India hint at five-bowler strategy

You implied that playing county side would have been a cakewalk,didnt you?so our top 2 batsmen should have absolutely thrashed them,no?that didnt quite happen.So that shows his runs werent as meaningless as you are implying. What to do,I am not as intelligent as you :(( hardly anyone has foresight as good as you :hail:http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?t=127151
Pujara retired on 81 in the game you cling to for binnys great form. And yes they were meaningless as he is not good enough for TEST cricket. As the first time he gets a 90mph snorter whistle past him his confidence will drain in an instant, as people like raina and dhoni found out

for over thirty years, I have been observing this.it started more prominent in the 90's when kapil and shastri retired anytime our bowling attack comes a cropper and we fail another time abroad, a gavaskar or shastri or someone else will come up with the bright idea " five bowlers needed for 20 wickets". do they have anything to back up their observation? for the 80's they had five bowlers with plethora of allrounders and it was very painful to watch indian bowling in that decade. one 2-0 win in England is all that they have to show greg chappell and dravid raised it to a crescendo in 2005-2006. contrary to what people ignorant of cricketing history think, this five bowler nonsense has been raised several times in the past, tried many times, failed every time and they beat a retreat. another failure abroad after sometime, they will raise this BS issue again. are they able to develop our prospects into world beaters? are they able to find fantastic bowling talent? the above NEVER happens. in 2018, after another failure abroad, be prepared to hear " we need five bowlers" from agarkar or someone else.no evidence needed. it has worked so many times before and it will work again. and some naïve uninformed fans will think a bold experiment is being tried for the very first time! unfortunately with my long memory, I have no option but to bang my head in disbelief

Ashwin in place of Jadeja would have given us a much better batsman. Then, we could have taken Pankaj in place of Binny. Decent batting lineup and 5 proper bowlers.
I'd have taken Ashwin instead of Binny since pitch is dry and Pankaj for Ishant. Jaddu can be useful with the ball here
I'd have taken Ashwin instead of Binny since pitch is dry and Pankaj for Ishant. Jaddu can be useful with the ball here
I would agree with you if we were picking the team today. But, before the start of the match, it was not easy to predict that an English pitch would be so slow. Also, we all know that Ishant would play unless he is injured. We can't do anything about it. :--D

Bhuvi is effective only for first few overs. Ishant is useless, has been 10kph slower too since he had ankle surgery. Binny bowling about 120-123kph, useless. I can only see Shami getting some when ball starts to reverse and Jadeja getting a few. Gonna be a long innings. Need Pankaj, Pandey, Aaron. All 3 of them next test for the useless 3 in this one. Or 2 actually with 1 proper bat (Tailunt), India won't get lucky like today everyday.

Give Rohit the series. Many had made up their minds about Rahane, he was struggling against 118kph bowlers in SRT's final game. Many people had made their minds up about Vijay. Rohit has only played 4 overseas tests and was unbeaten on 30 something in his final innings. Give him this series at least. Almost a disaster for India today. Won't happen everyday. 6. Dhoni 7. Jaddu 8. Binny Not ideal at all.

Give Rohit the series. Many had made up their minds about Rahane, he was struggling against 118kph bowlers in SRT's final game. Many people had made their minds up about Vijay. Rohit has only played 4 overseas tests and was unbeaten on 30 something in his final innings. Give him this series at least. Almost a disaster for India today. Won't happen everyday. 6. Dhoni 7. Jaddu 8. Binny Not ideal at all.
When we "go to India" he will get his chance :cantstop:
5 bowler theory will most likely be junked on this tour itself and Rohit will get his test spot back.
Doubt it Fletcher always preferred 5 bowlers even with England.I can't see us discarding this theory until Dhoni has few failures Even if it discarded for away tests we will 100% continue with it at home imo considering our 100% success that 5 bowler attack and Dhoni's reliability at home.