Modi sarkar economic reforms/governance performance thread

FischerTal

Thiruvalluvar's birth anniversary to be celebrated in schools

New Delhi: Birth anniversary of famous Tamil poet Thiruvalluvar will be celebrated in schools in North India in 2015 and his teachings will be introduced to students, Union HRD Minister Smriti Irani on Friday said. The demand to observe Thiruvalluvar's birth anniversary next year in North India schools and introduce his teachings to students, was made by Tarun Vijay, BJP MP from Uttarkhand in Rajya Sabha. The proposal was instantly accepted by Irani, who assured that she will have Thiruvalluvar anniversary celebrated in all schools through a government order. Vijay said language should build bridges not discord and North must not show arrogance but humbly come forward to adopt and respect South Indian languages, specially Tamil. He said Tamil is one of the greatest classical language having world wide footprints. In UNESCO's 'Register of Memory', Tamil was selected as first language from India. The move was supported by leaders across all political parties, including DMK and AIADMK, JD(U), Lok Janshakti Party, BJP, TMC and Congress.
Source: http://m.ibnlive.in.com/news/india/thiruvalluvars-birth-anniversary-to-be-celebrated-in-schools/515481-3.html :hatsoff: hopefully some of the idiots who think of BJP just as a north india party will keep their mouth shut

How many Icfers will now commit suicide after Aus tour or world cup:winky:
Now the problem is I was reading foreigners come to india and can get drugs without prescription and kill themselves. Atleast they should stop giving over the counter drugs which are harmful.

It seems that while the opposition where harping on about BJP MPs kamoonalism......India and Russia were able to agree on some nuclear power deals during Putin's visit http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-others/russia-remains-india-important-defence-partner-says-pm-modi-both-countries-sign-key-nuclear-deal/ No wonder all these MPs were making kamoonal commentary.......nice distraction ploy........Commies, TMC, SP, BSP would've made a big deal about it in Parliament had they not been distracted.......aur mic thoddo B->......

It seems that while the opposition where harping on about BJP MPs kamoonalism......India and Russia were able to agree on some nuclear power deals during Putin's visit http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-others/russia-remains-india-important-defence-partner-says-pm-modi-both-countries-sign-key-nuclear-deal/ No wonder all these MPs were making kamoonal commentary.......nice distraction ploy........Commies, TMC, SP, BSP would've made a big deal about it in Parliament had they not been distracted.......aur mic thoddo B->......
It was a clear ploy to distract the opposition, that I understand however, I thought it was to distract from the Black money issue...

It was a clear ploy to distract the opposition' date=' that I understand however, I thought it was to distract from the Black money issue...[/quote'] I don't think so.........Govt. now has SC backing.......there have been positive developments regarding black money...... http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/black-money-probe-indians-in-hsbc-list-hold-rs-4479-crore-says-centre/article6686536.ece?ref=relatedNews Technically.......names can be revealed now itself..........however SC has given the Govt. till 31st March 2015 to finish the prosecutions.........and I'm guessing they will reveal them then.......

[url=http://www.dnaindia.com/money/report-industrial-production-index-slumps-to-3-year-low-jolts-recovery-hopes-2043481]Industrial production index slumps to 3-year low' date=' jolts recovery hopes[/url'] It may also be because of this. I can't say. But bjp is mistaken if it thinks weekly stupid statements are just a distraction.
That article states that they need bring forth reforms to make the necessary fixes.........so your saying that the Govt. was trying to distract the house from a problem for which they require the house's help to fix....... Btw....it is the opposition's job to bring up issues like this........why didn't they do so?

That article states that they need bring forth reforms to make the necessary fixes.........so your saying that the Govt. was trying to distract the house from a problem for which they require the house's help to fix....... Btw....it is the opposition's job to bring up issues like this........why didn't they do so?
Who knows what kind of reforms are needed to fix these problems? They might be unpopular before the assembly elections. I don't know so i cannot say for sure. Since you guys were speculating i brought up what i read. But what i am saying is, I am pretty sure that periodic stupidity whether intentional or not is harming the bjp and is not just a distraction.

Who knows what kind of reforms are needed to fix these problems? They might be unpopular before the assembly elections. I don't know so i cannot say for sure. Since you guys were speculating i brought up what i read. But what i am saying is, I am pretty sure that periodic stupidity whether intentional or not is harming the bjp and is not just a distraction.
Fair enough.........but I think as long as the Govt. delivers on the economic and development front......they will be ok....... It seems that the BJP are now very much focused on establishing themselves in WB.......will be very interesting times........but Momta is very confident about her vote banks :nervous:

The Govt wants to celebrate Good Governance day on Dec 25 and many schools have been directed to hold essay competitions, quiz, show documentaries on good governance etc. I guess they forgot that December 25, besides being the birthday of AtalJi and Madan Mohan Malviya, is also Christmas Day which may result in huge inconvenience to many people and the good governance day would also fall during the winter vacation where students and teachers are supposed to be on holiday.