India Tour of England, June-Sept 2014

India Tour of England, June-Sept 2014  

1. 1.

• 3 seamers + Binny
    • 3 seamers + Jadeja & Ashwin (-a batsman)
    • 4 seamers + Ashwin or Jadeja (-a batsman)

He is an awesome bat. But can't forget the deodhar trophy semifinal i think where rishi dhawan made him look rohitesque beating the bat numerous times sometimes just a few mm from the lstumpls. Edged it to keeper of pisshant's bowling but stood his ground & umpire gave it not out becoz he couldn't hear the nick which infact everyone in stadium could hear. So i guess he'll have to keep working on his game.

leaving balls in the sense.. when the ball is decks away off the seam he has bit of trouble.
Yeah if it leaves from stumps u obviously have to play them Seriously speaking he is best leaver of ball in this side even against spinner If some one balls magic ball then u cannot do anything ...just ask Clarke :winky:
He is an awesome bat. But can't forget the deodhar trophy semifinal i think where rishi dhawan made him look rohitesque beating the bat numerous times sometimes just a few mm from the lstumpls. Edged it to keeper of pisshant's bowling but stood his ground & umpire gave it not out becoz he couldn't hear the nick which infact everyone in stadium could hear. So i guess he'll have to keep working on his game.
i think he will be all right. if he can see off stein morkel and philander, he'll be fine. even in NZ tour, he did good job of initially seeing off the new ball, but his concentration had gone down big time in the context of playing long innings. hopefully, this tour he proves his critics wrong
leaving balls in the sense.. when the ball is decks away off the seam he has bit of trouble.
true but thats a problem for most right hand batsmen his reaction time is not the same as before. if you see his debut in bangalore, he was much quicker then. . the two ACL injuries have played a big role in slowing down his reflexes. all because of stupid ipl.
Yeah if it leaves from stumps u obviously have to play them Seriously speaking he is best leaver of ball in this side even against spinner If some one balls magic ball then u cannot do anything ...just ask Clarke :winky:
remember that steyn magic ball swinging from leg stump to off stump, no batsman in the world can play that
iHe played one great innings. But he definitely has some chink against spin. Unlike Kohli or Viru his footwork is not as decisive. Thankfully England doesn't have good spinners.
he also played 80 odd runs on a rank turner on day 5 pitch against the aussies. sure the aussie spin right now is not the greatest but that track even made xavier doherty look dangerous
thats one day where tendency is to play every ball and score runs which isnt the case in test where you can leave anything outside off. This guy gave a great exhibition of batsmanship against a rampaging Steyn in SA. No one is perfect even batsman with best techqniues are beaten or get out when ball moves around doesnt matter who the bowler is. You play the ball, not the bowler and good balls bound to best you.
yeah. His first innings in SA against fiery Steyn and Morkel was cut short due to runout, but still in that innings, he had showed a great character of judgement.
iHe played one great innings. But he definitely has some chink against spin. Unlike Kohli or Viru his footwork is not as decisive. Thankfully England doesn't have good spinners.
He is far better than Kohli against spin in test cricket. You forgot his innings at Delhi on a minefield while chasing. He made that pitch look like batting paradise.
As long as Pandey' date=' Pankaj or even Aaron play along with Shami Im happy. At least then they are tryng something new. You can't know how good they are without trying them in tests. Yadav non selection was stupid but India cannot play Ishant or Binny for even 1 test.[/quote'] None of the 3 will play.
Couldnt they find better batsman than ARSOL. Even Karun Nair will bat better than him at 6. He is only good for slogging a few boundaries.
Heard good things about kl rahul too. Karnataka is producing good talents nowadays. Even punjab, guj & Baroda, are producing decent talents. But mumbai has really gone down the drains. They have very few good young players coming up. The Mumbai ranji team is now filled with old has beens nothing exciting about them just oldies holding on to their places.