I don't know who is Sachin Tendulkar : Maria Sharapova

BlueBee

ALso nothing personal against Maria' date='Just the ignorance of some people is condascending to me as an Indian......[b']compare that to Indians who try to memorize every tactical American Football move and seem to know statistics of these sports that India doesn't even participate in leave alone knowing their sporting icons is hurtful.
We are brought like that. mugging up things. Capital of all the states, capital of world states I would gladly trade a software engineer with IQ of 180 with sharapova for our country :cantstop:

This might be off topic but Not sure about Lucknow' date='but in the 90's growing up in Mumbai I used to see people selling Posters of Michael Jordan on the streets and youngsters buying them like hot cakes.[/quote'] All it says is.. Indians mentality, obsession over american culture, american phrases, american english. They just try to ape everything America does. They watch their movies downloading illegally. There will be lot of references to such sports personalities in such movies. Nothing else. I know my own cousins who know zilch about basketball talk about Kobe Bryant :haha:

How many NRIs can honestly name top 10 current players of the most popular local sport ? And these are the people who have been living in Canada' date='US, Aus etc and still dont know popular players.[/quote'] Guilty as charged. I don't know m any of the top players in USA except Basketball which is the only one i follow. Then few from olympics. That's it.

This might be off topic but Not sure about Lucknow' date='but in the 90's growing up in Mumbai I used to see people selling Posters of Michael Jordan on the streets and youngsters buying them like hot cakes.[/quote'] That was Michael Jordan. Hardly any sports icon in any sport currently is at the level of Jordan in terms of popularity or for that matter, talent.