Wearing Black dresses banned in Kanpur ODI

Good for him- its a sport and its a free country, he can support anyone he facking wants. Hell, i HOPE there are a few Pakistani flags in the crowd and i HOPE the desis who support pakistan show up and proudly and fearlessly display their support. 2008 India-Australia series, i will be in India, waving an Aussie cricket flag. They are the world champions, they are the best damn team in cricket and they deserve support from cricket lovers. Its just that simple. The rest, who bring nationalism and all other nonsense into a simple sport about whacking a ball with a wooden stick, really need to get a life and/or grow up a bit.[/quote Without nationalistic jingoist following, Cricket wouldn't have attained the heights as a sport. The following in India is popular, only because we play other countries. If all wanted to see it for the love of the sport and admire only the best in the sport, it would be as boring as any american sport (NBA, MLB, NFL) with players jacked up by naan/steroids beating out the opposition to pulp. Even NBA/NFC following is because of the teams with traditional following and not for the ability of the players alone. Otherwise there wouldn't be any Cubs fans in MLB at all.
Cricket wouldn't have attained the heights as a sport
Would've been better that way IMO. And i don't think you know nearly enough of cricket's history and cause of its popularity. I suggest you get the book ' A history of English cricket' by Derek Birley. You will find that in terms of popularity and support, the golden age of cricket was from 1840s to 1890s, in an era almost completely free of nationalistic pride-related jingoism.
The following in India is popular, only because we play other countries.
I know. Indians are silly that way.
If all wanted to see it for the love of the sport and admire only the best in the sport, it would be as boring as any american sport (NBA, MLB, NFL) with players jacked up by naan/steroids beating out the opposition to pulp
American sports suck because the sport itself sucks, not because of any lack of national competition. NHL is one of the BEST sports i've seen, is highly appreciated in Canada and totally lacks the jingoism of cricket and the stupid chest-thumping of national pride that goes along with it. People who use sport to display their nationalism are losers of the highest order in my book. They are people with insecurity complex, left with the desire to prove something to themselves & the world. But end up making bigger fools outta themselves than they realize. As i said, I will show my support for the Aussies, because they deserve the support for being the best damn team in cricket by a country mile. Long may their dominance continue!
Would've been better that way IMO. And i don't think you know nearly enough of cricket's history and cause of its popularity. I suggest you get the book ' A history of English cricket' by Derek Birley. You will find that in terms of popularity and support, the golden age of cricket was from 1840s to 1890s, in an era almost completely free of nationalistic pride-related jingoism.
So said one Derek Birley and that becomes Gospel. He must one old hag who is crying about past time and doesn't welcome the way the sport is evolving. Haven't we all scoffed at T20s. I am talking about present day popularity of the sport. It is like the soccer world cup, probably the best example of nationalistic following of a sport.
American sports suck because the sport itself sucks, not because of any lack of national competition. NHL is one of the BEST sports i've seen, is highly appreciated in Canada and totally lacks the jingoism of cricket and the stupid chest-thumping of national pride that goes along with it.
A sport where it is within the rules of the game to let two players fight it out without any intervention from the referee. Well, that should be a engrossing viewing. But, no thanks , I prefer boxing.
People who use sport to display their nationalism are losers of the highest order in my book. They are people with insecurity complex, left with the desire to prove something to themselves & the world. But end up making bigger fools outta themselves than they realize.
There is something you learn every day. One honest question - Where you abused as a child?
As i said, I will show my support for the Aussies, because they deserve the support for being the best damn team in cricket by a country mile. Long may their dominance continue!
What's the fun if only one team dominates a sport? Competition is needed for the sport to be entertaining. The current Aus-SL doesn't make a good viewing as much as Ind-Pak, for a neutral viewer. The result of the former is a concluded already.
So said one Derek Birley and that becomes Gospel.
No, so he showed with some very good documentation and evidence.
I am talking about present day popularity of the sport. It is like the soccer world cup, probably the best example of nationalistic following of a sport.
Which is why Soccer is the dumbest sport on the planet currently- people killing each other and mob fights because 22 men whack a ball with their legs.
A sport where it is within the rules of the game to let two players fight it out without any intervention from the referee.
False. Referee intervenes in almost every fight there is. And a sport where two players are fighting it out is infinitely better than a sport where two fans are killing each other.
Well, that should be a engrossing viewing. But, no thanks , I prefer boxing.
Shows how little it is you know and understand ice hockey.
There is something you learn every day. One honest question - Where you abused as a child?
Aha..time for you to play Freud is it ? What theory are you going at, sonny ? That it is only the abused who don't stoop to the idiotic level of mixing a simple sport with nationalistic fanaticism ? That the abused have better avenues and far more meaningful way of expressing their nationalism ? I got two question for you- were you dropped on your head as a child or do you suffer from serious penile disfunction ?
What's the fun if only one team dominates a sport? Competition is needed for the sport to be entertaining. The current Aus-SL doesn't make a good viewing as much as Ind-Pak, for a neutral viewer. The result of the former is a concluded already.
Fun in sport for me is to see the quality of performance. Aussies perform at the highest level, that is fun enough for me to watch, TYVM.
Aha..time for you to play Freud is it ? What theory are you going at, sonny ? That it is only the abused who don't stoop to the idiotic level of mixing a simple sport with nationalistic fanaticism ? That the abused have better avenues and far more meaningful way of expressing their nationalism ?
So much rage over any popular opinion or rather any opinion. This is because, If you weren't given enough attention as a child or was always disapproved, you tend to show rage at any opinion that doesn't match yours.
I got a question for you- were you dropped on your head as a child ?
Again with the rage.
So much rage over any popular opinion or rather any opinion. This is because, If you weren't given enough attention as a child or was always disapproved, you tend to show rage at any opinion that doesn't match yours.
Rage ? Perhaps this applies to you- you perhaps wern't given enough attention as a child or you have serious penile disfunction to make such a comment as you did on a comment by someone about the silly jingoism in sport. So good father, take thy own gospel.
Again with the rage.
Good one, Freud. So when you make personal random comments about my childhood, its not rage. When i respond by cutting you down to size, it is rage, eh ? Pfffft. You perhaps need some coffee to wake up this morning, for clearly, you are slipping.
Hell, i HOPE there are a few Pakistani flags in the crowd and i HOPE the desis who support pakistan show up and proudly and fearlessly display their support. 2008 India-Australia series, i will be in India, waving an Aussie cricket flag. They are the world champions, they are the best damn team in cricket and they deserve support from cricket lovers. Its just that simple.
While I definitely wont be supporting Aussies anytime soon :P I would say that I have been disappointed in this Indo-Pak series, specially with the amount of Pakistani flags, and number of Pakistani supporters that can be seen. Is it fair to say that there are more Indian flags in Pakistan when a Indo-Pak game is on than vice-versa? xxx
Rage ? Perhaps this applies to you- you perhaps wern't given enough attention as a child or you have serious penile disfunction to make such a comment as you did on a comment by someone about the silly jingoism in sport. So good father, take thy own gospel. Good one, Freud. So when you make personal random comments about my childhood, its not rage. When i respond by cutting you down to size, it is rage, eh ? Pfffft. You perhaps need some coffee to wake up this morning, for clearly, you are slipping.
You started being Freud here. You said people who follow the sport with nationalistic feelings are "losers" and you psycho-analysed them to have low self-esteem. That is rage, IMO. You don't even know these people to make such gross generalisations and even made some idiotic psycho-analysis of their mindset. So much rage for such a simple thing as 'passion for cricket'. You have got to be crazy. So who was it, Daddy or Mommy ?
You said people who follow the sport with nationalistic feelings are "losers" and you psycho-analysed them to have low self-esteem. That is rage, IMO.
There is nothing 'rage' in saying that people who bring nationalism and chants of 'traitor' etc. in a sport where people whack a ball with a stick are losers. Because, to get so worked up over something so small is distinctly a trait of a loser. And FYI, this has been debated by some notable psychologists as well- perhaps you'd like to read Jung and tell Jung he is wrong ? Sorry but people who take sports for anything more than what it is - a display of physical activity within set parameters- are losers of the highest order. There is no connection to rage and next time you wanna put your Freud cap on, atleast, try to make some sense instead of quoting some lines from a movie or a sitcom you saw.
So who was it, Daddy or Mommy ?
Your wife, to my eternal regret. What a wily wench! Perhaps you can cure your own diagnosis ( that i was neglected) by sending your missus over.
There is nothing 'rage' in saying that people who bring nationalism and chants of 'traitor' etc. in a sport where people whack a ball with a stick are losers. Because, to get so worked up over something so small is distinctly a trait of a loser. And FYI, this has been debated by some notable psychologists as well- perhaps you'd like to read Jung and tell Jung he is wrong ? Sorry but people who take sports for anything more than what it is - a display of physical activity within set parameters- are losers of the highest order. Your wife, to my eternal regret. What a wily wench! Perhaps you can cure your own diagnosis ( that i was neglected) by sending your missus over.
Thanks for proving my analysis. It's the mom then. Psycho! Welcome to my Ignore-List!!!
Thanks for proving my analysis. It's the mom then. Psycho!
You need to go to dictionary.com for looking up the word 'proving'. What you did, is argue against Carl Jung, the father of modern psychology. Some 'proving' you did, eh, chump ? The only psycho here is you, who tries to justify idiotic jingoism in sport and the violence that goes along with it. And psychotically argue against a well known FACT in psychology- that first proposed (and proved over and over again) by Karl Jung. Good job. Now, is your wife comming over or not ?
Guest dada_rocks

Coffee leave that nutcase aside most probably he is that nutjob who was banned i.e. cc.. Needless to say he is waste of time mods once again this worthy son from bengal is up to his guttersque tricks i.e. abusing people's wives.. Not mine or bb this time victim is coffee.. please take note lest it gets out of hand

Real men abuse the women in other guy's families...especially when they know they won't come to kick them in the b.alls.....
Good for the real men then. me personally, if you start abusing my family, i won't whine to the mods or anything- i will return the favour with 10 times interest. Its just that simple.

Bongo man Wat da hell?? being Indian u would be waiving the freakin aussie flag??? i mean this shows ur love for ur country.. its not about supporting better team in sports but about supporting ur country more when ur country is playing.. ppl like you should be denied Indian visa.. and should be sentback rite from the airport..

being Indian u would be waiving the freakin aussie flag???
Yup.
i mean this shows ur love for ur country..
I don't need to show my love for my country by being jingoistic about a f*cking game. Its 2 men whacking a ball with a stick and 11 men chasing around- i will whave whoever's flag i want and i expect no questions about it!
. its not about supporting better team in sports but about supporting ur country more when ur country is playing..
Couldn't give a hoot about country/nationalism in something as trivial as a sport. When you spend as much time as i do in the OT forum, shedding light on Indian history, our great heroes of the past and our brave warriors, then you can question my 'nationalism'. Till then, i suggest you STFU.
ppl like you should be denied Indian visa.. and should be sentback rite from the airport..
And extremists like you would be shot dead by my Beretta in a perfect world. I would have very little problem shooting extremists who talk about denying visa/deporting/sent back from airport over something as silly as a sport..that is, if i could get away with it. As far as i am concerned, that is cricket talibanism from your part. Zero tolerance for your level of sillyness in my books. When i am in India for the OZ series next year, lemme know if you'd be attending some of the matches- i will make sure i wave my Aussie flag standing right next to you, singing ' Dam mast kalandar ..aussie aussie laal dum mast kalandar'.
i still dont get it... people cant wear black t shirts why? this would be a serious problem for me since my wadrobe is inspired by jeff goldblum's character in jurrasic park of mathematician ian smith... all i wear is either all black or at times a gray t shirt...
LOL! Sorry buddy, Mayawati wont let you in :giggle: