Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

I'm surprised Umesh Yadav was not picked ahead of Mohammad Shami. I can understand if it was someone like Bhuvaneshwar, because he provides control. But Shami seems to be just as wayward as Umesh (and about 5-10km/h slower). Plus Umesh has some experience (including some success) on Australian pitches.

I'm surprised Umesh Yadav was not picked ahead of Mohammad Shami. I can understand if it was someone like Bhuvaneshwar' date=' because he provides control. But Shami seems to be just as wayward as Umesh (and about 5-10km/h slower). Plus Umesh has some experience (including some success) on Australian pitches.[/quote'] Because Shami was better in warmup.
I would have taken Umesh in the place of Shami mainly because Umesh showed control + pace in SL ODIs. Whereas Shami has lacked control in the recent past. Pace of both have been somewhat similar ... Umesh quicker by a bit.
Umesh is quicker off the pitch also.its better he comes in brisbane or some helpful pitch.
Because Shami was better in warmup.
Fair enough ... but Shami's recent test form has been poor and the main question mark for Umesh over the last couple of years has been fitness. Umesh pulled through the warm up matches ok so I would have picked him. Mind you, Shami bowled much better with the second new ball. Hopefully he can turn things around.