The BJP thread

kabbirann

How many promises Modi fulfilled which he made in 2014? They were voted to power to reduce inflation,punish corrupts , create more jobs etc So far they failed badly on many of these fronts.

Your over attacking of Lalu is similar to over attacking Modi. I had a conversation with Bihari thekedar who is also Yadav and now an almost friend. He told me that before Lalu Yadav have to sit on floor when some thakur or upper caste come Lalu gave them confidence and raised their status , that is the reason he was staunch Lalu supporter , He also liked Nitish for ending Gundaraj , Nitish+ lalu is dream team for him,

Here's the thing everybody likes to analyze things but at least use the same parameters for everybody. Nitish promised electricity and said he won't ask for votes if he cannot deliver, yet he failed but still asks for votes. Crimes against Dalits have increased substantially in last 2 years. You should ask yourself, that the insecure state government in power didn't talk about its accomplishments but were more interested in attacking Modi. What happened that the same people who were angry against crimes, corruption went to vote for convicted Lalu?

The simple fact is the bigger and more negative campaign won. BJP campaign against Jungle Raj failed to beat their campaign of Upper Caste vs lower Caste. Irrespective of national BJP's own performance, the only way to win Bihar was to avoid a complete consolidation of Muslim/Yadav/Kurmi caste behind MGB. And they failed as people decided to vote on caste and religion, and thus tolerating Gunda Raj. BJP also have itself to blame with the reservation remarks which definitely made them lose 3-4% votes for sure.That's about it on my summary. I won't be online here now for some time so don't bother replying to me.

Edited by someone

So the Delhi template of BJP vs the rest, Modi vs the rest is the present and future strategy against BJP. This 2 party race, will mean BJP will emerge as the single largest politically party nationally but they will lose elections against a pre-poll alliances of the rest of parties.

Imo, 2 parties race will cause defeats for BJP in short run but long run, BJP will gain. This is a good model as the castist, fraud secular games will be out in-open and BJP will gain in long run.

But for short terms targets like UP 2017 & LS2019, they look very hard and clearly, they clearly need some new short term strategy

The only short term strategy I can think of is bring economic reforms and unite Hindus, irrespective of their religion and convince them, that the sickular brigade, is hell bent on licking minorities balls.

Bihar under Nitish have have exemplary record in Electrification of Bihar and law and order .

I haven't spoken anyone from Bihar that spokes badly about Nitish (same with Patnayak and Odhisha).Even most medias acknowledged this during the elections .

Major reason why BJP turned this into cow and secularism instead if sticking with development .

The only short term strategy I can think of is bring economic reforms and unite Hindus, irrespective of their religion and convince them, that the sickular brigade, is hell bent on licking minorities balls.

The best is launch some populist schemes like cheaper dal or amma's or kitchen type ,food coupons   they bring massive popularity.Control inflation and put some corrupt people behind bars and then see the results

Edited by Singh bling

The best is launch some populist schemes like cheaper dal or amma's or food coupons kitchen type , they bring massive popularity.Control inflation and put some corrupt people behind bars and then see the results

I've been saying this for long... Modi has focussed too much on long term benefits which will take time or might not even get passed... He's taken too much load on himself as if he's the one who has to change everything in India where he has so many enemies within and outside BJP. Instead of entrenching himself and his close team, he's focussed too much on effing Foreign policies... Travelling from Bhutan to Mongolia etc. Nepal trip is a disaster now with current situation... Focussing too much of dramabazi, showbazi, NRI events etc... He is travelling abroad so many times as if he's only one term to finish off travelling most of the countries in the World...

When you have most stupid organisation like RSS (full of senile dickheads), who are out there to support you and at the same time sabotage you, people like Shah who's out there to antagonise remaining few allies, you are trying to be a moderate ABV2.0.

Modi needs to discuss with those stupid oldies in RSS, what exactly they want? Are they part of the team or out there to sabotage him? If they are out there to sabotage him then Modi better tell those jokers to take a hike, and let BJP go to dogs...

Here's the thing everybody likes to analyze things but at least use the same parameters for everybody. Nitish promised electricity and said he won't ask for votes if he cannot deliver, yet he failed but still asks for votes. Crimes against Dalits have increased substantially in last 2 years. You should ask yourself, that the insecure state government in power didn't talk about its accomplishments but were more interested in attacking Modi. What happened that the same people who were angry against crimes, corruption went to vote for convicted Lalu?

The simple fact is the bigger and more negative campaign won. BJP campaign against Jungle Raj failed to beat their campaign of Upper Caste vs lower Caste. Irrespective of national BJP's own performance, the only way to win Bihar was to avoid a complete consolidation of Muslim/Yadav/Kurmi caste behind MGB. And they failed as people decided to vote on caste and religion, and thus tolerating Gunda Raj. BJP also have itself to blame with the reservation remarks which definitely made them lose 3-4% votes for sure.That's about it on my summary. I won't be online here now for some time so don't bother replying to me.

BJP was fighting very formidable opposition along with very popular face of leader.Their best chance was do some kutneeti and break that alliance O/W defeat was inevitable

While Modi doesn't needs to be ABV2.0, he needs to ditch Shah as he's hampering relationship with other allies. The way things going, BJP has risked to become the sole target and consolidating most of the regional parties against it. In order to counter that and if it wishes to pass important bills, Modi has to break ice and try getting major regional parties on board. Modi has to ditch West Bengal BJP state unit and take Mamta on board... It will take years to dislodge Mamta and you can't trust Bengalis to vote for BJP. So the immediate goal should be to at least keep Mamata neutral as Laloo/Congress will try to take Mamtas help to block important bills.

Patch up with Amma and get her on board. Same with Navin Patnaik. Ditch there respective BJP state units and rather focus on retaining hold on existing states like Ch'Garh etc. Akalis might lose in Punjab to Congress. BJP needs to make up that loss by winning Assam. Get both TRS and Telugu Desam on board...

Come what may, do not allow regional parties to join hands, especially in UP. Announce a credible local leader in UP to

End the future campaign. Target to make Congress untouchable... Congress is slowly making comeback. Investigate Congress leaders and open new corruption cases. Make sting news of what Congress leaders do when they travel abroad, especially Rahul baba. Rahul has been targeting Modi on his trips abroad. BJP needs to counter it.

Lastly, Modi and his ministers need to meet public at grassroots level and not just rely of election rallies/ Mann Ki Baat etc.

Bihar under Nitish have have exemplary record in Electrification of Bihar and law and order .

I haven't spoken anyone from Bihar that spokes badly about Nitish (same with Patnayak and Odhisha).Even most medias acknowledged this during the elections .

Major reason why BJP turned this into cow and secularism instead if sticking with development .

two things 1) the development of bihar was  due to nitish alone but because of the nda alliance and sumo as the deputy cm did a lot of good work and helped pass reforms.

2) bjp did talk about development and all that stuff in the first 2 phases which didn't go well with the biharis and hence bjp didn't do well,then bjp Changed there strategy and began to play the polarization card (not alone ,every party did) in the phase 4,5 amd as a result won more votes comparatively.that's the irony ,jaisi praja waisi bhasha prayog karo

two things 1) the development of bihar was  due to nitish alone but because of the nda alliance and sumo as the deputy cm did a lot of good work and helped pass reforms.

2) bjp did talk about development and all that stuff in the first 2 phases which didn't go well with the biharis and hence bjp didn't do well,then bjp Changed there strategy and began to play the polarization card (not alone ,every party did) in the phase 4,5 amd as a result won more votes comparatively.that's the irony ,jaisi praja waisi bhasha prayog karo

That was in reply to a post above mine which said Nitish didn't do anything in Bihar and failed to provide electricity and development as promised .

Which clearly is nonsense.

Also the comment about Phases isnt true either .JDU has won more seats in phase 5(77%) than in 2(72%) , 3 (58%) or 4 (72%).Completely swept the phase I

It isn't a surprise considering phase 4 was BJP stronghold and phase 5 was MGP stronghold .So not sure how u can conclude polarisation has gained BJP more seats in Phase 4 & 5 when even in their stronghold MGP has won more 32 out of 55.In Lok sabha BJP won 53out of 55 seats here . If anything that shows talking about cows instead development has cost BJP even in its strongholds .

Even Jaitley today admitted in an interview the same

what about R ashok.... I think they may need to eat into volkaliga votes 

is 50 years old. BBMP mastermind. has been deputy CM. I think BJP are pretty set in northern karnataka IMO. Its in the south in Jd(s) lands they stand the best chance of penetration. 

Crucially i think Ashok is seen as a neutral among the Lingayat and Upper caste factions. He might be the consensus candidate acceptable to all.

BJP need to be planning for Congress+Jd(s) in that state.

That was in reply to a post above mine which said Nitish didn't do anything in Bihar and failed to provide electricity and development as promised .

Which clearly is nonsense.

Also the comment about Phases isnt true either .JDU has won more seats in phase 5(77%) than in 2(72%) , 3 (58%) or 4 (72%).Completely swept the phase I

It isn't a surprise considering phase 4 was BJP stronghold and phase 5 was MGP stronghold .So not sure how u can conclude polarisation has gained BJP more seats in Phase 4 & 5 when even in their stronghold MGP has won more 32 out of 55.In Lok sabha BJP won 53out of 55 seats here . If anything that shows talking about cows instead development has cost BJP even in its strongholds .

Even Jaitley today admitted in an interview the same

BJP did not win a single LS seat in 2014 in phase 5. Yet due to polersation it was one of their best phase. They may have lost but BJP should have heavily polerised Bihar from the very start. Announcing packages for development did not work IMO. Polerrisation was the best strategy as BJP were fighting with their backs to the wall as Bihar voted on caste lines. 

Its clear in Bihar BJP lost due to caste. Their performance against the Jd(u) was really good than against the RJD.  If Nitish Kumar was as good as governance as you claim he would not have come second to lalu despite contesting same  number of seats. Even the congress 27, RJD candidates on loan to Congress outperformed Jd(u) candidates. 

If Nitish is wise he will come back to the BJP. I can see a sense of tension in the Jd(u) spokes people's eyes. Seldom has a political party been able to dictate terms when not the leader of an alliance. This might just be the beginning of the end of Nitish Kumar. He has only himself to blame. If I were him, i would continue their alliance for a year or so. Then go back to the BJP in Bihar citing law and order and be the senior partner again in Bihar. Votes per seat contested was like 40.4% for the Jd(u) and 37.5% for the BJP. For the RJD the figure was 45%. 

In the upcoming elections Assam is the one the bjp will have the highest hopes from. But if AIDF and Congress tie up then once again the BJP will have to polerise the make up the deficit. I personally feel the BJP would have continued on the development plank had Jd(u) and RJD contested separately. 

BJP veterans revolt: Advani, MM Joshi, Yashwant Sinha and Shanta Kumar speak out

NEW DELHI: Two days after the BJP suffered a shocking defeat in Bihar, the veterans in the party have hit out at the leadership.

A joint statement by LK Advani, Murli Manohar Joshi, Shanta Kumar and Yashwant Sinha has sought a thorough review of the BJP's defeat in Bihar assembly elections, stating that the party failed to learn lessons from the fiasco in Delhi assembly elections.

"To say that everyone is responsible for the defeat is to ensure that no one is held responsible," the statement says.

The review should cover the way the party has been forced to kow-tow to a handful and how its consensusal character has been destroyed, the statement says, adding, "the review must not be done by the very persons who have managed and have been responsible for the campaign in Bihar."

The leaders claimed that the principal reason for the latest defeat is how party has been emasculated in last year.

http://m.timesofindia.com/elections/bihar-elections-2015/news/BJP-veterans-revolt-Advani-MM-Joshi-Yashwant-Sinha-and-Shanta-Kumar-speak-out/articleshow/49739299.cms

:hysterical:

Well they've taken the steam out of the FDI push by Govt. today... Come to think of it, at least BJP is still democratic in nature, Can't imaging anybody in Congress speaking out in Congress against the Gandhis after getting irrelevant in most of the states and nationally...

Mota Bhai and Chhota Bhai have bought this on themselves... Too mungo branding of themselves and Ego as if only these two have been winning the elections... Course correction should happen...

Its amazing, they wait for 2 days and when govt announces big FDI news they release this statement and completely take the steam of .U couldn't just make it up :cantstop:

They are trying to hurt where it hurts more... Just to hammer some sense in the dominant duo who are controlling the party currently...

what about R ashok.... I think they may need to eat into volkaliga votes 

is 50 years old. BBMP mastermind. has been deputy CM. I think BJP are pretty set in northern karnataka IMO. Its in the south in Jd(s) lands they stand the best chance of penetration. 

Crucially i think Ashok is seen as a neutral among the Lingayat and Upper caste factions. He might be the consensus candidate acceptable to all.

BJP need to be planning for Congress+Jd(s) in that state.

Actually he messed up BBMP by arrogance. JDS should ahve tied up with BJP , Ashok ignored them. Also he belongs to Vokkaliga group which have bigger leaders in JDS & Con party.