So Who Should Lead

Cricketics

So Who Should Lead  

1. 1.

I say VVS. VVS ahead of Kumble because Kumble might come under a bit of attack if his performance is not good in Australia. Sure the same thing can happen to VVS too but based on past performances I would say VVS stands a better chance of doing good in Australia. Get in VVS for 2 straight series(Pak & Aus). Being a senior he would be in a better position to lead Dravid, SRT and Kumble. Dhoni might feel the task a bit daunting right now.

VVS is not a leader. Look at how dada & VVS handled their time outside the team. (Dada was ousted form both forms, in the Chappell era & VVS from the ODI team for a while now). It says something about their resp characters Dada, was always confident of his comeback. When he had the opportunity he grabbed it with both hands. In his time outside, I didnt see Ganguly whine or moan about how he was excluded OTOH, how many times have we seen VVS bi.tch about how unfairly he has been excluded from the ODI side and how devastated he was to miss the world cups. But what did he do, when he had the opportunity to control his own destiny. He just blew it. Never had time for folks like him & Kaif who blame everything under the sun to cover up their incompetence & inability to seal their spot. People like him, who cannot take care of themselves, can hardly be trusted to handle a team. And in times, when his spot in Tests was in danger, we all witnessed his selfish display exposing the tail (Kumble) to safeguard his own wicket. Hardly a team man, this Laxman!

Sourav Chandidas Ganguly. Now that he is riding off into the sunset and has at the most two seasons left in him, give this team to him for the next 10 tests. I have no doubt we will do well under him. MSD can be his apprentice and learn from India's most successful captain ever. MSD can take over sometime after the RSA series next year.

VVS is not a leader. Look at how dada & VVS handled their time outside the team. (Dada was ousted form both forms, in the Chappell era & VVS from the ODI team for a while now). It says something about their resp characters Dada, was always confident of his comeback. When he had the opportunity he grabbed it with both hands. In his time outside, I didnt see Ganguly whine or moan about how he was excluded OTOH, how many times have we seen VVS bi.tch about how unfairly he has been excluded from the ODI side and how devastated he was to miss the world cups. But what did he do, when he had the opportunity to control his own destiny. He just blew it. Never had time for folks like him & Kaif who blame everything under the sun to cover up their incompetence & inability to seal their spot. People like him, who cannot take care of themselves, can hardly be trusted to handle a team. And in times, when his spot in Tests was in danger, we all witnessed his selfish display exposing the tail (Kumble) to safeguard his own wicket. Hardly a team man, this Laxman!
In your opinion how do you think Dada was re-selected? If Sehwag, Gambhir (Ganguly's replacements) had scored well and India had won some ODIs in WI/SA (Yuvraj and Dhoni were failures too), do you think Ganguly would be playing now? Okay, Ganguly kept playing odd matches, but still if the Indian team had done well in his absence, I am sure it would have been tough for Ganguly to make a comeback.

Gambhir and Badrinath did way better than Ganguly in domestic matches..still Ganguloy was given preference.. Ganguly came in the team..because of BCCI elections..when pawar had to win..and CAB voted in favour of pawar..as Ganguly shot off a letter... its a different matter that..he has been scoring runs lately..albeit at a slower pace...

SANJAY MANJREKAR: If I have a choice between Kumble and Laxman, then I will certainly go with Kumble. Laxman has always shown leadership qualities, even when he was a young batsman coming through the ranks. But his place in the team is not as settled as Kumble's. Every time that Laxman plays a Test match for India, he is under pressure to keep his place in the team especially with Yuvraj Singh breathing down his neck. I don't think you would want someone as Test captain whose position is not settled in the team. Laxman has leadership qualities, but if I have a choice, between Kumble and Laxman - provided Kumble is eager and willing to take up the job - then I would go with Kumble.

Guest HariSampath
SANJAY MANJREKAR: If I have a choice between Kumble and Laxman' date= then I will certainly go with Kumble. Laxman has always shown leadership qualities, even when he was a young batsman coming through the ranks. But his place in the team is not as settled as Kumble's. Every time that Laxman plays a Test match for India, he is under pressure to keep his place in the team especially with Yuvraj Singh breathing down his neck. I don't think you would want someone as Test captain whose position is not settled in the team. Laxman has leadership qualities, but if I have a choice, between Kumble and Laxman - provided Kumble is eager and willing to take up the job - then I would go with Kumble.
Anil Kumble. I agree with SM about Laxman. His spot is not too sure. Particularly, if Sachin , Dravid and Ganguly were the other 3 middle order, then we will have a situation of Jaffer and Dinesh Karthik opening, with the only option of any batting change being openers. Thats not possible with Sehwag and gambhir pushing well for test batting slots, and even Badrinath and Yuvi strong contenders.
In your opinion how do you think Dada was re-selected? If Sehwag' date=' Gambhir (Ganguly's replacements) had scored well and India had won some ODIs in WI/SA (Yuvraj and Dhoni were failures too), do you think Ganguly would be playing now? Okay, Ganguly kept playing odd matches, but still if the Indian team had done well in his absence, I am sure it would have been tough for Ganguly to make a comeback.[/quote'] You missed my point coffee. Its about how Laxman & Ganguly handled their respective failures & how they bounced back when they were given that one last opportunity. Laxman not only failed to cement his spot, but kept whinging on how unfortunate and let down he felt etc. Good Leaders dont whinge like that.

i think the person should be a full time test member...if u see kumble then i guess he there for a year or mostly 2 years then again we have problem for captain...same thing with sachin, ganguly and dravid...and i dont knw abt VVS....however we have option of dhoni...y dont we just give him the lead....who cares if he is young....let him take the responsibility...south africa had done same thing with smith...smith was 21 or 22 and he was given captianship and i think dhoni is older then him and dhoni doing awsome job in one day and i guess he will do best in test too bez he always has support of seniors...so i think dhoni should go for it..

You missed my point coffee. Its about how Laxman & Ganguly handled their respective failures & how they bounced back when they were given that one last opportunity. Laxman not only failed to cement his spot' date=' but kept whinging on how unfortunate and let down he felt etc. [u']Good Leaders dont whinge like that.
My point being that VVSL was never selected again because his replacements played better. That is why he kept whinging about not getting selected. Had Ganguly not been selected again if his replacements had fared better, we would have seen even Ganguly doing the same as Laxman after a couple of seasons.