Pak batsmen were selfish

Gambit

According to Rameez Raja.

Ramiz Raja: One has to question the intent of the Pakistan batsmen because I thought they were going nowhere today. Their batsmen seemed to be playing according to ten different scripts and nobody seemed to be following the overall team script. A selfish streak dominated their play. The team goals were put on the backburner. If you looked at [Mohammad] Yousuf's innings, you could straightaway make out that he was more keen to play for himself [than the team]. He has now become a statsguru; he's always looking after himself and doesn't appear to be playing for the team. That is the impression I got from his innings; otherwise, why would Pakistan lose matches whenever he has scored runs for his team? So I think he needs to improve his overall strike-rate if he is to become a potent force in the middle order. I also thought Pakistan's strategy left a lot of questions unanswered. They lost crucial wickets at the wrong time and the innings never really took off. Shoaib Malik's decision to bat first had to be backed by a good total on the board. Pakistan needed at least 30 runs extra [over what they scored] in order to beef up the total and counter the dew factor, as controlling the ball becomes difficult both while bowling and fielding in such circumstances. [in all] 255 was never going to be enough. India never looked out of breath or out of control when Pakistan started batting because they weren't threatened by any of the Pakistan batsmen. In fact the Indian bowlers: Zaheer Khan, Irfan Pathan and RP Singh were at their best during the death overs. It was a marked improvement from the earlier matches. Dhoni's captaincy, once again, was terrific. It stood out because he used the fifth-bowler option cleverly and got [the desired] results. He chopped and changed the combination of Yuvraj Singh, Virender Sehwag and Sourav Ganguly and it made a lot of sense because India didn't suffer when these three were bowling. India's batting was dominated by Sachin Tendulkar, who stroked a magical 97. We've got used to him getting out in the 90s - it was the sixth such time this year - and it doesn't surprise us anymore. It was the vintage Tendulkar that we saw today, after a long time. His innings was flawless, and had ingredients of greatness. The coup de grace was once again applied by the Yuvraj-Dhoni partnership. They stole the march in style. Pakistan have clearly been the weaker team in this series. Malik will have to pick himself up for there is the Test series to follow and Pakistan can't afford to have a dejected and demoralised captain for that can pull his troops down as well. The statistics show the difference between the two captains - while Dhoni is averaging in the 50s in the one-day series, his counterpart is struggling, averaging less than 20 with the bat. Malik's own form has got to improve; he has got to believe in himself in order to be a presentable leader for his team. Otherwise it will be tough for Pakistan to unsettle India in the Test series. A tour of India is always tough for the opposing captain and I guess Malik will have to learn the hard way, as he has no other choice.
http://content-www.cricinfo.com/talk/content/multimedia/320446.html?view=transcript What goes around comes around. :laugh:

this is just what i was trying to indicate in my post titled "assault on the senses"... there is a virtually institutional impact and thereafter a resultant change in the process of pakistani cricket. it seems they are going through denial and bargain at the moment but acceptance is right around the corner...

"why would Pakistan lose matches whenever he has scored runs for his team?" That is really absurd logic.....we used to loose a lot in the nineties and Sachin used to be the top scorer. That does not mean he was at fault...the rest of the team failed to play around him. Though yoyo is not in Sachin's class,I think the statement is really over the top in the context of yday's match. Anyway more miseries for Pak cricket...:giggle: