****Maharashtra Assembly Elections 2014 Thread***

G_B_

Quite surprised by those results..... I doubt if that is truly the situation on the ground. I think this poll was probably conducted only in Thane :cantstop:
nothing surprising at all brand Uddhav whatever he is, is known all over maharashtra. If Gopinath Munde was alive he would have stormed ahead of everybody. Thats probably the only thing going for the sena. They have an undisputed leader in the state. Congress (indighting with Rane and Ashok Chavan) NCP (Sharad/Surpriya Sule v Ajit) BJP (a whole host of leaders) Maybe it might be different if Gadkari was a candidate. He is another guy who is known.

wanted to ask when exactly is modi going to have these rallies in maharashtra? he is currently in the USA and should be back like 1st October. The elections takes place on the 14th which means rallies should stop about 13th. So that gives him 2nd to 12th October? about 11 days. Uddhav Thakarey already has held a mass rally in mumbai with big turn out. As somebody who is a BJP supporter (with a soft corner for the sena, hey my family hails from Thane). Isnt this a risky strategy? Should the BJP push forward Gadkari? Modi is PM now. He is not going to have the time to address the rallies which he did as PM candidate.

and speaking of the Udhav rally, it was a tremendous turnout. Passionate speech by Uddhav. I am sensing that the supporters of Hindutva in maha are swaying towards the sena. The BJP have all the cards in their favour though. But if Uddhav blazes Maharashtra with such speeches and gets such a big turn out. The equations might just change.

and speaking of the Udhav rally, it was a tremendous turnout. Passionate speech by Uddhav. I am sensing that the supporters of Hindutva in maha are swaying towards the sena. The BJP have all the cards in their favour though. But if Uddhav blazes Maharashtra with such speeches and gets such a big turn out. The equations might just change.
as long as congress-ncp combo is out, I'm happy.

wanted to ask when exactly is modi going to have these rallies in maharashtra? he is currently in the USA and should be back like 1st October. The elections takes place on the 14th which means rallies should stop about 13th. So that gives him 2nd to 12th October? about 11 days. Uddhav Thakarey already has held a mass rally in mumbai with big turn out. As somebody who is a BJP supporter (with a soft corner for the sena, hey my family hails from Thane). Isnt this a risky strategy? Should the BJP push forward Gadkari? Modi is PM now. He is not going to have the time to address the rallies which he did as PM candidate.
As I said earlier, even if Modi does conduct rallies, it is not going to translate into votes much. What BJP needs is a face for this election. Gadkari seems reluctant to return to state politics. Phadnavis seems to be the candidate opinion polls have centered on. Whether it is him or someone else, they need to have a face for this election. Every time they have succeeded in a state election, they have had a clear leader who was projected as the CM candidate. Voters don't like to be uncertain about who is going to lead the state. At the moment for them, there is no clear leader of the stature of either of the Thakerays.

^ ^agree, the BJP need a face. I am also reading about a revolt by Munde loyalists in Marathwada against the state BJP for supposedly sidelining Punkaja for Gadkari loyalist Phadnavis. Seems to they might put their weight behind the sena after Uddhav T decided not to field candidates v Munde sisters as a mark of respect to Gopinath Munde. If this news its true its a major boost for the sena and a huge blow to the BJP. Somebody needs to get on top of this situation. Like it or not the closest friends Munde had the maharashtra politics were Rajesh and Uddhav Thakarey.....

Interesting to note the love jihad and other jihad propaganda by bjp leaders has been turned off after the tight slap in the up by elections and it is only been modi, modi, development, development since then. Will they keep this up till the Maharashtra elections or at some point go back to love jihad, will be interesting to watch.

Interesting to note the love jihad and other jihad propaganda by bjp leaders has been turned off after the tight slap in the up by elections and it is only been modi' date=' modi, development, development since then. Will they keep this up till the Maharashtra elections or at some point go back to love jihad, will be interesting to watch.[/quote'] There is no SP in Maharashtra yet. Please ask these to your beloved secular leaders.

Whether they go back to it or not' date=' love jihad is going on anyway :dontknow:[/quote'] Love Jihad itself even aren't a BJP created and not a newly created term. It's been going on for several years, and like how our discussion on terrorism in early 2000s , sickulars will only say it's a propaganda.

One extremely negative outcome of these divorces is, that election campaign has become more loud and noisy. During LS, we had to bear only Modi but taking cue from him every party is trying to emulate that. They have already taken away pleasure of listening FM in my car. Their are ads from BJP, NCP, Congress and Shivsena. Hardly anytime left of songs :-(

There is no SP in Maharashtra yet. Please ask these to your beloved secular leaders.
well there's still khangress and evil muslims in maharastra and whatever happened to bjp leaders in UP. Why have yogi and co stopped making statements on love jihad in UP? Who will defend hinduism now?

well there's still khangress and evil muslims in maharastra and whatever happened to bjp leaders in UP. Why have yogi and co stopped making statements on love jihad in UP? Who will defend hinduism now?
dont worry the MIM will soon feel that void

Also another point whats with the NCP? Everyday i wake up , xxx leader has defected from the party to xxx party. (mostly the BJP) I mean has Ajit Pawar really gambled poorly is going alone? At this rate only the pawar family will be left in the ncp

Seems Adtiya Thakarey is butt hurt that the BJP brought his age into play. I 100% back the BJP on this. Its all well and good Aditya tags along and listens to the deliberations. But leading negotiations? In a way its good Aditya is deeply interested in politics. If Uddhav can keep the sena afloat till he comes of age then he will be a capable leader. But not at this stage.