Indian Super League - ADK is the first champion!

Vilander

Just heard NE FC have Shillong L side from I league just like Goa have Dempo, my bet is its between these two and Delhi, although others are good they will not compete atleast in the first edition. We can expect good things from Pune too. But i guess Goa will have the cup, with Dempo, Zico.

Just heard NE FC have Shillong L side from I league just like Goa have Dempo' date=' my bet is its between these two and Delhi, although others are good they will not compete atleast in the first edition. We can expect good things from Pune too. But i guess Goa will have the cup, with Dempo, Zico.[/quote'] Nah. Mumbai and probably Chennai seem the strongest. Pune looks good too while Delhi Dynamos has probably been the best team in the practice games. We won't actually know though until the tournament begins and they all play against each other.

Hrithik set to replace Salman as FC Pune City co-owner According to sources, FC Pune City have concluded talks with Bollywood star, Hrithik Roshan, and an agreement will be signed in Mumbai on Thursday. (AFP Photo) PANAJI: Hrithik Roshan is set to be named as the co-owner of FC Pune City replacing Salman Khan in the next 24 hours. Bollywood star Salman Khan co-owns the Pune franchise in the Indian Super League (ISL) along with Wadhawan Group, which has diverse business interests. Salman, however, has not been able to devote time to the Pune franchise as much as the other Bollywood stars like Abhishek Bachchan (Chennai), John Abraham (Guwahati) and Ranbir Kapoor (Mumbai), prompting Pune to look at other Bollywood options. According to sources, FC Pune City have now concluded talks with another Bollywood star, Hrithik Roshan, and an agreement will be signed in Mumbai on Thursday. 44731652.cmsCEO,FC Pune City(L), Sandro Mencucci, CEO, ACF Fiorentina and Leonardo Limatola, head planning and control, ACF Fiorentina, during the launch and unveiling of brand FC Pune City and association with ACF Fiorentina in Mumbai (TOI Photo) It was not immediately known if Hrithik will himself make an announcement but those in the know have confirmed to TOI that he will be present during the Indian Super League (ISL) opening at the Salt Lake stadium in Kolkata on Sunday. West Bengal chief minister Mamata Banerjee will inaugurate the ISL while Priyanka Chopra will set the stage on fire along with Varun Dhawan in a 45-minute opening ceremony that begins at 5pm on Sunday.

Hrithik Roshan becomes co-owner of FC Pune City 466651_heroa.jpgFC Pune City, Hrithik Roshan FC Pune City announce their association with the Bollywood superstar who joins them as a co-owner of the franchise... Hrithik Roshan was confirmed as co-owner of FC Pune City in a star studded ceremony in Mumbai today. This was after Salman Khan had denied any association with the franchise on micro-blogging site, twitter. The superstar from Indian cinema was glad to be a partner with FC Pune City while hoping that the Indian Super League (ISL) would provide a platform for upcoming football talent from the country. “I am honoured to be associated with the ISL, which represents India’s first effort at professional football. It is definitely the next big sporting brand in our country and will give young football talent solid platform. I hope my partnership with FC Pune City add further strength to the team and star players’ football expertise.” Speaking on the development, Gaurav Modwel, CEO, FC Pune City said, “We are extremely pleased to have Hrithik Roshan as a co-owner of FC Pune City. He is a youth icon and his association with FC Pune City will give us a huge impetus in connecting with the youth. With the ISL, we want to make football household name and the star power of Hrithik will help us drawing audiences across categories.” FC Pune City have roped in David Trezeguet as their marquee player and the Franco Colomba managed side start their campaign away from home, against the Delhi Dynamos on 14th October.

Eurosport to broadcast Indian Super League Eurosport has acquired the pan-European rights to the first edition of the Indian Super League of football and will broadcast live 16 matches of the opening season between October 12th and December 20th. International ex-professional players, such as David Trezeguet, David James, Nicolas Anelka and Freddie Ljungberg will participate in the event, designed to help increase the profile of football in India. The inaugural match of the Indian Super League will be played at the Salt Lake Stadium, Kolkata on October 12th. Eurosport will broadcast it live on Eurosport 2.

I will dance if Pune win ISL, says Hrithik BzgnL1BCcAAmHhv.jpgMumbai: Actor Hrithik Roshan is the latest celebrity to join the star-studded Indian Super League (ISL) line-up after he replaced Salman Khan as the coowner of FC Pune City on Thursday. It is rumoured that Salman backed out of the ISL citing branding issues and the Rajesh Wadhawan Group saw a great opportunity to rope in Hrithik, who is riding high after the success of his latest film Bang Bang. This is Hrithik's first-ever association with a sports league and the actor feels it's his passion for football besides some coaxing from good friend Rajesh that prompted this move. “I believe in sport. I feel sport teaches a lot of things like discipline, team work, character. It takes a lot of courage to go out on the ground and perform. When you talk about football, it is one game that is truly a man's sport, really tough. I am really happy that I got a chance to get associated with the ISL. Whatever I do I always think about my kids and what can empower them in the future and this is one such thing,“ Hrithik told TOI on Thursday. “We need variety on the sporting front and what better than football which is a religion across the world.During my school days, I used to play more football than cricket and I always felt there was a lot of talent and passion ready to be explored but there wasn't a platform like this before. Thanks to Nita Ambani for creating such a league.When this opportunity came my way I grabbed it with both hands. I took it as a responsibility to take football forward. I am confident that ISL will take the nation by storm,“ he explained. His busy schedule prevented Hrithik from following international football and even his short stint with the game at school was cut short due to injury. But having a team in the ISL has revived his interest in the beautiful game. “I was forced to leave football in school due to a knee injury. I also used to have shin splits whenever I played. I have had a hectic schedule of late. I can relax for a while and give quality time to my team. I want to channelize the success of my movie and transfer that energy into the team,“ Hrithik said. The superstar confirmed that he will be present during the opening ceremony on October 12. “We have a great team. We have players like (David) Trezeguet and Kostas (Katsouranis) who have had a great record in Europe. They have been training in Florence under one of the best coaches - (Franco) Colomba. So I am looking forward to meeting them soon, backing them to win it all. I will jump on the field and dance if we win,“ said the six-time Filmfare award winner. Court case not behind Salman pull out, insists Modwel Salman's pull out from the Pune outfit triggered a wave of speculation. Some believed that Salman's legal hassles (hit & run case and the black buck hunting case) had caught the ire of partner club ACF Fiorentina who wanted the team's face to have a clean image. But FC Pune City CEO Gaurav Modwel rubbished reports saying, “Fiorentina had not put any pre-condition. This is not at all true. It was because of the brand Salman endorses (Thums Up) is in direct conflict with ISL's partners Pepsi. We wanted Salman to continue.“

Nah. Mumbai and probably Chennai seem the strongest. Pune looks good too while Delhi Dynamos has probably been the best team in the practice games. We won't actually know though until the tournament begins and they all play against each other.
yup Chennai beat a Army green side 0-7 or something, but that is understandable. I think local talent in Kerala #$aaakthuu%5 side is good too.