Call Sreesanth to pep up ODI series: Rameez

Feed

Rameez Raja feels the ongoing ODI cricket series between India and Pakistan is lacking in intensity. More... Former Pakistani captain Rameez Raja feels the ongoing ODI cricket series between India and Pakistan is lacking in intensity and playing fast bowler S Sreesanth could pep it up. Rameez rated the India-Pakistan matches above the Ashes but said the current one was not as exciting as it gets. "I am disappointed with the lack of intensity in this series. More needle is required in the series. I think we need to play Sreesanth," Rameez said. Sreesanth's on-field aggression and comments were subject of debate during India's recent series against Australia. The Kerala bowler is part of the 15-member ODI squad but has not been picked in the playing XI for any of the three matches so far. The cricketer-turned-commentator said Pakistan were not much affected by the ball change rule. "I don't think they are much affected. None of the teams in the series are much influenced by the rule unlike Australia who made best use of it," he said about the new rule of ball being changed after 34th over in ODIs. He said the cricketing talent in the two countries had improved over the years. "Although the two teams are not great fielding sides but they are better than the sides of mid '80s. The talent has definitely improved," he said. "There is also a scientific element to fitness these days. Players train in gyms and follow a healthy diet chart unlike in our times when we would eat Alu bhaji even during matches," he added. Rameez also said the pace of cricket in ODI and Tests had increased. "It has changed dramatically. Earlier we would take three sessions to score a hundred now it is possible in one session. Television-wise also it has become a great sport," he said. Rameez, along with Shoaib Akhtar, openers Salman Butt, Yaseer Hamid, team manager Javed Akhtar and Pakistan Cricket Board Director Cricket Operations Zakir Khan interacted with Scindia school students on Children's day. Indian team was represented by R P Singh, Robin Uthappa and S Sreesanth at the function hosted by Madhya Pradesh Cricket Association Chief Jyotiraditya Scindia.

though i won't mind sreesanth playing.. but i would like to mention one thing.. this rameez raja is total dramebaaz.. he tries to be oversmart....tryes to be funny and smart which he isn't.. whenever he notices that camera is on him, then he tryes to make fun of some Indian commentators..as if that very habit of his would make him a royal commentator..