Sri Lanka being taken apart at Brisbane

It must be a good pitch for bowling.
It's similar to the Gabba wicket, Ravi. Always some life early, especially if it's overcast as it was on the first morning when SL lost 6/81. Then, as is happening today, out came the sun and Prasanna Jayawardene, Vaas, Maharoof and Bandana added runs relatively easily. Today, we see Bic, Noffke and Johnson batting freely after the first hour when the SL bowlers were on top. 7/267. Bic 115* (6 sixes) Johnson 34*
It is quite amazing to see the number one choice Aussie bowlers being absolutely hammered in the previous FC match , while the second rung of contenders are doing quite well. It will be interesting to see how MJ bowls in the 2nd innings.
Not quite the case, mm. The Aussies' #1 bowler, Stuart Clark, took 7 wickets in the match you mentioned.

I just did. :regular_smile: I don't hold much with the terms, 'spearhead, 'leader of the attack' or '#1 bowler' as a bowling attack is a team within a team but, if you want to go on stats, SC is way ahead. Stuart Clark: 9 Tests - 2.45 r.p.o. 47 wickets @ 17.8 Brett Lee: Last 9 Tests - 3.3 r.p.o. 34 @ 32.2

Consider as well that Clark's wickets have all been coming very consistently in all conditions, from the flat deck at Adelaide last yr to the SAF greentops. Bung's only delivered against really crap opposition or on very helpful surfaces, as I've pointed out before. Clark = Test spearhead. Bung = Deserving of the 12th man position so Noffke or Hilf can play.