. Drop them after a bad 6-7 games. Period. Give other guy a chance.

The Indian team is incapable of following two leaders. We have conflicts and groupism with one leader...you can imagine what will happen when we have two.It is specially ridiculous as both the people mentioned for the captaincy race are going to be in both teams.Infact the teams will have a lot of common members. Do you expect the captain of one team taking orders from the other team in the different formats? What if one captain has to take a difficult dicision regarding the other?

Doesn't matter.. He is still going to be a captain...:two_thumbs_up:. Beetle, I know how you must be feeling with this whole RD apisode. I feel exactly the same way. I wont question once if they drop , SRT and SG from ODI test both but the way they hurried things on RD was sickening to say the least. Anyways, very good points there Beetle. I think unless these two show lot of maturity and as a matter fact, the whole team has to come up to the next level of understanding the whole new style of Selection and all, otherwise we will suffer in the Test arena as well. Until now we just had trouble with ODIs and did reasonably okay in Test. But with this new setup, who knows where we will land up. Anyways, I hope for th best.

It doesn't just depend on the maturity of the two captains dial...it will depend on the maturity of the whole team.And expecting the entire team to be mature about is expecting too much . I don't see this working too well. I would rather see dhoni with Kartick sharing the keeping.

shastri is one of those guys who will always back whoever is in charge or is going to be in charge so that he can look like the guy calling all the shots.
His" putting his hand up" for the high pressure ,tough tour of Bangladesh strictly on a one tour basis speaks about his opportunism.