For Indian Cricket to improve learn from US Baseball

Midfielder

Pls stop claiming its impossible! Baseballers used to catch the ball without gloves in the past, people who used gloves initially were looked down upon. And there are instances when people have caught baseball without gloves. A lot of cricketers get injured taking catches and fielding balls, so it hurts lets make no mistake about it. And stop claiming the baseball will split your hand in two. Has this ever happened? Also, most of the baseball gloves is designed to pocket (as opposed to catch) the ball easily far exceeding the intention to be categorized as a protective gear. These guys will be grounding cricket balls because they aren't used to catching a hard ball with bare hands and take help of the mitts to pocket the ball rather than catch it. No I don't. They serve the purpose of protection. They are not intended to enhance your ability to score runs. As opposed to the the gloves they use in baseball, they are supposed to enhance you ability to catch. Also its legal to bowl at you in cricket, which is not in baseball that is why baseball batters don't need protective gear. And in the past cricketers didn't wear these protective gear just like baseballers of the past didn't use gloves. But the difference is gloves that baseballers use not only serves a protective purpose but also enhances their ability to steal balls.
Once again baseball is coming at you at much faster speed with a eight seam. It will split your hand in two. Injuries with baseball are pretty serious. Very few cricket balls are caught on drives. The only player who sees the max force of cricket ball is a wicketkeeper and guess what he has, lot of protection. It is the speed which determines it. I did not know it was legal to bowl at you in cricket. Is beamer not a no ball? In baseball a dugout fight will erupt if a ball is directed at a batter. It can kill.

Once again baseball is coming at you at much faster speed with a eight seam. It will split your hand in two. Injuries with baseball are pretty serious. Very few cricket balls are caught on drives. The only player who sees the max force of cricket ball is a wicketkeeper and guess what he has, lot of protection. It is the speed which determines it. I did not know it was legal to bowl at you in cricket. Is beamer not a no ball? In baseball a dugout fight will erupt if a ball is directed at a batter. It can kill.
You still haven't answered my question......Is it easier to hit a tundler like Binny or Bopara bowling at you at 70mph or a baseball equivalent pitching at you at 70 mph? criteria being no swing or any tricks.....just gun barell straight

You still haven't answered my question......Is it easier to hit a tundler like Binny or Bopara bowling at you at 70mph or a baseball equivalent pitching at you at 70 mph? criteria being no swing or any tricks.....just gun barell straight
It is harder to hit a baseball. Hitting a round ball with round object is the hardest thing to do.

Let me ask you this simple question. Let us say you are asked to pick one out of two choices at gun point 1) Allow a cricket ball to hit you flush at 100 mph 2) Allow a baseball to hit you flush at 100 mph which one you will pick.

It is harder to hit a baseball. Hitting a round ball with round object is the hardest thing to do.
As I said a gully cricketer like me could smack a 70 mph pitch,but I won't stand a chance against a tundler bowling at me at the same pace. Personally for me I could hit a ball thrown straight at me but judging a ball off the pitch is a bigger challenge. I don't know at what level you have played cricket but try it personally and then comeback and make a point.

Well.. apparently Maniac has hit 70 mph with ease.. now what? :winky:
I am not making this **** up man....go to any amusement park with mini-golf,batting cages etc-you know the type....try it yourself....unless you are athletically challenged hitting a 70 mph is fun and relatively easy.

I am not making this **** up man....go to any amusement park with mini-golf' date='batting cages etc-you know the type....try it yourself....unless you are athletically challenged hitting a 70 mph is fun and relatively easy.[/quote'] You are mistaken. I am agreeing with you. Don't mean to be racial. I am pretty sure Asians has better reflexes than Mexicans. Baseball is a power game. Just like every sports this also needs a bit practice. If you can generate bat speed boom you are set. It is all about bat speed, swing through the line. It is not like they connect every single ball. 90% they don't connect or don't middle it. Take a broom stick and try to hit a black pepper.. It is much harder.. That won't make it a better game :cantstop: . We cannot judge a sport based on how hard it is to touch. Football is huge . Even in cricket we say "he is seeing the ball like a football". Doesn't mean football is an easier game than baseball.

You are mistaken. I am agreeing with you. Don't mean to be racial. I am pretty sure Asians has better reflexes than Mexicans. Baseball is a power game. Just like every sports this also needs a bit practice. If you can generate bat speed boom you are set. It is all about bat speed, swing through the line. It is not like they connect every single ball. 90% they don't connect or don't middle it. Take a broom stick and try to hit a black pepper.. It is much harder.. That won't make it a better game :cantstop: . We cannot judge a sport based on how hard it is to touch. Football is huge . Even in cricket we say "he is seeing the ball like a football". Doesn't mean football is an easier game than baseball.
See I agreed with midfielder when he said there are aspects of Baseball that cricket can emulate afterall there are certain similarities and obviously innovation is encouraged in a modern sport like baseball than the more traditional game like cricket.Cricket has been traditionally opposed to change,hell lot of the guys here who are not even that old have refused to accept T20,there are still arguments about use of technology etc where as in baseball new things are embraced much more freely and here there is a definite scope for not just Indian cricket but cricket as a whole I only have a problem when the topic has become cricket vs baseball and we all have a strong opinion about which is better

Lol don't gang up on midfielder. guy is now posting same thing over and over. Baseball is pu$ cricket. Just like how american football is pu$ rugby.
He is not alone. There are quiet a few Indians that i personally know have adopted American sports as their main sports . That is their choice. Never questioned them. But in a cricket forum if they come up and try to justify their adopted sports is much harder than cricket then it is inevitable there will be overwhelming disagreement. Only one who agrees with him is the "i am different than you all" troll nballa.

Let me ask you this simple question. Let us say you are asked to pick one out of two choices at gun point 1) Allow a cricket ball to hit you flush at 100 mph 2) Allow a baseball to hit you flush at 100 mph which one you will pick.
You know the answer.

See I agreed with midfielder when he said there are aspects of Baseball that cricket can emulate afterall there are certain similarities and obviously innovation is encouraged in a modern sport like baseball than the more traditional game like cricket.Cricket has been traditionally opposed to change,hell lot of the guys here who are not even that old have refused to accept T20,there are still arguments about use of technology etc where as in baseball new things are embraced much more freely and here there is a definite scope for not just Indian cricket but cricket as a whole I only have a problem when the topic has become cricket vs baseball and we all have a strong opinion about which is better
Baseball style hitting won't work in the long run. t8sxhd.jpg

More realistic question (1) Cricket ball at 60 mph (2) Bball at 90 mph Which one would you pick.

He is not alone. There are quiet a few Indians that i personally know have adopted American sports as their main sports . That is their choice. Never questioned them. But in a cricket forum if they come up and try to justify their adopted sports is much harder than cricket then it is inevitable there will be overwhelming disagreement. Only one who agrees with him is the "i am different than you all" troll nballa.
Never compared the merits just saying learn something from baseball,