The Wall strikes back

Rahul Dravid scored an unbeaten 77 and opener KB Pawan was batting on 76 as Karnataka tried to claw back in their game against Mumbai, managing a 53-run lead after having lost the plot in the first innings at the Wankhede. Dravid's two successive sixes off Ramesh Powar clarified one thing: all is well with his batting. His unbeaten knock, inclusive of ten fours besides the two sixes, in the second innings had all the ingredients of a typical Dravid innings: lots of patience, awesome drives, cuts, and the occasional big hit. The effort, though, may have come a bit late in the day for Karnataka, who conceded a 142-run lead to the hosts in the first innings. Pawan, who played a good hand in accumulating a smooth, unconquered 76. The two have added 126 runs for the second wicket so far, but Karnataka, who are at 195 for 1 in their second innings, need to play unbelievably well, and Mumbai have to play very poorly, if they hope to garner points from this game. They did well to restrict Mumbai to 337 after the 37-time champs were 118 without loss at one stage.

Dravid's two successive sixes off Ramesh Powar clarified one thing: all is well with his batting. His unbeaten knock, inclusive of ten fours besides the two sixes, in the second innings had all the ingredients of a typical Dravid innings: lots of patience, awesome drives, cuts, and the occasional big hit.
Thats all good! but i'd like him to bat with a Strike-Rate of around 60-70 considering the team he is facing atm. He has to impose the fact that he's one of the best in Indian cricket
77 is a very ordinary score considering the quality of cricket played in the domestic level.. mebe u shud have waited for the end of the ininings b4 coming out with such a thread
An unbeaten 77 against the best domestic side in the country If the best Ranji side is not a good enough test at the domestic level - tell me what is.
He is good for tests not for odis..no one doubted him in tests.. I hope he doesnt come back in odis...hopefully he is phased out and then slowly with time the other 2 sumtime by the end of next yr. cheers
and I sure hope Yuseless is never picked for Tests :cantstop:
He is the future. You can wish and curse all you want but he is not very a long distance away from the test spot...even a 5 yr old can predict that. but dravid might get in for a few odis if he is extremely lucky but he wont last long.
so u agree he is Yuseless :hysterical: