Modi Sarkar Social Issues Tracker Thread (Ache din aane wale hain)

cндябеяs

so what do you call the lizard who introduced this word to the forum?
Sorry. I can't help you there. Reptilian taxonomy is not my forte. That said, Swetabh is one of the nicest posters on this forum. The tragedy is that the build up to the election and the elections has resulted in this " me vs the other" mentality here on ICF. This website has been totally polarized by the said events and is in no way a reflection of India as a country. The prevalent viewpoint here is that BJP and Congress are diametrically opposite ideologies. That viewpoint is completely laughable. They are more like plants in the same garden with similar and intertwined roots. Just the flowers are different.

No it isn't. It is sweetened water served in the name of medicine.
All Homeopathic medicines aren't sweetened water and/or placebos. Come on. It has been proven that Homeopathy obtains the desired results. On what basis are you refusing to accept it as a valid preventive remedy? Even to this day, most Allopathic doctors here would also recommend ferrumphos ( a homeopathic pill) for rheumatism in its early phases.

Sorry. I can't help you there. Reptilian taxonomy is not my forte. That said, Swetabh is one of the nicest posters on this forum. The tragedy is that the build up to the election and the elections has resulted in this " me vs the other" mentality here on ICF. This website has been totally polarized by the said events and is in no way a reflection of India as a country. The prevalent viewpoint here is that BJP and Congress are diametrically opposite ideologies. That viewpoint is completely laughable. They are more like plants in the same garden with similar and intertwined roots. Just the flowers are different.
never meant that anybody's viewpoint is wrong or right.. he is entitled to his views just as I am. :good:

Astrology is a pseudo science and Homeopathy is a pseudo scientific medicine. like Alchemy and magic.
Just a quick point here, without going into what exactly is 'science' and what subjects constitute 'arts'. When the HC was talking about Astrology, it was basically the practice of horoscope making and kundli matching based on the sky ( star position) above the place you ( and your spouse) are born. Whether or not, this practice makes logical sense is not the argument. It is deemed a scientific practice because it is based on certain rules which are followed and certain mathematics/ astronomical observations ( that they may not matter much is a different question) are its starting point. What I'm trying to say here is that, if you go to 2 different Indian astrologers in two different Indian cities, they will require the same inputs ( the night sky over the place and time you were born) and do the same set of calculations, and come out with similar outputs. That is why astrology is a science. In a nutshell, there is a standardized procedure which is consistently followed. The error that it may give out is also consistent. Don't fault the HC. That is just the way that science is defined. The other practices like parrot picking a card or tarot reading that predicts your future or whatever are not sciences. The point here is that accuracy has nothing to do with science. Let me give you an example. Weather forecasts are just about as accurate as horoscopes, though the government launches 100 crore Rs satellites and uses some of the smartest brains in the nation to predict weather. Should we classify that as a science? Accuracy is a non sequitur. To me and you it maybe pseudo science, but that its not our definition of science which counts.

Just a quick point here, without going into what exactly is 'science' and what subjects constitute 'arts'. When the HC was talking about Astrology, it was basically the practice of horoscope making and kundli matching based on the sky ( star position) above the place you ( and your spouse) are born. Whether or not, this practice makes logical sense is not the argument. It is deemed a scientific practice because it is based on certain rules which are followed and certain mathematics/ astronomical observations ( that they may not matter much is a different question) are its starting point. What I'm trying to say here is that, if you go to 2 different Indian astrologers in two different Indian cities, they will require the same inputs ( the night sky over the place and time you were born) and do the same set of calculations, and come out with similar outputs. That is why astrology is a science.
That logical sense is called as Forer Effect. The idea of celestial rocks, molten rocks, gas giants, mysterious energies and supernovas making an imprint on one's presonality, lifestyle and predicting future sounds a a bit delusional.
In a nutshell, there is a standardized procedure which is consistently followed. The error that it may give out is also consistent. Don't fault the HC. That is just the way that science is defined. The other practices like parrot picking a card or tarot reading that predicts your future or whatever are not sciences. The point here is that accuracy has nothing to do with science. Let me give you an example. Weather forecasts are just about as accurate as horoscopes, though the government launches 100 crore Rs satellites and uses some of the smartest brains in the nation to predict weather. Should we classify that as a science? Accuracy is a non sequitur. To me and you it maybe pseudo science, but that its not our definition of science which counts.
Weather forecast is predictied by scientifc application of the atmosphere (which is right here, all around us) cannot be compared with the astrology which predicts something out of the position of stars that are light years apart.

All Homeopathic medicines aren't sweetened water and/or placebos. Come on. It has been proven that Homeopathy obtains the desired results. On what basis are you refusing to accept it as a valid preventive remedy?
Why would I accept sweetened water as preventive medicine ?
Even to this day, most Allopathic doctors here would also recommend ferrumphos ( a homeopathic pill) for rheumatism in its early phases.
And this is supposed to show what ? The pseudo science part is that homeopathic quacks will dilute this "pill" into sweetened water.

Gopal Subramaniam issue seems to be a very sensitive issue and central government has to take all the decisions very cautiously. Shady past always comes back to haunt you and this applies to both the parties. There are two things, Gopal Subramaniam has blamed the Supreme Court, the Government of India and since the recommendation was signed by President of India so he is blaming Pranab Mukherjee also this is too much of blaming. His shady past of violating protocol by meeting with the lawyer for A Raja, Neera Radia case cannot be overlooked. Similarly Modi government will have to comeout of the insecurity that any person related to UPA should be sidelined will not work. You will have to work with them as promised by the PM of India in his opening speech. Walk the Talk, the onus is on the government.
Subramaniam has NOT the blamed the SC or the President of India. The "shady pasts" you talk about have no proof at all. These inputs have come from the CBI, the same one which BJP allege to be as a "political tool". CBI isn't supposed to be consulted for these matters by procedure! And even if the CBI thought what they did, why did they continue to consult him after he quit in 2012? CBI refers to the Radia tapes in which she talks to a 3rd person that such a facility "may be" offered to Subramaniam. Neither is Subramaniam a member of the hotel nor has he used such a service. Also, there is no proof to suggest that Subramaniam "broke protocol" and met A Raja's lawyer. Please understand that Subramaniam was recommended (stress on this word) by a collegium headed by the Chief Justice of India. Please read the recommendation. This borking is nothing but another cookie to "with me" or go to hell politics which we have seen over the years.

Subramaniam has NOT the blamed the SC or the President of India. The "shady pasts" you talk about have no proof at all. These inputs have come from the CBI, the same one which BJP allege to be as a "political tool". CBI isn't supposed to be consulted for these matters by procedure! And even if the CBI thought what they did, why did they continue to consult him after he quit in 2012? CBI refers to the Radia tapes in which she talks to a 3rd person that such a facility "may be" offered to Subramaniam. Neither is Subramaniam a member of the hotel nor has he used such a service. Also, there is no proof to suggest that Subramaniam "broke protocol" and met A Raja's lawyer. Please understand that Subramaniam was recommended (stress on this word) by a collegium headed by the Chief Justice of India. Please read the recommendation. This borking is nothing but another cookie to "with me" or go to hell politics which we have seen over the years.
Gopal Subramaniam filed a legal affidavit in the Supreme Court stating that there is no evidence of the existence of Lord Ram. This alone would disqualify him from being a judge anywhere in the country let alone the Supreme Court. I don't expect you to appreciate this point of course.

Gopal Subramaniam filed a legal affidavit in the Supreme Court stating that there is no evidence of the existence of Lord Ram. This alone would disqualify him from being a judge anywhere in the country let alone the Supreme Court. I don't expect you to appreciate this point of course.
:cantstop:

This is what Niira Radia talked about reg Gopal Subramaniam when he was the Solicitor General. Niira Radia: No, Ratan, that’s a good thing. I’ll tell you why—because he can only handle constitutional matters. The solicitor-general is the gentleman—I told you about the swimming pool thing—Gopal Subramaniam. He’s the guy who will be doing the interpretation. I’m going to see him. I sent him a message and he said he will call back at 5.30-6 when he gets free and is home. So I will be briefing him…. Actually, he hates them (the Anil Ambani group). I’m not sure he’ll agree to what they say. He’s an upright person…. I think Raja will be trying to get in the AG. So, according to this conversation, as the Solicitor General of India, Gopal Subramaniam is in touch with a lobbyist regarding an important case. The lobbyist claims in this conversation that she will be briefing him, and that he hates the Anil Ambani Group. The country has been saved from having such a dicey character being a judge and eventually the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.

The affidavit was filed by the Archeological Survey of India. This misleading post itself should disqualify you from posting on all Internet forums let alone ICF. I don't expect you to appreciate this point of course but in due course of time you will be eventually banned like you have been umpteen times here.
This is what Niira Radia talked about reg Gopal Subramaniam when he was the Solicitor General. Niira Radia: No, Ratan, that’s a good thing. I’ll tell you why—because he can only handle constitutional matters. The solicitor-general is the gentleman—I told you about the swimming pool thing—Gopal Subramaniam. He’s the guy who will be doing the interpretation. I’m going to see him. I sent him a message and he said he will call back at 5.30-6 when he gets free and is home. So I will be briefing him…. Actually, he hates them (the Anil Ambani group). I’m not sure he’ll agree to what they say. He’s an upright person…. I think Raja will be trying to get in the AG. So, according to this conversation, as the Solicitor General of India, Gopal Subramaniam is in touch with a lobbyist regarding an important case. The lobbyist claims in this conversation that she will be briefing him, and that he hates the Anil Ambani Group. The country has been saved from having such a dicey character being a judge and eventually the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.
Radia mentioned something on a phone call, so it must be true.

The affidavit was filed by the Archeological Survey of India. This misleading post itself should disqualify you from posting on all Internet forums let alone ICF.
The ASI was represented by the GoI's law officer, who in this case was the ASG Gopal Subramaniam.
I don't expect you to appreciate this point of course but in due course of time you will be eventually banned like you have been umpteen times here.
Much better than getting owned like you are, continually.
Radia mentioned something on a phone call, so it must be true.
Enough to disqualify a person from a being a judge on the Supreme Court, which is not a birthright.

The moron Gopal Subramaniam personally drafted the Ram Setu affidavit questioning the historical existence of Lord Ram.

Ram Sethu: Soni faces Jairam’s arrow .................. Culture Minister Ambika Soni, who returned from Japan last night, clarified that she had made corrections in the draft affidavit prepared by Additional Solicitor General Gopal Subramaniam, which came to her Ministry through the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI). ...................... The controversial portion of the affidavit had originated at the desk of the ASG who comes under the Law Ministry. According to official sources, when the PIL was in Madras High Court (later transferred to the Supreme Court), the Culture Ministry had prepared a draft affidavit and sent it to the ASG. Subramaniam, however, prepared a fresh affidavit to be submitted to the Supreme Court. It was the new affidavit that courted controversy. ................... http://archive.indianexpress.com/news/ram-sethu-soni-faces-jairam-s-arrow/217350/0
This man had the audacity to insult Lord Ram, and today his own reputation lies in tatters. Divine justice. Jai Shri Ram !

The ASI was represented by the GoI's law officer, who in this case was the ASG Gopal Subramaniam.
The affidavit was still filed by the ASI not by Subramaniam like you initially said it was.
Much better than getting owned like you are, continually.
You went from "Subramaniam filing a **legal** affidavit" to "Subramaniam representing the GoI". The former means that he believes the affidavit is true while the latter means he has to appear in court proceedings as part of his job as directed by the government. Oh btw, since you are ill-informed - it was Subramaniam who appeared and withdrew the affidavit (the one he didn't submit in the first place). Once again - you got caught spreading lies here and got owned. In the process, you also indulged in ad hominemn laced with passive aggression. I am sure you will turn into personal vilification after being pointed out your lies with a ban as the next step.
Enough to disqualify a person from a being a judge on the Supreme Court, which is not a birthright.
A speculative mention without any sort of verification on a phone call to a 3rd person is enough to disqualify being a judge in Supreme Court. Mother logic just died by hypocritical suffocation.

Gopal Subramaniam prepared the affidavit questioning the existence of Lord Ram which is music to anti-Hindus who are defending him.

Ram Sethu: Soni faces Jairam’s arrow .................. Culture Minister Ambika Soni, who returned from Japan last night, clarified that she had made corrections in the draft affidavit prepared by Additional Solicitor General Gopal Subramaniam, which came to her Ministry through the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI). ...................... The controversial portion of the affidavit had originated at the desk of the ASG who comes under the Law Ministry. According to official sources, when the PIL was in Madras High Court (later transferred to the Supreme Court), the Culture Ministry had prepared a draft affidavit and sent it to the ASG. Subramaniam, however, prepared a fresh affidavit to be submitted to the Supreme Court. It was the new affidavit that courted controversy. ................... http://archive.indianexpress.com/news/ram-sethu-soni-faces-jairam-s-arrow/217350/0

The moron Gopal Subramaniam personally drafted the Ram Setu affidavit questioning the historical existence of Lord Ram. This man had the audacity to insult Lord Ram, and today his own reputation lies in tatters. Divine justice. Jai Shri Ram !
:facepalm: Drafting of an affidavit is merely writing what is written in "common language" in legalese. If you go to a lawyer and say - "I want to draft an affidavit about name change" he will draft it and write the same X in legal terms. The ASI submitted the affidavit not Subramaniam. Shri Ram just did a :facepalm: at people using his pious name to spread their propaganda on the pretext of warped logic.

:facepalm: Drafting of an affidavit is merely writing what is written in "common language" in legalese. If you go to a lawyer and say - "I want to draft an affidavit about name change" he will draft it and write the same X in legal terms. The ASI submitted the affidavit not Subramaniam. Shri Ram just did a :facepalm: at people using his pious name to spread their propaganda on the pretext of warped logic.
Read what he did :
According to official sources, when the PIL was in Madras High Court (later transferred to the Supreme Court), the Culture Ministry had prepared a draft affidavit and sent it to the ASG. Subramaniam, however, prepared a fresh affidavit to be submitted to the Supreme Court. It was the new affidavit that courted controversy. http://archive.indianexpress.com/news/ram-sethu-soni-faces-jairam-s-arrow/217350/0
He prepared the affidavit.