If Dhoni is Injured

Dhondy

And can't play the first Test, it does solve a hairy problem for the Indian "think tank" (more like a leaking loo). It does resolve the issue of what to do with Yuvraj's excellent form, the man at risk yet again, rather unfairly, being VVS Laxman. Dhoni was made to wear an aircast brace by the physio, and it looks like a sprain. I reckon he is out of the first Test. So Kartick keeps wickets and Yuvraj and Laxman both figure in the XI. Not what India wanted, but may not be the worst outcome.

For the FIRST time in many matche, India suffer a top order collapse and Ganguly isnt playing. Have you guys given your intelligence a weekend holiday ?
The guy would have been useless. So, we dont lose wickets but still lose because of his super slow batting. Same result achieved in a different style by SG. Nah, would rather use this opportunity to find some promising youngsters like Rohit Sharma, and to confirm the fact that sehwag should be given a Ta Ta.
Ganguly's batting
Huh ? I thought this was a team game , where people play according to plan. Batsman play with/around each other. This is not like the Lotte super skills crap. This is a team game. Ganguly-Sachin partnerships have helped the middle order flourish and score at a quick pace.
In any case ... Ganguly and Laxman are our best 2 test batsman at the moment so it would be foolish to drop either of them If dhoni is injured then I would ask KKD to keep and put Yuvraj in place of Dhoni
Bharat, How is Laxman among the top two test bats at the moment? Ganguly was the top run-getter vs SA while Sachin was the the one who was second highest top run-getter. Karthik was the top run getter in England Ganguly second highest and Sachin third highest. Just can't understand how you came at the conclusion about Laxman being among the best two test bats. Care to explain?