The BJP thread

kabbirann

and regardless of what happens in Bihar (i will be sad if BJP dont win) the BJP is slowly becoming a force all over India. In maharashtra as well in kalyan they went from 9 to 42. In Kohlapur they went from 3 to 12. The signs are good that BJP is spreading its wings all through the country.

The local unit in UP needs looking after though. The gram panchayat results there were pathetic. As much as i want the BJP to spread its wings everywhere, the population and political prominence of UP means it needs to become the BJP's first priority. There are major concerns that local BJP leaders in UP is not good enough

Edited by G_B_

So the Delhi template of BJP vs the rest, Modi vs the rest is the present and future strategy against BJP. This 2 party race, will mean BJP will emerge as the single largest politically party nationally but they will lose elections against a pre-poll alliances of the rest of parties.

Imo, 2 parties race will cause defeats for BJP in short run but long run, BJP will gain. This is a good model as the castist, fraud secular games will be out in-open and BJP will gain in long run.

But for short terms targets like UP 2017 & LS2019, they look very hard and clearly, they clearly need some new short term strategy

Modi needs to focus at the grass root level instead of flying off abroad every other month...

Lol, it's nothing about Modi & BJP. It's about the opposition strategy of combining together. Like every party, BJP on its own has reached and found its upper limit. Instead, they need some new strategy to target all the rest of parties as one entity.

And don't be so short-sighted and ridiculous if you think foreign tours are bad things for country.

Edited by someone

Wonder there will be calls for Shah to quit after this set back

There should be, there's democracy in BJP. However, changing BJP President doesn't address the root causes. This is not BJP's defeat, they have done well on their own, actually better than expected. It's now about stopping the rest of parties on one single platform and prevent Muslims from voting on communal lines.

One more important point, is addressing the opposition propaganda. BJP in its 18 months have completely failed to counter and silence oppositions threats, arguments and propaganda. They only just have Swamy against opposition while entire opposition completely against them.

Next ,BJP has always tried its best to find a middle-group on many issues but still opposition beats them, I guess with this defeat, they need to realize others are there to completely destroy BJP.  BJP now needs to be fully aggressive and take big decisions immediately.

It's also clears,  BJP won national 2014 on Modi alone. In state elections, local leaders matters a lot, and caste is used to divide people, Modi's popularity cannot be taken for granted in state-elections.

Edited by someone

Modi needs to focus at the grass root level instead of flying off abroad every other month...

Silly post dada,I know you are angry but lets be honest modi is doing fine as the pm and in all surveys more than 60% of people are either happy or satisfied with his performance and he still remains the popular choice as the pm among all the candidates.he is doing the right thing by travelling abroad and making india globally viable(its effects will be seen after 5-7 years) in the first 2 years of his government,in the next two he'll remain more in india and the perception that he only travels outside and hardly remain at home will change.

Second thing,don't confuse these state elections one bit with the ls one,even I am disappointed ,not because we could have formed the government in bihar but because of the RS seat tally

Bjp needs to be more aggressive on the opposition and the media houses,they have been too passive for my liking (I gave them the benefit because it is just the second year) ,they should be hurt by this defeat because this defeat signifies an even more strong opposition.

Cant believe that a party occupying almost 65% of the parliament is acting as a mute spectator

Bjp needs to be more aggressive on the opposition and the media houses,they have been too passive for my liking (I gave them the benefit because it is just the second year) ,they should be hurt by this defeat because this defeat signifies an even more strong opposition.

Cant believe that a party occupying almost 65% of the parliament is acting as a mute spectator

Time to go an all attack on Corrupt congressi's and then see how they will win many elections , put them in jail , this is what you were voted to power

Lol, it's nothing about Modi & BJP. It's about the opposition strategy of combining together. Like every party, BJP on its own has reached and found its upper limit. Instead, they need some new strategy to target all the rest of parties as one entity.

And don't be so short-sighted and ridiculous if you think foreign tours are bad things for country.

I know foreign tours are important but time now to act smart. He's losing the perception battle that he's not caring about the common man and flying abroad at the first opportunity.

In couple of days he'll be off to UK while opposition will keep building the perception that he's not doing any development work, only making bombastic speeches and then flying abroad....

I know foreign tours are important but time now to act smart. He's losing the perception battle that he's not caring about the common man and flying abroad at the first opportunity.

In couple of days he'll be off to UK while opposition will keep building the perception that he's not doing any development work, only making bombastic speeches and then flying abroad....

Now, that's speaking like Rahul Gandhi.. It's amateurish thinking if you believe foreign tours dictate local politics. Especially when Modi is having successful foreign tours and policy, the last thing you want to do is change it due to opposition pressure. Foreign tours are successful in its outcome so it should continue.

Another thing is not to over-analyze this election. It's not BJP who lost it, it's not JDU who won it but it's RJD who won it  So that's the main question, on how did RJD get votes. Why did a convicted criminal, and one who was feared for the last 15 years with Jungle Raj won so handsomely? That's should be the number one question for BJP to understand. The only answer is polarization and votes on communal lines.

There are general things which BJP can improve like written in this page. But till BJP learns how to defeat such RJD equation, they will keep losing elections.

Another thing is not to over-analyze this election. It's not BJP who lost it, it's not JDU who won it but it's RJD who won it  So that's the main question, on how did RJD get votes. Why did a convicted criminal, and one who was feared for the last 15 years with Jungle Raj won so handsomely? That's should be the number one question for BJP to understand. The only answer is polarization and votes on communal lines.

There are general things which BJP can improve like written in this page. But till BJP learns how to defeat such RJD equation, they will keep losing elections.

its pretty easy answer to me.BJP is showing their true colors and trying to divide India on religious lines.take this Cow slaughter thing,most hindus dont eat Beef but they are dont want to deny others who want to eat them either.The BJP thinks that Indians hold extremist views like people in Pakistan or Saudi arabia but that is so far from the truth.IMO it already game over for Modi,what ever he does in the next 3 year is immaterial because the public doesnt trust him.they voted him for his economic views and all they hear is this nonsense which they dont support.If the congress is smart they will make sure that they allign with the 3rd front wherever possible and make it a 2 party fight in most elections and its game over for BJP.

^^

Here's the thing, no gov has stopped people from eating. But there are existing laws in states on beef ban even before BJP came into power. Yet, many made now it into a secular/communal issue, eating beef does not make you either.  Instead, BJP have been guilty of horrendous communication of failing to aggressively target this opposition hypocrisy. Additional, opposition also had a very hostile and intolerant reaction to it, by insulting Hinduism and its practices.

But these weren't the reasons why BJP lost Bihar, the reasons were even more simple. A complete polarization of caste and religion.

^^

Here's the thing, no gov has stopped people from eating. But there are existing laws in states on beef ban even before BJP came into power. Yet, many made now it into a secular/communal issue, eating beef does not make you either.  Instead, BJP have been guilty of horrendous communication of failing to aggressively target this opposition hypocrisy. Additional, opposition also had a very hostile and intolerant reaction to it, by insulting Hinduism and its practices.

But these weren't the reasons why BJP lost Bihar, the reasons were even more simple. A complete polarization of caste and religion.

How many promises Modi fulfilled which he made in 2014? They were voted to power to reduce inflation,punish corrupts , create more jobs etc So far they failed badly on many of these fronts.

Your over attacking of Lalu is similar to over attacking Modi. I had a conversation with Bihari thekedar who is also Yadav and now an almost friend. He told me that before Lalu Yadav have to sit on floor when some thakur or upper caste come Lalu gave them confidence and raised their status , that is the reason he was staunch Lalu supporter , He also liked Nitish for ending Gundaraj , Nitish+ lalu is dream team for him,

Another mistake of BJP was , they should had never let Nitish out of alliance , offering him Deputy PM post in 2013,they are treating their allies so badly that they are in fight with even shhiv sena . Akali Dal is their last ally with whom they are not in conflict