For Indian Cricket to improve learn from US Baseball

Midfielder

No' date=' your point was that the fielders need gloves because otherwise it will break their hands. But all the catches are taken in the outfield with ball coming down gently.[/quote'] You have to get the line drives also 99% of time. Yes a lot of them are in outfield too but there error rates are low.

Except almost no one catches a base ball just after the ball is hit. Most catches are in the outfield where the ball has already lost all momentum. The shot might be hit at 95mph' date=' but by the time it reaches fielders, it is already falling down and lost most of it's energy[/quote'] The infielders catch so many hard hit balls. It is the same reason wkt keepers put gloves and batsman wear pads. No body is callin them pussy.

So what ? you are using the same cricket bat to hit a cricket ball full toss as well as a baseball fulltoss. Since the baseball moves less & can do less things in the air' date=' its easier to hit it with a cricket bat than a cricket ball.[/quote'] So you have 100 times more area to hit. That is a lot. Just for e.g. you run 3miles in 50 mnts and I do it in 17 mnts will you say so what.I can always turn around and say so what cricket batsman are hitting balls at 25 mph so what?

False. As i said, you can easily catch a ball travelling well in excess of 100mph, as in catching a full blooded pull or a cut shot by a batsman in cricket. Baseballers cannot catch without a glove because they never bothered with that skill.
You are a superman.

F

Why does cricket not pu numbers down of the speed of the ball when approaching batsman. It will lose all its glamour.
Yorkers. And full tosses batsmen still see them and play. Even Nunavut Patel sees them well and block. This is despite the fact that they can seriously get hurt unlike girly ball where you can walk. Keep defending girly ball.

Midfielder are you a south asian immigrant or west indian immigrant ? do you play both Cricket and baseball. I have heard about pitchers poping their elbows seen some videos gruesome..always liked how baseball is most watched in US somehow liked a bat ball game more than soccer.

Midfielder are you a south asian immigrant or west indian immigrant ? do you play both Cricket and baseball. I have heard about pitchers poping their elbows seen some videos gruesome..always liked how baseball is most watched in US somehow liked a bat ball game more than soccer.
Pitching is at the ends of human limits. I used to play cricket but have never played baseball.

No fielder is baseball catches 100's of balls. No way near it. Yes it comes down to safety, but it doesn't mean baseballers catch missiles
Infielders do. Spread over 160 games do you want players injured because of that. It is a safety issue.I have seen majority of catches dropped by bowler on full blooded drive. We are talking about extremes here which are difficult to cover.

This is where you lose all your credibility. I don't even know i am trying to convince you. It is almost like saying baseball is worse than sleeping.
Look I dont know what sports you have played but it definitely not baseball. Hitting a 95 mph baseball takes a lifetime of training.The ball gets there in 300 milli seconds and even professional players dont see. They look at the trajectory at two or three points and estimate and swing. It is impossible to hit a baseball.

Request to Mods: This was a serious effort to improve cricket as a sport I love. We were all having a very honest discussion till Mr. hhunaeh got his panties in a bunch. Let us have honest discussion in the main forum. We will abide by all the guidelines of the forum.