US Open - 2014

bones

Djoker is at his prime while Federer is 33. A Federer at his prime would have blown away Djoker. You will laugh at this but its the reality.
Lol.. Somehow Federer's prime is always when he wins or when he doesn't have to face Nadal/Djoko/Murray. If he loses, it is because he is non-prime.

Djoker is at his prime while Federer is 33. A Federer at his prime would have blown away Djoker. You will laugh at this but its the reality.
Do you even watch tennis matches? Federer at his prime did play a 20 year old Djokovic and could not blow him away in the 2007 final. It was a very close match despite being a straight set win for Fed. A few months later Djokovic returned the favor in Australia. Djokovic is not Hewitt to lose 6-0 7-6 6-0 to Federer in a GS final.

Whats amazing is that Federer looked fresher and fitter than Monfils,he was barely breaking sweat. His fitness is so underrated.
Not underrated at all. People who follow the game closely already know this. About Monfils, he was mentally done, not physically.

Do you even watch tennis matches? Federer at his prime did play a 20 year old Djokovic and could not blow him away in the 2007 final. It was a very close match despite being a straight set win for Fed. A few months later Djokovic returned the favor in Australia. Djokovic is not Hewitt to lose 6-0 7-6 6-0 to Federer in a GS final.
One question which Frauderer fans never answer, identify peak years of him. Eventually answers I get to hear are when he was playing Roddicks,Safins, Hewitts of the world.

Of course I don't watch tennis matches. You are the only one who watches tennis on this forum. Now go and chant 'Federer sucks....Federer sucks'.

One question which Frauderer fans never answer' date=' identify peak years of him. Eventually answers I get to hear are when he was playing Roddicks,Safins, Hewitts of the world.[/quote'] Let's not go down to the level of the serial liar and the boneheaded clown. Federer has been a great champion. He just made the most of the situation. It is true that his achievements from that period are inflated because of the lack of other great players but he is good enough to beat anybody anywhere as he has shown it many times. He just got it way too easy in that period. Some of his fans are obnoxious but let's not take that out on him. But yeah the concept of "peak years" is a bit mysterious.

Let's not go down to the level of the serial liar and the boneheaded clown. Federer has been a great champion. He just made the most of the situation. It is true that his achievements from that period are inflated because of the lack of other great players but he is good enough to beat anybody anywhere as he has shown it many times. He just got it way too easy in that period. Some of his fans are obnoxious but let's not take that out on him. But yeah the concept of "peak years" is a bit mysterious.
Oh.. that was just a typo. I'll not go down to that level otherwise. Yeah. I have also been perplexed with these mysterious peak years.

One question which Frauderer fans never answer' date=' identify peak years of him. Eventually answers I get to hear are when he was playing Roddicks,Safins, Hewitts of the world.[/quote'] Feds peak years were from 2003 to 2009. Thats when he was at his physical prime. Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk 2

Let's not go down to the level of the serial liar and the boneheaded clown. Federer has been a great champion. He just made the most of the situation. It is true that his achievements from that period are inflated because of the lack of other great players but he is good enough to beat anybody anywhere as he has shown it many times. He just got it way too easy in that period. Some of his fans are obnoxious but let's not take that out on him. But yeah the concept of "peak years" is a bit mysterious.
Federers record is less inflated than nadals imo. Federer has beaten more world #1 players than nadal. There were no lack of great players, just that at federets peak nobody stood a chance against him. If rafa and djokovic were 5 yrs older, they too would've had safin/roddick-esque numbers, especially nole. Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk 2

Just came from NY. Having watched Djokovic practice closely and few of his games, especially the one at Louis armstrong, sitting court side, I can say Djokovic is a stronger contender for the finals. I want Federer to win off course, but he will have to put a top show. And those who are not even thinking about semi finals and just jumping towards final, WELL JUST GIVE SOME RESPECT TO CILIC AND NISHIKORI. Some of you might not have followed what all these two guys are doing. Cilic has looking really strong under the coach Ivanisevic. He looks strong built now and is serving probably best in the tournament, better than Roger or DJOKER. Nishikori and learned a thing or two under his new caoch Michael Chang. He played two back to back long 5 set games. One of them against Raonic ended at 3 am. He knows how to settle in and finish the games now. I think he will put up a good fight against Djoker. I want him to upset Djoker this time. But I really want to see Federer beat Djokovic in the final. That all said - NO DOUBT THAT THE BEST 4 PLAYERS OF THIS TOURNAMENT ARE IN THE SEMIS. No one played better tennis then these 4. One player who could have been slotted in the semi finals was Giles Simon. He looked CLASS until he broke down to Cilic in the pre quater final 5 set thriller.

Federer must be feeling 2006-ish with this draw.
A Nadal fan complaining about draws :haha: He got joke draws at the USO 2010 and 2013 and it was an absolute cakewalk to the final. On both occasions Djokovic had no time to recover after draining 5 setters. Swap his and Djokovic's draws/schedule in 2010 and 2013 and Nadal would most likely have lost in 2013 and it would have been a lot closer in 2010. His Wimbledon 2010 draw was the worst of the lot though :hysterical:

i predicted monfils would beat federer yesterday because i watched some matches of monfils in the tournie and he played some exceptional tennis and almost defeated fed but for the sheer tenacity of fed (monfils too played his part). two points i always believe- 1)u(especially the underdogs) need to beat guys like fed,rafa and novak by the 4th set i.e by dominating them and finish the match as quickly as possible,if u give these guys the slightest of sniff,they''ll comeback and make u pay.if they take the match to the 5th set,ur chances of winning becomes astronomically low. 2) i believe the form of a player in the particular tournie is what matters,it doesnt matter if u are not a big name but if u play ur best tennis u deserve to reach the semis or the finals.currently kei and cilic deserve to be where they are and can give more than a fight than a so called top 5 player(not in great form) would. i wouldnt be surprised if both the semis go to the fifth set

A Nadal fan complaining about draws :haha: He got joke draws at the USO 2010 and 2013 and it was an absolute cakewalk to the final. On both occasions Djokovic had no time to recover after draining 5 setters. Swap his and Djokovic's draws/schedule in 2010 and 2013 and Nadal would most likely have lost in 2013 and it would have been a lot closer in 2010. His Wimbledon 2010 draw was the worst of the lot though :hysterical:
true.i think this 'ur draw' vs 'my draw' is debate is trivial. one set of fans will belittle the achievements of the other player by mentioning his supposedly 'cakewalk' draw but forget their own favorite player too got his fair share of easy draws. one can only complain and whine but the almost every top 4 player gets a lucky draw or two in a calender year

Haha, too much butt hurt from the Nadaltards all over the internet. 1)How many French Open Champions has Nadal beaten at RG? People love to nitpick Federer's opponents and make all kinds of excuses but they talk as if Nadal beat Borg to win his 9 French Opens :haha: 2)The toughest mutual foe for Fedal was Djokovic in 2011. Remind me how each of them fared there? 3)At his absolute peak, Nadal lost to Davydenko and Roddick on hards and to this day Davydenko has a 6-1 record against him on hards (6-1 or something similar). 4)Federer was number 1 in the world in 2012(Nadal's and Djokovic's best years being in 2010 and 2011 respectively) and won WTF in both 2010(beating Nadal) and 2011. 5)How many Grand Slam Champions have Federer and Nadal beaten en route to their GS wins? I challenge Raghav to answer this but he won't I know :--D While beating mono Fed in 2008 and a Federer who played on with back injury in 2013 is great, no-one could touch him from 2004-2007 outside of Nadal on clay (and Safin once). 2009 was again a brilliant year when he was about as old and Nadal/Djo are now - reached all 4 finals, won 2 and lost 2 five setters- let us talk when Djokovic manages to reach 4 GS finals in a year - I won't even mention Nadal because he plays about 1 slam per year :--D) and he was still in his prime (as opposed to "peak"). From 2010 onwards he started declining....2011 was his last real "good" year in terms of play. That he still did what he did in mid 2012 is a massive, massive boost to his credentials (not that it needed it). I like how Monfils choked the match away but grandfatherer 30+ Federer losing after having 2 match points to a Djokovic in God mode(a mode where basically Nadal couldn't touch him and has a losing H2H to him since 2011) is basically a proof of the fact that Federer sucks vs Djokovic :haha: Nadal is a bad match up for Fed and a peak Nadal would likely have a winning record H2H (despite not being as good against the rest of the field) vs a peak Fed everywhere bar grass and indoors. Likewise a peak Djokovic would likely have a winning record against a peak Nadal anywhere but on clay because Djokovic is arguably the worst match up for Nadal. A peak Fed vs peak Djokovic is not in any doubt whatsoever. 2011 is your answer...a Djokovic in God mode could not beat a Federer pushing 30 on Federer's worst surface and was 2 MP down on HC at the US Open. While "baby" Djokovic did play well in the 2007 USO final, he still lost in straights. Against the rest of the field - Peak Federer >>Peak Nadal>>>>>>Peak Djokovic.

true.i think this 'ur draw' vs 'my draw' is debate is trivial. one set of fans will belittle the achievements of the other player by mentioning his supposedly 'cakewalk' draw but forget their own favorite player too got his fair share of easy draws. one can only complain and whine but the almost every top 4 player gets a lucky draw or two in a calender year
Exactly. IIRC Sampras' last Wimby win also had a pretty ''easy'' draw as did AA's last USO win I think. Heck, even in this draw, I think Federer had to deal with higher ranked opponents than Djokovic in the first 3 or 4 rounds(will have to check that up, but for the first 3 I am sure). His only tough opponent was Murray who is in the worst form of his life post his GS wins. I wonder what happens if Nishikori pulls off an upset and Fed ends up winning the whole thing. Nadal fans will have yet another excuse - Federer can only beat Nishikori in the finals of GS! blah blah blah. If you look at Djokovic's draw in isolation it has been far from what you'd call difficult. Ultimately if you win 7 matches in a row and lift the cup, you are a worthy GS Champion - doesn't matter if you had to beat Byrdych or a bloke with mono or a tired opponent because of rubbish scheduling. It is what it is.