Davis Cup - India vs Serbia(Sept12th-14)

Cricketics

World Group Playoff game in Bangalore. I am feeling good about this one. Djoker is not coming to India, so the top Ranked is Lajovic. Nenad Zimonjic is a great experienced doubles player. But the good news for us is that Leander Paes, who initially opted out from the tie, is now ready to play this one. This is going to be our team now. Leander Yuki Somdev Rohan. Defintely we can win the doubles - Leander/Rohan. They need to get the chemistry right. In the past, Rohan has been more Bhupathi friend and hence hasn't really clicked well with Leander, but hopefully that all will be sorted out and they will put up a strong show and win this game on day 2. I hope Somdev and Yuki both win a game each and we can progress in the tie. It surely is going to be a great Davis Cup Tie to follow. Let's go India.

Is it confirmed that Djoko not coming to India? Initially he was penned in for this tie. But seemingly US open took some toll on him, both physically and mentally and in post match (SF) interview he had mentioned he is not sure if he would be coming to India for Davis Cup tie. I was in double mind on whether should I wish to Djokovic to come to India or not. His not coming to India definitely brightens Indian chance but at the same time takes away an opportunity from Indian fans of seeing a great champion in Djoko in action. I would have planned to go Bangalore if he was coming.