India Tour of England, June-Sept 2014

India Tour of England, June-Sept 2014  

1. 1.

• 3 seamers + Binny
    • 3 seamers + Jadeja & Ashwin (-a batsman)
    • 4 seamers + Ashwin or Jadeja (-a batsman)

How does sporting decision on the field even compare with encouraging the opposition captain when he is down before an important series? This Dhoni love is crossing new boundaries even Sachin blind fans didn't :giggle:
sachin_blind_fans = MTC; :winky: see-weekend-dgaf-401.jpg

So if a captain does not back the opposition captain its not in spirit of the game.New things we learn everyday. Simply could have said Cook is a good player but we hope the form slump continues against us.But Dhoni could not help himself and take jibe at media.Dhoni ko Cook mein Rab Dikhta Hai.

How does sporting decision on the field even compare with encouraging the opposition captain when he is down before an important series? This Dhoni love is crossing new boundaries even Sachin blind fans didn't :giggle:
Its in the spirit of the game to criticise your team mates in public .:hysterical:

Both are poor test captains and now poor test players. But India got this series 5-0. If them 5'6, 120 Kph Lankan trundlers can do the T20, ODI, Test treble in England then surely Ishant Sharma, Binny and co will be running through England on the reg. Plus Indian batsmen >>> Lankan FTB's. 5-0 coming up.

So if a captain does not back the opposition captain its not in spirit of the game.New things we learn everyday. Simply could have said Cook is a good player but we hope the form slump continues against us.But Dhoni could not help himself and take jibe at media.Dhoni ko Cook mein Rab Dikhta Hai.
Aren't you backing cook more than dhoni by saying "Cook is a good player" :--D. Dhoni just said a general statement about any player who is out of form and why media should not attack them when they are down. Only the media people portraited it like backing cook mainly coz the answer was to a question specifically asked about cook. I don't think there is need to read too much into what dhoni said. It will have no effect on how cook will play against us.

A young Indian bowling attack sans a leader While people worry about India's batting and its vulnerability in England, I feel the young top order will show more fight than last time. What I'm really worried about is our bowling. The biggest issue is we have a talented and on good days potent attack in Shami, PSingh, Aaron, BK.......but they are all on their first test series in England!! They don't have a leader....someone with experience to guide them through this tour. Ishant is a spent force. Taking him is like going to a gunfight with a water pistol, that too without any water in it!! How can he lead the bowlers when he himself is getting butchered at 6 an over......and that's the opponent batsmen being merciful!! And when the quicks struggle Dhoni is as lost as the bowlers themselves. Im not going to curse Dhoni or start a captaincy debate, because rest assured he will captain India through all 5 games. Dawes the bowling coach hasnt delivered the goods, atleast I dont think so!! The best short term solution I can think of is to get in a proper bowling consultant, like Zaheer or Srinath!! If they are not willing hunt ex English bowlers Hoggard, Harmison, Gough, Caddick...... heck anyone who will put their arm around the youngsters and tell them how to best make use of their skills, especially when the going gets tough. If we continue along this path our bowlers will release a flood of runs....forget taking 20 wickets!!

While people worry about India's batting and its vulnerability in England, I feel the young top order will show more fight than last time. What I'm really worried about is our bowling.
I'm not worried about our bowling at all. I already know it's going to suck. I expect nothing from our fast bowlers so what's there to worry about?
I'm not worried about our bowling at all. I already know it's going to suck. I expect nothing from our fast bowlers so what's there to worry about?
Dude! We're not that bad :(( Shami and Bhuvi can really do something. While Aaron and Pandey are there to support them .
I don't think they are completely useless. Its a highly competent and varied attack. Each bowler contributes with a different strength. The biggest drawback is they are inexperienced especially in these conditions.
Dude! We're not that bad :(( Shami and Bhuvi can really do something. While Aaron and Pandey are there to support them .
+1 Listening to the commentary during the first warm up game, it was pretty obvious BK was lost. He struggled to find the right length to bowl and then in search of swing bowled too full. This is the same bowler who a few weeks ago bowled beautifully in the IPL, a format which is merciless on bowlers on flat Indian tracks. Our bowlers can do it but they don't know how to. They need a leader now more than ever!!
I don't think they are completely useless. Its a highly competent and varied attack. Each bowler contributes with a different strength. The biggest drawback is they are inexperienced especially in these conditions. +1 Listening to the commentary during the first warm up game, it was pretty obvious BK was lost. He struggled to find the right length to bowl and then in search of swing bowled too full. This is the same bowler who a few weeks ago bowled beautifully in the IPL, a format which is merciless on bowlers on flat Indian tracks. Our bowlers can do it but they don't know how to. They need a leader now more than ever!!
WTF has BK bowling 4 overs with new ball in IPL, were batters attack you and hence give more chances, got to do with test cricket?? Total confusion and lack of understanding of different formats
Why o why is everyone projecting BK as being in test team and then not just in team but good test bowler for us. Really don't get it DO NOT CONFUSE ODIS WITH TESTS!
Well, he has improved a lot, his pace mainly has increased which is a good sign for us actually. Saw him bowling 140+ during IPL many times.
While people worry about India's batting and its vulnerability in England, I feel the young top order will show more fight than last time. What I'm really worried about is our bowling. The biggest issue is we have a talented and on good days potent attack in Shami, PSingh, Aaron, BK.......but they are all on their first test series in England!! They don't have a leader....someone with experience to guide them through this tour. Ishant is a spent force. Taking him is like going to a gunfight with a water pistol, that too without any water in it!! How can he lead the bowlers when he himself is getting butchered at 6 an over......and that's the opponent batsmen being merciful!! And when the quicks struggle Dhoni is as lost as the bowlers themselves. Im not going to curse Dhoni or start a captaincy debate, because rest assured he will captain India through all 5 games. Dawes the bowling coach hasnt delivered the goods, atleast I dont think so!! The best short term solution I can think of is to get in a proper bowling consultant, like Zaheer or Srinath!! If they are not willing hunt ex English bowlers Hoggard, Harmison, Gough, Caddick...... heck anyone who will put their arm around the youngsters and tell them how to best make use of their skills, especially when the going gets tough. If we continue along this path our bowlers will release a flood of runs....forget taking 20 wickets!!
only person who might realistically help is dravid cause he knows what it takes and can mentor the bowlers on being aggressive, wickets etc why dont they draft in srinath instead of him wasting time being a match ref?
Well' date=' he has improved a lot, his pace mainly has increased which is a good sign for us actually. Saw him bowling 140+ during IPL many times.[/quote'] Some dude bowls a few ball at 140 in IPL and you think that makes him a140plus bowler in tests!! The test for BK and this is when he will be buffet. Is second spell with older ball with oppo 101-1. Long hard day, what seppeds and movement will he get. Sadly he will be 78 mph and dhoni may stand up to him!!