For Indian Cricket to improve learn from US Baseball

Midfielder

These guys are clueless. Not a single cricket player I know is fit enough to dunk. They dont know what physical demands on body are playing the top American sports.
Its not nice to cherry pick. I don't like it that you leave aside some of the most common American sports and focus only on those which are perceived to be cool. That is not a good way to drive home a point. You should include the new age American sports like frisbee throwing, eating extra cheese double Mc Chickens and playing Farmville and Counter- Strike in your arguement too. I'm sure Dhoni could learn a lot about strategy, pitch preparing and team building from Auden McKendricks, the USA farmville world champ too.

Its not nice to cherry pick. I don't like it that you leave aside some of the most common American sports and focus only on those which are perceived to be cool. That is not a good way to drive home a point. You should include the new age American sports like frisbee throwing, eating extra cheese double Mc Chickens and playing Farmville and Counter- Strike in your arguement too. I'm sure Dhoni could learn a lot about strategy, pitch preparing and team building from Auden McKendricks, the USA farmville world champ too.
be quiet, take your unnecessary out of context psychopathic rambling elsewhere. this thread is about how cricket can learn from baseball, not how you can shoot free throws into a 6ft high backyard 'rim'

Very few catches are made on a full drive. Most of the catches at slip are because the ball has slowed down considerable barely 50 mph.
Your numbers are completely off base. A cricket ball loses speed after pitching but it also gains speed after nicking the bat. The ball isnt comming to slips at 50mph, its comming to them at atleast 80mph.
Most of the catches at outfield are bunch of lolipos, no big deal.
So are the outfield catches in baseball. also lollipops. except they are caught with a giant glove and they do not have to stay in bounds to catch the ball.
Once again Jadega is one of the athletic one his physical standard would not even come close to an outfiielder. A baseball outfielder will out jump him, out run him out hustle him. Put some numbers down you are clearly clueless.
mate, you are clueless. jadeja will out-run, out jump and out-throw 99.99% baseballers. I used to be a seasons ticket holder for Toronto Blue Jays, so don't think i don't know baseball.
They will take you out if you bowl a beamer.
Same in baseball.
Cricket and baseball are different sports. The baseball is moving much faster than a cricket ball does. For one thing, cricket batsmen aren't even swinging for maximum velocity much of the time. Comparing a ball that's guided with a paddle-like bat to a ball that's smashed with a maximum effort swing with a baseball bat is just not a reasonable comparison. And even when they are swinging to really rip it, if a cricket ball goes 300-plus feet, it's a remarkable drive. When a baseball goes 300 feet, it's a routine flyout. That's because baseballs are hit harder. And that's why catching a cricket ball isn't the same as catching a baseball, and why you couldn't just stick a cricketer in at shortstop, only without a glove, and expect him to do anything but get severely injured.
Fielding at short stop is easier than fielding at forward short leg or silly mid off. At that distance, the cricket ball is comming at you just as hard as a baseball is and people have made that catch barehanded without breaking anything, on a harder ball.
Compound this with the fact that they have to account for multiple bases unlike cricket where there are only two ends. They have to stop each and everything even if the line drive is coming at 120 + mph.
If you are a slip fielder in cricket or a wicket-keeper (like me), catching line-drives bare-handed from 3rd base is child's play.

be quiet' date=' take your unnecessary out of context psychopathic rambling elsewhere. this thread is about how cricket can learn from baseball, not how you can shoot free throws into a 6ft high backyard 'rim'[/quote'] Its not that hard, just about everyone, with practice, will get over 50% of the shots in for all basketball shots except the three pointers. Which is why the NBA is repetetive and boring, its like watching olympic shooting contest. 85-90% efficiency/success rate means the task is easy, its all about who can do the easy task better.

Shortbread is hot air. Whether he likes it or not things are moving from baseball to cricket it depends who does those first. Throw from outfield - from baseball. Batsman new stances from baseball. Multiple coaches from baseball.
This "from baseball, from baseball" post reminds of the goodness gracious me sketch where the father keeps insisting everything is indian, superman--indian, learnado da vinci--indian, the queen--indian :cantstop:

Can you post your sats' date=' like how many minutes to run a mile, how many reps how much weight. You are very impressive.[/quote'] You don't need stats to figure out that the particular exemplary jump-picture you posted, turned out to be a joke - from the video evidence. Why don't you try collecting an independent stat on how many people agree that that particular jump is a 'symbol' of superior athleticism? You picked a dumb example and got caught, as simple as that.

In India if you don't want to see a player in the XI' date=' Don't include him in the squad itself. I remember mentioning about it in another thread. If you select a senior player in the squad and expect the captain to sit him out is foolishness. Happened with Zak. Now happened with Yuvraj. Just don't select him in the squad. Captain has a much larger say in team selections in cricket unlike other sports. Just don't give him c hance. It will continue to happen. If Kohli has found someone who has done exceptionally well under his captaincy and suddenly gone out of form, he won't mind giving him an extended run.[/quote'] That is why at least three of people should have input on final team formation. Before a football game a staff of 20 sometimes goes over the tapes for day and night to get the right combination for the plays. Playing Yuvraj again and again and giving bowling to Raina was so predictable and stupid.

Your numbers are completely off base. A cricket ball loses speed after pitching but it also gains speed after nicking the bat. The ball isnt comming to slips at 50mph, its comming to them at atleast 80mph. So are the outfield catches in baseball. also lollipops. except they are caught with a giant glove and they do not have to stay in bounds to catch the ball. mate, you are clueless. jadeja will out-run, out jump and out-throw 99.99% baseballers. I used to be a seasons ticket holder for Toronto Blue Jays, so don't think i don't know baseball. Same in baseball. Fielding at short stop is easier than fielding at forward short leg or silly mid off. At that distance, the cricket ball is comming at you just as hard as a baseball is and people have made that catch barehanded without breaking anything, on a harder ball. If you are a slip fielder in cricket or a wicket-keeper (like me), catching line-drives bare-handed from 3rd base is child's play.
On a nick to slip where is the extra energy coming from? Outfield catches over the fence are a sight to behold. Garry-Matthews-Jr-300x202.jpg Show me few equivalent of these. This is nothing special just day in the office. If you were season ticket holder you would have gained some respect for their athletcism. Get some of Jadegas numbers out, guess what you wont because you are all hot air.

Its not that hard' date=' just about everyone, with practice, will get over 50% of the shots in for all basketball shots except the three pointers. Which is why the NBA is repetetive and boring, its like watching olympic shooting contest. 85-90% efficiency/success rate means the task is easy, its all about who can do the easy task better.[/quote'] You have never played anything but fantasy crap. Basketball players are some of the strongest athletes. Try a alley hoop and you will understand.

On a nick to slip where is the extra energy coming from? Outfield catches over the fence are a sight to behold. Garry-Matthews-Jr-300x202.jpg Show me few equivalent of these. This is nothing special just day in the office. If you were season ticket holder you would have gained some respect for their athletcism. Get some of Jadegas numbers out, guess what you wont because you are all hot air.
MLB: Ranking the 20 Greatest Wall Grabs in Baseball History
1. Gary Matthews Jr. Leaps and Reaches over Center Field Wall to Rob Mike Lamb Gary Matthews Jr. had the best wall grab in the majors, though. Matthews runs back, jumps, uses his throwing hand to spin himself as he makes the catch and lands, having done a 180-degree turn while very high in the air to take away a home run. The broadcasters in the game declared it was probably the "catch of the year." In actuality it was one of the best catches in baseball history.
:phehehe:

On a nick to slip where is the extra energy coming from?
From the bat. 90% of slip catches happen when the batsmen are playing a shot. Either a defensive push or a drive. Only 10% or less come from the 'limp bat hung out to dry' type. For those 90% of the slip catches, the ball gains momentum from the force imparted due to the bat making contact while still undergoing motion.
Outfield catches over the fence are a sight to behold. Garry-Matthews-Jr-300x202.jpg Show me few equivalent of these. This is nothing special just day in the office.
There is nothing extraordinary or unreal about catching a ball following normal parabolic curve with a giant mitt while climbing over a fence. You've ever seen the cricket catches in the outfield where a player catches the ball while trying NOT to go over the rope ? Those are harder to execute. And i wont even compare baseball's outfield catching to those of cricket where the cricketer catches the ball, goes out of bounds in air, lobs the ball up before making contact with the ground regains within bounds status and completes the catch. Baseball has nothing that can even remotely compare. its also way harder to catch a smaller ball with bare hands while running than a bigger ball with a glove the size of a polar bear's paw.
If you were season ticket holder you would have gained some respect for their athletcism. Get some of Jadegas numbers out, guess what you wont because you are all hot air.
Jadeja's numbers are not available. If you can find it, let me know. The only thing that baseballers have over cricketers, is that their batters are, in general, significantly stronger. But that is because baseball has only 1 predominant motion- the across the body swipe played at full strength. They are less athletic than most cricketers, have less fielding capabilities and significantly less mastery of multiple skills. But one thing that is pretty obvious, is players like Jadeja, Kaif, Yuvraj pre-cancer are/were faster, fitter and more lithe than 99.99% baseballers.

You have never played anything but fantasy crap. Basketball players are some of the strongest athletes. Try a alley hoop and you will understand.
They are some of the strongest players but basketball as a skill is pretty elementary. As i said, when your entire sport is based on a contest where the winning team does the same thing 90% of the time and the losing team does the same thing 85% of the time, it means the skill itself is not very hard to acquire, its just about who's mastered it more. Not everyone can bowl a leg break. or catch a football while on the full run. But everyone can shoot a ball through a hoop, what seperates you and me from Kobe Bryant is how well he can do it. Just like shooting. its an elementary skill that everyone can do. What seperates the olympians from us, is not that they can do something we can't, its that they can do it with greater precision and more often. Compare that with most other sports, where some things are simply beyond doing for most people.

call him fat all day long fact that he has vertical like that means a lot.
most cricketers get such vertical or more when doing something simple as celebrating a catch or dismissal. There are numerous stills of cricketers in mid air 3-4 feet off the ground in celebration. Such verticals in baseball are possible only because you can use the boundary marker (fence) as an aid to break your fall and you are allowed to make contact with it, go over it, etc. If it were like cricket, where its a home run even if you catch it, the moment any part of you touches the fence, you'd see lot less verticals.

From the bat. 90% of slip catches happen when the batsmen are playing a shot. Either a defensive push or a drive. Only 10% or less come from the 'limp bat hung out to dry' type. For those 90% of the slip catches, the ball gains momentum from the force imparted due to the bat making contact while still undergoing motion. There is nothing extraordinary or unreal about catching a ball following normal parabolic curve with a giant mitt while climbing over a fence. You've ever seen the cricket catches in the outfield where a player catches the ball while trying NOT to go over the rope ? Those are harder to execute. And i wont even compare baseball's outfield catching to those of cricket where the cricketer catches the ball, goes out of bounds in air, lobs the ball up before making contact with the ground regains within bounds status and completes the catch. Baseball has nothing that can even remotely compare. its also way harder to catch a smaller ball with bare hands while running than a bigger ball with a glove the size of a polar bear's paw. Jadeja's numbers are not available. If you can find it, let me know. The only thing that baseballers have over cricketers, is that their batters are, in general, significantly stronger. But that is because baseball has only 1 predominant motion- the across the body swipe played at full strength. They are less athletic than most cricketers, have less fielding capabilities and significantly less mastery of multiple skills. But one thing that is pretty obvious, is players like Jadeja, Kaif, Yuvraj pre-cancer are/were faster, fitter and more lithe than 99.99% baseballers.
You are clueless. Show me one vertical leap of cricket player like two I have shown. You wont. jadegas nos are not available because maybe he does not have any. There is no measurement parameter. To your credit you did dance a nice jig around my question instead of answering. I can give you lot of fitness nos of baseball players. They will blow your mind away.