So Who Should Lead

Cricketics

So Who Should Lead  

1. 1.

Great Bumps..... So you are saying when dropped good leaders should make it a political issue and strike deals... Thx.... Between Laxman did not whinge or made an issue, he expressed his dissatisfaction over selection or non selection and desire to come back into ODI team...in little of the inches he gets, compared to the frontpage Ganguly and other poster boys get.... Back to topic ..... Dhoni will get it [Edit] Ganguly is already a proven leader, No point in discussing him

I would go and negotiate with Dravid....give him all he wants..
:two_thumbs_up: ..my vote. These two test serieses will be remembered for long time as this is the time that we should give our absolute best. With no coach around, MSD will not appear very strong. They dont want to give it to SG, VVS and AK are not sure of making it in 11. I really really dont see anyone other than RD. If I undersatnd Monkey Circus correctly.... he will ask RD to take over. Offer him captaincy on his terms. He was doing absolutely great. I mean winning a series in England... You gotta be kidding me to replace this guy. Its a 5 day game not just 1 night stand.....Dhoni, Yuv and VVS wont be stable over 5 days to implement their plans. RD is steady head and balance guy who leads from front. SRT not only denies it but suggest selectors and SP to bring RD back as a test Captain.

Dhoni it will be but I would have prefered one of the older guys (not VVS - sorry Rohan). On the other hand, throw Dhoni at the deep end and see if he can swim. He has got the big 3 (wel perhaps two now that RD is not quite with it all) for support. And it looks as if Dhoni and SRT get along well. I am not sure Dhoni should be taking any captaincy advice from SRT though :D. I think Ganguly would have been good down under but Dhoni is just as strong.

Indian selection commitee is a joke. How are they gonna make dhoni captain for tests? wow man. Understood, he is legitimate for ODI's but as far as tests is concerned dont quite agree. VVS Laxman all the way especially with a series against pakistan and aus Laxman would have been perfect. But again this is all planned, the plan being to phase out Laxman while there are players like ganguly and kumble older than him. GIving Laxman captaincy would mean giving Laxman an automatic slot but as usual selectors being themselves

dude Laxman a selfish player? lol you guys must be kidding me . What about Ganguly and to an extent i would consider tendulkar selfish. Laxman is by far the most team man ever and in all seriousness he shouldnt be coming at number 6 tests. Hes always been a team man im sure you can ask his teammates. Hes always been the scapegoat and when he was put on the bench after being promoted to Vice Captain in SAF clearly shows how pathetic and how indecisive the indian selection panel.

I would go and negotiate with Dravid....give him all he wants..
I agree with this too. Though the chances of it happening really is extremely thin. I had voted for Kumble earlier but after seeing Kumble's leadership vs Mumbai, I don't hold him in high stead. He was too defensive in that match, didn't show even one intent to at least try to go for an outright win. They kep on batting slowly on the pitch which could have aided the spinners on the final two session. Yet he gave just one session to Mumbai, hence killing every chance of a result in the match. He appeared too defensive and kind of overbowled himself even when he wasn't doing that well. These are extremely dangerous signs especially when we have a series of 4 tests in Australia.

I would doubt Kumble will be a good captain. He hardly gives his 100 percent on field. A captain is one who can be a motivation for his team. I agree with Chandan as I saw highlights of the match between Mumbai and Karnataka... The field was very defensive. I would say make Dravid the captain :)

chandan.. u judging kumble by just oen game?? how can u judge one's captaincy by just one game..
It is not just one game, but almost all the domestic matches that he has captained. This was the most recent and it reminded me of his defensiveness (?) again to change my mind. I like attacking captains but they have to be sensible keeping the strength of their team in the mind. I thought Kumble lacked that.
arey mai kaunsa kumble ko support kar rah hoon.. btw i have seen that attitude of his that he shoutz and stuff.. its bit like srinath if u remember.. when any fielder used to drop a catch,, srinath was all ove rhim lol..
I was just watching an old match on Neo Sports and he was like pathetic in field and shouting like hell when it came to his bowling... so I remembered his tendency... With all news channels spraying news around that they have talked to few selectors in private chances of getting boot is more to Kumble than to Dhoni

On a close call I would say Laxman ... even though his spot is not secure. It is too risky I think to put Kumble in there because Australia like to target opposition captains and if Kumble gets targeted and has a bad series we lose our no.1 wicket taker. For me it comes down to either Laxman or Dhoni, but I feel Dhoni's inexperience in Tests is a weakness and with Karthik in good batting form, Dhonis spot is not that much more secure than Laxman. However, I wont be too dissapointed in Dhoni gets the nod, as he seems to be a good captain.